• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did the old USA Thunderdome get moved to the private forum?
Yes, because it was getting embarrassing, and there was nothing to be gained from it being in public. This is a Naval Aviation forum, not /r/politics. We (mods and Web-san) decided people needed an outlet for arguing about that stuff, and the mods needed a dumping ground to split off other threads that had gone off the rails, but that we didn't need to have that dirty laundry hanging out in public.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Yes, because it was getting embarrassing, and there was nothing to be gained from it being in public. This is a Naval Aviation forum, not /r/politics. We (mods and Web-san) decided people needed an outlet for arguing about that stuff, and the mods needed a dumping ground to split off other threads that had gone off the rails, but that we didn't need to have that dirty laundry hanging out in public.
Agreed, thanks for the explanation. I was wondering what happened to it.

SlickAg

pilot
When did it get moved?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
One of the Willy Wonka images in those memes is reversed. He should be leaning on his right hand (0:13).

Jim123

pilot

Pags

N/A
pilot
I have a pet theory that the word "disk" with a letter k started from computer people who were bad spellers and the word "diskette" is post diction. The Unix command "sudo" is another one.

Zoom in on the first picture. The people at IBM knew how to spell disc back in the 1950s.

Wasn't picking on spelling (but I did think about it). instead I was making a joke about how most SW delivery is via downloads these days. I think only one of the computers I own has a CD drive because it's just that old. And I never use it the CD drive.

Jim123

pilot
Wasn't picking on spelling (but I did think about it). instead I was making a joke about how most SW delivery is via downloads these days. I think only one of the computers I own has a CD drive because it's just that old. And I never use it the CD drive.
But you #triggered my inner spelling elitist.

What about download/over the air and disc?

yhzH9.gif