• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

exNavyOffRec

Buddy of mine from the gym with a similar story. He had a heart attack at 30. Bigger dude, always struggled with weight. Anyway, COVID lockdown made him reassess his program. He’s a train engineer and would eat quick garbage. So he lost 60 pounds since covid started. He says it wasn’t his workouts but his food. How did he do it? Tracking his food with MyFitnessPal.
It is interesting how bodies react depending on the person, my family rarely eats fast food, or garbage food, most everything is cooked fresh, we eat lots of chicken and fresh veggies. It has worked well for the kids as they are all in good shape and thin, for me I am about the same and few years ago my doc said I should lose about 15-20 lbs and I do believe it was MyFitnessPal she said to use to track my food intake, I was very careful to track and weigh everything I ate for 2 months, she wanted me to be under 2K cal a day and I averaged 1700 ish, I had no change in weight. I have found that for me it is exercise, if I work out 1 hour for 1-2 days a week I maintain, 2-3 days is slight loss, and anything over 3 I start dropping decent weight.

I still need to drop weight as this COVID has screwed up my workout routine, at least my BP and blood work is all textbook, in a way I envy those that can drop weight just by adjusting the type and amount of food they eat.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
For max calorie burn and exercise-based weight loss over the weeks and months with the least possible risk of injury, I don't think anything beats daily walks. The worst thing you can say about it is it's very time consuming. But an hour of that does as much as twenty minutes on the treadmill or pounding the pavement. When someone who hasn't been a regular runner, is carrying extra weight, is getting a little older, and they take up running, they all too often end up giving themselves an ortho injury. Very few amateur runners' bodies can stand jumping into a daily running program.

The other key to long term, healthy activity is a simple truth: a balanced exercise program (concepts like cross training and recovery days).

There's a trap that some former military people fall into when they get out, when their mil lifestyle included a lot of activity (for whatever reasons, personal, peers, or command influence) and a commensurate diet. When former doesn't follow you into civilian life but the latter does, that's the trap. Sometimes a similar effect happens after a PCS move.

The health and fitness industry can be kind of interesting. There is a lot of online clickbait and checkout line magazine articles proclaiming how to "blast fat" with this or that exercise or why you should be eating some "super food." That's not to say those tips aren't true, just that they article is usually exaggerating the benefits. They're usually worthwhile, positive changes but without putting in a lot of time then it's like putting nickels and dimes in a savings account.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
COVID debate aside, this arrest is worth noting. We tend to think all first world democratic countries are equal regarding the law and guarantees of freedom. While the above arrest may be one off or made in error, as happens here, it is true that even our closest allies do not always guarantee the same rights we have in our constitution. Inspite of what many of the loudest voices are saying now, this remains a remarkably free country. More so in most ways than any other in the world.

SlickAg

pilot
Also interesting if this holds out to be true. Essentially, the PCR test is WAY too sensitive. A conspiracy theorist might say that this was done intentionally to drive up the number of positive tests and then keep people scared and compliant, while ensuring hospitals got all the extra money for treating covid patients.

But this would explain increasing case counts and the “second wave” without the similar large increase in deaths and hospitalizations.

jackjack

COVID debate aside, this arrest is worth noting. We tend to think all first world democratic countries are equal regarding the law and guarantees of freedom. While the above arrest may be one off or made in error, as happens here, it is true that even our closest allies do not always guarantee the same rights we have in our constitution. Inspite of what many of the loudest voices are saying now, this remains a remarkably free country. More so in most ways than any other in the world.
In Australia, it is illegal to incite someone to commit a crime. At the moment in Victoria, you have to wear a mask and you can't be 5 km from home.

As to a freedom ranking. Australia is 4th and the US is 17th

SlickAg

pilot
In Australia, it is illegal to incite someone to commit a crime. At the moment in Victoria, you have to wear a mask and you can't be 5 km from home.

As to a freedom ranking. Australia is 4th and the US is 17th
So what exactly was her crime here, mate? Since she told everyone to wear a mask.

And I don’t care what the “rankings” are, in no way should you mistake your country for being “free”.

P.S. I know you can’t disagree with what happened, because if you said something “wrong” and the cops found your post they’d probably come and arrest you too.

jackjack

So what exactly was her crime here, mate? Since she told everyone to wear a mask.

And I don’t care what the “rankings” are, in no way should you mistake your country for being “free”.

P.S. I know you can’t disagree with what happened, because if you said something “wrong” and the cops found your post they’d probably come and arrest you too.

View attachment 27288

As above for regional stage 3. As opposed to stage 4 metro.
You can exercise or meet with one other person and family.

Organising a protest is more than one other person and so inciting the offence.

It's not my list of ranking freedom. You're welcome to Google your own. Afraid you're going to be disappointed though.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
He keeps saying this word “freedom”. I’m not sure he knows what it means...
Wait, when was the Australian war for independence again? This is nothing against Australia, I love them and the few days I spent in a port call there. But... While many of us in America may seem like we bitch for freedoms, I don't recall anyone being arrested for a facebook post about setting up a peaceful protest while following quarantine restrictions. Hell, in this country you can ask people to burn the city down, and they won't arrest you unless you actually do it.

jackjack

Is this the type of freedom you mean? There was a legal protest in Washington where our reporters were beaten by police. So the president could walk across the road to hold a Bible.

In Australia we tell the leader to get off our lawn.

I'm actually fine about having covid restrictions in place and Victoria bringing it under control. As well as having relatives in Victoria. There was covid leakage across my border of SA. We had to bring back some restrictions for a while.

Last edited:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK, let's throttle back the mud-slinging here. Personal insults are going to be deleted.