• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19... "Am I shipping to OCS/ODS"?

atown22

I unfortunately don’t know any more right now, but my recruiter has been giving me weekly update calls so I’ll hopefully have some more info soon.
(Edit: I’m also a civilian, which may change things)
I am civilian as well. Please post if anything interesting comes up! I'll do the same.

exNavyOffRec

Ive seen copies of the emails that most AD are getting saying their class is cancelled. But it really just means their spot in the class was canceled, not the class itself. The class sizes have been reduced to roughly 50 people now so classes are being reshuffled almost daily. The next class to ship out, which im "currently" set to leave on may 9th to start may 10 quarantine, had the class roster zeroed out and refilled on monday of this week. Whether this is the final roster no one really knows, but a lot of the AD that are on the roster have gotten authorization emails today. Some of them previously got the cancellation email too.

Too bad they didn't cut classes down to 50% when they classes were running at 200 per class

nathhaw

Ive seen copies of the emails that most AD are getting saying their class is cancelled. But it really just means their spot in the class was canceled, not the class itself. The class sizes have been reduced to roughly 50 people now so classes are being reshuffled almost daily. The next class to ship out, which im "currently" set to leave on may 9th to start may 10 quarantine, had the class roster zeroed out and refilled on monday of this week. Whether this is the final roster no one really knows, but a lot of the AD that are on the roster have gotten authorization emails today. Some of them previously got the cancellation email too.

The original email said the May, June and July classes were being adjusted to meet the lowered number. The classes were not necessarily cancelled, but the original orders of particular service members in the email correspondence might be cancelled, as in do not necessarily go by what the (maybe still "on-paper") orders direct. Instead, go by what the emails direct. The follow-up email to that was one that was addressed to many people (who had been previously notified about a report date) who were seemingly being affected by the changes to the May, June and July classes. It had a list of a select that were directed to report 10 May from the pool of total email recipients. The rest of the email recipients who were not on the list in the email were told to stand by as the spots are reworked. No ETA on that, so I'm practicing tactical patience.

Last edited:
Have any civilians that had gotten their class date cancelled been informed by their recruiter of a new class date issued.Like most probably I am still waiting to hear.
I was originally scheduled for the 03 May class, but was informed by my OR that I had been cancelled from that class a week before leaving for the quarantine. Last Friday my OR informed me that I am now scheduled for the 14 June class, and should receive my orders next week.

Pilotboyg

I was originally scheduled for the 03 May class, but was informed by my OR that I had been cancelled from that class a week before leaving for the quarantine. Last Friday my OR informed me that I am now scheduled for the 14 June class, and should receive my orders next week.
Are you a civilian and SNA?

Catman5211

So this question has been answered for me. I will not be shipping out 26 JUL 20. I have been officially postponed indefinitely. Anyone else having any luck getting a new class date.