• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19... "Am I shipping to OCS/ODS"?

atown22

I'm in the same boat. I was selected on the October board and was just given "FY20" with a preference to ship out as soon as possible.

With us being on the two boards that selected for FY20 quotas, do you think they might have us "locked" in for this FY?
Hard to say. It seems like in general pilots are being pushed to next FY. My recruiter did say it is possible that a spot opens up in Aug/Sep and that I would get a very short notice before going. I'll post any updates though!

kevind91

Has anyone else received information from recruiters that candidates from some states that have been impacted heavily by covid, like NY and NJ, are on a kind of no ship list or zone ?

jleo_96

Finally got my date!! November 8!!! Anyone else in this class?
Congratulations! What is your designator and did you graduate college this year? I graduated this spring and am also an SNA, which seems to be the worst possible combination for leaving early.

Jbyrne89

Congratulations! What is your designator and did you graduate college this year? I graduated this spring and am also an SNA, which seems to be the worst possible combination for leaving early.

SWO from feb board. I though SNA/NFO were getting sent quickly?

jleo_96

SWO from feb board. I though SNA/NFO were getting sent quickly?
I think NFO is shipping faster than SNA, but everyone that is not a nuke/other high demand community seems to be waiting a while. A bunch of us that were selected in the 2019 boards that had to finish our degree all got "FY20" for our initial date, and to the best of my knowledge, none of us have actually received an actual date yet.

jbotelho677

First post ever on here. Current Active Duty Marine Corps CI/HUMINT selected for 1830 on the March board and still waiting for FINSEL. Weird part is if you take this route you have to submit a package through a CIV recruiter. It's all crazy because I submitted a transfer request hoping for a seamless transition while on AD. With the greatness of COVID happening, looks like I'll have a break in service waiting for an OCS date. Any Navy AD guys know about whether or not detailers will have the inside scoop on stuff?

I think NFO is shipping faster than SNA, but everyone that is not a nuke/other high demand community seems to be waiting a while. A bunch of us that were selected in the 2019 boards that had to finish our degree all got "FY20" for our initial date, and to the best of my knowledge, none of us have actually received an actual date yet.
I graduated this spring and got picked up as SNA for the January board. Currently, I'm hanging on to an AUG 16 slot and I am hoping and praying I don't get pushed back because what you said does seem to be the common theme.

JSaint23

I graduated this spring and got picked up as SNA for the January board. Currently, I'm hanging on to an AUG 16 slot and I am hoping and praying I don't get pushed back because what you said does seem to be the common theme.
Yea man, I just got picked up for SNFO last week. I’m 28 so I don’t know if that’ll speed up my shipment date or not, keeping my fingers crossed!

Yea man, I just got picked up for SNFO last week. I’m 28 so I don’t know if that’ll speed up my shipment date or not, keeping my fingers crossed!
Congrats man! We'll all eventually get to go I just really don't think anyone knows when. I am trying to make peace with not going in August and getting pushed because I know there's a solid chance that will happen.

JSaint23

Congrats man! We'll all eventually get to go I just really don't think anyone knows when. I am trying to make peace with not going in August and getting pushed because I know there's a solid chance that will happen.
Well bro if you want to go sooner and you think you’ll get pushed see if yo I could select NFO instead lol I heard there’s a need for NFO’s right now and that might guarantee you a sooner ship date