• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Is the Deep State somehow censoring this vital reporting from being translated into public health policy? If so, I'm concerned.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The problem with a lot of the media's technical reporting on medical studies these days is they often cherry pick ones that haven't been peer-reviewed yet. (There is good reason for the medical research community to freely publish draft reports of the latest stuff, but they're not doing it for the benefit of the talking heads or the 24 hour news cycle.)

It's a lot like when the media comes out with a technically intensive story about aviation- half the time what ends up on the front page is the media talking out their ass.

SlickAg

pilot
Is the Deep State somehow censoring this vital reporting from being translated into public health policy? If so, I'm concerned.
But you never answered my question about acceptable sources...did those meet your high standards of journalistic excellence?

SlickAg

pilot
The problem with a lot of the media's technical reporting on medical studies these days is they often cherry pick ones that haven't been peer-reviewed yet. (There is good reason for the medical research community to freely publish draft reports of the latest stuff, but they're not doing it for the benefit of the talking heads or the 24 hour news cycle.)

It's a lot like when the media comes out with a technically intensive story about aviation- half the time what ends up on the front page is the media talking out their ass.
You mean like the ground-breaking Lancet study that everyone used to justify the discontinued use of HCQ because it jived with their politics? The one that was retracted? Link to the retracted study below; screenshot at the bottom. For twitter users, Dr. James Todaro has been following this from day one.

SlickAg

pilot
Actually, I have confidence in our public health establishment. As long as they are allowed to to do their job.

I give 2 shits about what the Epoch Times reporting says about your HCQ jihad.
So the local Fox and NBC stations in Detroit don’t mean anything to you? (Just in case you were wondering, the Henry Ford Hospital is IN Detroit. That’s why they’re covering the story.)

Did you even take the time to actually READ any of the articles?

I’ll summarize: patients given HCQ had a 50% LESS mortality rate than those NOT given HCQ.

I don’t know why you’d call my interest in the truth and saving Americans lives a jihad...

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Finally someone said it. An important facet of science is repeatability. You can find a single study to claim almost anything.

On topnof that, every analysis right now is performed on incomplete data for a pandemic in its very early stages. There won't be meaningful consensus on this pandemic until about two years from now.

SlickAg

pilot
Finally someone said it. An important facet of science is repeatability. You can find a single study to claim almost anything.

On topnof that, every analysis right now is performed on incomplete data for a pandemic in its very early stages. There won't be meaningful consensus on this pandemic until about two years from now.
Right. But if a published, peer-reviewed clinical study shows that a drug regimen can reduce mortality rates by 50%, I think the medical community would be quite remiss for dismiss it offhand.

Interesting to see the likes on posts on here.

@Gonzo08 I look forward to hearing your rebuttal.

It seems a little hypocritical that I’m supposed to accept scientific studies that show that masks work yet you don’t need to accept scientific studies that show that HCQ was effective in treating covid.

Is that a fair assessment or did I miss something?

SlickAg

pilot
Good opinion article from the WSJ about the political double speak involved when allowing certain groups to assemble and protest while threatening other groups that want to gather for a funeral (actions that have not held up under judicial review).

taxi1

pilot
So in your opinion, what was the major reason that Hydroxychloroquine was so widely dismissed as a treatment option?

I’m not that well read on it. No political reason.

The paper being cited isn’t a randomized controlled study, it is a retrospective look at the treatment of a bunch of patients that doctors chose to try HCQ in. I noted nearly all of the patients were overweight.

They cite ongoing randomized studies that will be the gold standard.

The paper was released as a pre-print back in May, so the results in it aren’t a surprise. It certainly suggests the drug as a treatment path to try.

SlickAg

pilot
I’m not that well read on it. No political reason.

The paper being cited isn’t a randomized controlled study, it is a retrospective look at the treatment of a bunch of patients that doctors chose to try HCQ in. I noted nearly all of the patients were overweight.

They cite ongoing randomized studies that will be the gold standard.

The paper was released as a pre-print back in May, so the results in it aren’t a surprise. It certainly suggests the drug as a treatment path to try.
See I’m fascinated that if this was known back in May, how come these two articles from CNN that were published in June, (of which there are several more by the way), are so highly critical of HCQ treatment?

Also, for something that you say isn’t political, don’t you find it strange that the President’s name is mentioned in the second sentence of both articles and the title of one?

I mean it could be coincidence. But I’m also curious if I looked back on this thread from posts back when HCQ was the hot topic if I’d see the President’s endorsement of the drug at the front and center of any arguments.

I mean, I was called a jihadist by a Marine Corps officer and aviator for posting positive information about this drug from a just-released study that showed that HCQ saved lives. Clearly, people feel very passionately about this.

Last edited:

taxi1

pilot
See I’m fascinated that if this was known back in May, how come these two articles from CNN that were published in June, (of which there are several more by the way), are so highly critical of HCQ treatment?
These were actually randomized trials. The Detroit thing wasn’t. From an article you cited...

The trial enrolled more than 470 adults patients hospitalized with coronavirus, or in an emergency department with anticipated hospitalization. The study found that those patients who were randomly assigned to receive the hydroxychloroquine treatment didn't benefit from the drug, compared to those in the placebo group.

This is likely one of the studies that the Ford Health paper cited as ongoing.