• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot
These were actually randomized trials. The Detroit thing wasn’t. From an article you cited...

This is likely one of the studies that the Ford Health paper cited as ongoing.
Interesting.

I still find the reduced mortality rate to be statistically significant.

I believe it was the Henry Ford paper that mentioned that the greatest benefit was seen in very sick patients?

Regardless, I don’t take this as the burning bush, but it’s definitely better for everyone if there’s some sort of drug(s) out there to help treat this thing.

SlickAg

pilot
A commentary on the messaging from LA’s mayor.
For all of you people wondering why there’s people who don’t think masks matter, that is addressed as well.

You can’t tell people to stay at home, destroy their livelihood by closing down their restaurants and other businesses, and compel them to wear a mask in public only to lionize and glorify people out protesting.*

*bonus points if you were an active participant in the protests and then later issued the stay at home order due to the large increase in cases that was at least partially caused by said protests.

Last edited:

Hair Warrior

Contributor
So the local Fox and NBC stations in Detroit don’t mean anything to you? (Just in case you were wondering, the Henry Ford Hospital is IN Detroit. That’s why they’re covering the story.)

Did you even take the time to actually READ any of the articles?

I’ll summarize: patients given HCQ had a 50% LESS mortality rate than those NOT given HCQ.

I don’t know why you’d call my interest in the truth and saving Americans lives a jihad...

I did a double take bc that Henry Ford logo looked like a CIB.

SlickAg

pilot
Results from a CDC serology study done in south Florida in April.

This seems to jive with the Santa Clara study that was published in May. Sort of interesting to go back and read what we didn’t know back then. For example: “Because there is an annual vaccine, “not everyone is susceptible to the flu. Everyone is susceptible to COVID-19,” Noymer said. “These flu comparisons are missing the forest for the trees.””

Except now scientists believe around 80% of the population might be immune (the T-cell immunity). Also, everyone also said that the bounds of an IFR of 0.02-0.40% were WAY too low...

It’d be nice if the news channels could focus on things like this, and other recent developments that could in fact debunk earlier, incorrect theories about the virus.

And yes, I understand that the learning is nowhere near done, but it’d be nice to have some actual reporting about this.

SlickAg

pilot
Well I guess if the checks notes Epoch Times is reporting that Hydroxychloroquine is a legit treatment, then I'm sort of good with it. If you could back it up with some analysis from Clay Travis or a Joe Rogan podcast, I'd be sold.
Well I guess if the checks notes Cable News Network is reporting it, it must be legit. Or do you need to wait until Brian Stelter or Chris Cuomo chime in?

Edit: @Gonzo08 and @Pags mentioning y’all here since you liked his original post I quoted above.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Well I guess if the checks notes Cable News Network is reporting it, it must be legit. Or do you need to wait until Brian Stelter or Chris Cuomo chime in?

Edit: @Gonzo08 and @Pags mentioning y’all here since you liked his original post I quoted above.

Nah man, I'll wait until Don Lemon or Maddow chimes in.

Put a mask on, so we can get back to MAGA'ing again.

Awaiting your research from Scandinavia...

SlickAg

pilot
Nah man, I'll wait until Don Lemon or Maddow chimes in.

Put a mask on, so we can get back to MAGA'ing again.

Awaiting your research from Scandinavia...
Sorry, not from Scandinavia but it IS from the CDC...I know if you’re quoting the NIH then you must also believe what the CDC has to say.

“Although mechanistic studies support the potential effect of hand hygiene or face masks, evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures did not support a substantial effect on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.”

And before you say it allow me, BUT THIS ISN’T THE FLU!! Right, it just transmits the same way.

P.S. despite your best attempt at whataboutism (shout-out to @Gonzo08), like I said in an earlier post, I wear a mask when I’m required to do so. Now what I would like from you is an explanation of why, if masks are this super effective tool in combating this virus, we can’t just ALL agree to wear masks, and the government agrees to STOP shutting things down because if everyone is wearing a mask, there’s no longer any threat.

Last edited:

taxi1

pilot
I've seen studies that show that HCQ interacts adversely with Remdesivir, which is the drug of choice, and the CNN article you cite also cites commentary from other researchers noting the uncontrolled nature of the study, etc.

But if I worked at Henry Ford Medical, I'd for sure be using HCQ based on that experience (and I was out of the other drug).

