• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Agree with all. Anecdotally, I hear the army and Air Force aren’t nearly as strict either. More common sense policies in those branches. That said, I’m sure this is knee jerk backlash from the TR and an overreaction in hopes of preventing another future public affairs embarrassment.
I'm out of the Navy in 23 days. I think the thing I'm most looking forward to is a haircut. And not a high and tight from the Nex, which is the only place I'm currently allowed to get one. Somewhere that can actually use scissors. It's too much to ask for today's active Navy. All the other bullshit I'm not currently allowed to do but will be able to, will be nice as well.. My brother just came back to the states from Italy after four years there, and I'd also need CNATRA approval to go visit, followed by a quarantine. Luckily for me, no thanks. I'll sell the leave, I'm out soon, and freedom. They really botched the Fragord.

Last edited:

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I think the thing I'm most looking forward to is a haircut. And not a high and tight from the Nex, which is the only place I'm currently allowed to get one. Somewhere that can actually use scissors.
I learned to do my own during this time. It now takes me 10 minutes. I don't have to wait in line behind an army of A schoolers and I don't have to deal with Ursula's look alike blaming me when she manages to cut my head with a buzzer.27294

Last edited:

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I'm out of the Navy in 23 days. I think the thing I'm most looking forward to is a haircut. And not a high and tight from the Nex, which is the only place I'm currently allowed to get one. Somewhere that can actually use scissors. It's too much to ask for today's active Navy. All the other bullshit I'm not currently allowed to do but will be able to, will be nice as well.. My brother just came back to the states from Italy after four years there, and I'd also need CNATRA approval to go visit, followed by a quarantine. Luckily for me, no thanks. I'll sell the leave, I'm out soon, and freedom. They really botched the Fragord.

Or just get your hair cut. Fuck that stupid fragord. What are they gonna do, kick you out?

I trust my barber with scissors who actually disinfects his work space and has to keep a state license that involves regular health inspections to keep me safe (and, more importantly, coming back).

Not so much with the shitty razor jockeys who now have a captive audience at the NEX.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Or just get your hair cut. Fuck that stupid fragord. What are they gonna do, kick you out?

I trust my barber with scissors who actually disinfects his work space and has to keep a state license that involves regular health inspections to keep me safe (and, more importantly, coming back).

Not so much with the shitty razor jockeys who now have a captive audience at the NEX.
Fair enough my friend, but I've tried to follow the spirit and letter as long as I have to :). I wouldn't expect a dishonorable discharge for getting a haircut in town, but I do appreciate my front office enough to not be "that guy". I get it, who would catch me? Who would be more in the wrong if I ran into the Commodore at the local stop? We would both pretend we didn't see each other. But... I can let it grow for a few more days, earning my paycheck haha. Day one as a civilian, I can get a nice haircut sans mask per local regulations

Birdbrain

pilot
What are they gonna do, kick you out?
Yes.
Wow. House Committee for Oversight was told that the fatality rate for coronavirus was ten times worse than the flu because the person testifying misspoke about the difference between IFR and CFR.

The individual who made the error? You might have heard of him. Dr. Anthony Fauci.

View attachment 27295View attachment 27296
According to the statistics out of Mississippi, you have an overall chance of dying of 2.9%. Now, if you're in the age bracket of 17-29 you have a .1% chance of dying even though that age bracket makes up a plurality of the infections. If you're older than 70 your chances go up.

Let's face it. This virus attacks everybody and kills the old and infirmed like any other disease. It's not that special.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I think that the models are reasonably accurate.

3) There's a lot of fat that can be cut from the way we were doing business in general, both government and civilian. But live, in-person education isn't one of those things.

True story. I just responded to a survey at work that may have us in the office 1-2 days a week going forward. If we can work 100% remote now, do we really need to go back 100% in the future. This may have a permanent impact on how we do business, and where we do it.

exNavyOffRec

True story. I just responded to a survey at work that may have us in the office 1-2 days a week going forward. If we can work 100% remote now, do we really need to go back 100% in the future. This may have a permanent impact on how we do business, and where we do it.

I have done one of those surveys, it is interesting reading the survey I took and then hearing about some of the surveys friends have taken, as well as requirements of 100% work from home.

Some of the requirements friends and/or myself have seen, not all from one person BTW.
  • ability to have computer connected with ethernet to router.
  • desk
  • ability to lock up work laptop after working hours in safe or drawer.
  • dedicated room free from distractions (pets, kids)
  • ability to not be heard by others in the home due to confidentiality of work.

I know there are others, these just stuck in my head.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I work 100% remotely at the moment and have zero intention of going back any days a week once the office re-opens. If they try to make me, I’ll be job searching, or I’ll take a mob. I know that sounds weird, but I would rather mob to a warzone than play silly “hello teammate” musical chairs at an office an hour away that isn’t a SCIF and is actually counterproductive to me getting stuff done.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I have done one of those surveys, it is interesting reading the survey I took and then hearing about some of the surveys friends have taken, as well as requirements of 100% work from home.

Some of the requirements friends and/or myself have seen, not all from one person BTW.
  • ability to have computer connected with ethernet to router.
  • desk
  • ability to lock up work laptop after working hours in safe or drawer.
  • dedicated room free from distractions (pets, kids)
  • ability to not be heard by others in the home due to confidentiality of work.
I know there are others, these just stuck in my head.
How would a company disprove you, if you just lied and said you could support all those dumb stipulations of theirs?

I would love to see them try to enforce those rules in any meaningful way, e.g. adverse HR reactions. So if your dog wanders in the room on a video call the company revokes your telework agreement?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How would a company disprove you, if you just lied and said you could support all those dumb stipulations of theirs?

I would love to see them try to enforce those rules in any meaningful way, e.g. adverse HR reactions. So if your dog wanders in the room on a video call the company revokes your telework agreement?
My company may not be perfect, but when I hear about shenanigans like this, I remind myself that none of them ever will be and that "dumb" comes in many flavors.

exNavyOffRec

There are new hire requirements, some of the things the recruiters have had to gather are pictures of the "workspace" now if a person doesn't have a desk some have said the company will have one shipped in, picture of router location in relation to "workspace", picture of location where laptop would be locked up. The other one I forgot to mention is that the internet speed has to be above a specified minimum, to verify a copy of the internet bill or other document showing current internet speed.

Basically companies are wanting pics or copies of bills, I can understand some of these things such as internet speed, I mean if you have crappy internet how will you work from home.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are new hire requirements, some of the things the recruiters have had to gather are pictures of the "workspace" now if a person doesn't have a desk some have said the company will have one shipped in, picture of router location in relation to "workspace", picture of location where laptop would be locked up. The other one I forgot to mention is that the internet speed has to be above a specified minimum, to verify a copy of the internet bill or other document showing current internet speed.

Basically companies are wanting pics or copies of bills, I can understand some of these things such as internet speed, I mean if you have crappy internet how will you work from home.
I'm thankful I haven't had to deal with any of that bullshit. I mean, maybe if you're in legal or HR, there may be some law that your machine has to have restricted access, but that's pushing it. There are plenty of full-remote companies out there. GitLab comes to mind because they publish their company handbook for anyone to use.

Also, Comcast has since June offered businesses the opportunity to extend their paid dedicated business connections to their at-home workers. So it becomes a question of a company demanding to see my Internet bill, versus a company that is neutral and just says "get it done," to a company who would actively pay me to work remotely. Who would you want to be a recruiter for?