We are doing some crazy fast learning on treatment protocols across the board. If we knew then what we know now, thousands fewer would have died in NY.

Guess what works better than all of them? Masks. They are cheap, and then you don't even get sick.

SlickAg

pilot
I've seen studies that show that HCQ interacts adversely with Remdesivir, which is the drug of choice, and the CNN article you cite also cites commentary from other researchers noting the uncontrolled nature of the study, etc.

But if I worked at Henry Ford Medical, I'd for sure be using HCQ based on that experience (and I was out of the other drug).

We are doing some crazy fast learning on treatment protocols across the board. If we knew then what we know now, thousands fewer would have died in NY.

Guess what works better than all of them? Masks. They are cheap, and then you don't even get sick.
That was a sarcastic response to him; I quoted him near-verbatim since he questioned the source when I first linked an article about the Henry Ford study.

Another thing that would have saved thousands of lives in NY (6,432 as of June 26) is if Governor Cuomo had not ORDERED nursing homes to accept covid positive patients. But oddly, that decision, which proved fatal to thousands and hospitalized several thousand more elderly people, isn’t really getting much airtime. Shoot, this NYT article about nursing home deaths doesn’t even MENTION Cuomo’s order. “Unbiased” media. Sure.

I’ve also read articles that seem to think that Gilead had a hand in ensuring that they won the race. And let’s be real, when your main competition (HCQ) is withdrawn after a BOGUS study comes out against it, makes it easier. Throw in the media frenzy that happened after the President touted HCQ and it’s a no-brainer why Remdesivir became the preferred pharmaceutical treatment.

And as far as masks go, I ask the same question to you. Since masks work so well, you agree that ALL other provisions and behavior that have been implemented can go away as long as everyone is wearing a mask? Schools, bars, stores, restaurants, and ALL businesses can reopen and go back to “normal”?

taxi1

pilot
I’ve also read articles that seem to think that Gilead had a hand in ensuring that they won the race...
In this day and age, anything that you "seem to think" or want to allude to, you can find an article supporting it.

Your doctor gets to choose the treatment, since both HCQ and Remdesivir are available. They'll use what they think works (along with antibody serums, etc.)
Since masks work so well, you agree that ALL other provisions and behavior that have been implemented can go away as long as everyone is wearing a mask?
That would be non sequitur.

SlickAg

pilot
In this day and age, anything that you "seem to think" or want to allude to, you can find an article supporting it.

Your doctor gets to choose the treatment, since both HCQ and Remdesivir are available. They'll use what they think works (along with antibody serums, etc.)

That would be non sequitur.
“Guess what works better than all of them? Masks. They are cheap, and then you don't even get sick.“

Hey man, you’re the one who said if you wear a mask then you don’t even get sick. My logical inference from that is if I wear a mask and can’t get sick, why can’t I do whatever it is that I want to do as long as everyone wears a mask?

That’s not a non-sequitur. Or do you need to modify your statement?

taxi1

pilot
“Guess what works better than all of them? Masks. They are cheap, and then you don't even get sick.“

Hey man, you’re the one who said if you wear a mask then you don’t even get sick. My logical inference from that is if I wear a mask and can’t get sick, why can’t I do whatever it is that I want to do as long as everyone wears a mask?

That’s not a non-sequitur. Or do you need to modify your statement?
Oh good lord. You win.

NC049C-US-Navy-Sea-Lawyer-A-NC-Site.jpg

Hair Warrior

Contributor
The better and cheaper method of avoiding coronavrius is to not come into physical contact with the virus, nor be in proximity of air contaminated by someone with the virus. A mask is no guaranteed method if you're sharing germs directly with a person who can transmit the virus.

Lots of medical staff in the hardest hit hospitals know people who still contracted the virus, despite using masks.

SlickAg

pilot
So China AND the WHO lied to the world? I am shocked, SHOCKED, to hear this!

(note: that was sarcasm)

“Contrary to claims from both Chinese officials and the World Health Organization, China did not report the existence of the coronavirus in late 2019, according to a WHO timeline tracking the spread of the virus. Rather, international health officials discovered the virus through information posted to a U.S. website.

The quiet admission from the international health organization, which posted an "updated" timeline to its website this week, flies in the face of claims from some of its top officials, including WHO director general Tedros Adhanom, who maintained for months that China had informed his organization about the emerging sickness.”

Another source:

Still haven’t found it on CNN.