• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19... "Am I shipping to OCS/ODS"?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
That's interesting. Reducing shipping to 50% is still putting a lot of people through OCS but the fleet needs to be manned. I wonder how that will effect future classes and follow on schools.
Probably a lot the same as it did in the past when drawdowns cut too many people and production had to ramp back up. It gets a little disorganized and it makes a lot of big ripples and waves through all training, but at the end of the day it's more classes with more people in each one.

Catman5211

When are you supposed to ship to OCS?
26 July. Haven’t been told my orders were cancelled yet, but assuming they are holding out on moving everyone for as long as they can to avoid ordmoding everyone. I can see them doing this class by class and moving the half that got cut to later classes. But again I’m totally speculating here.

EM123

I was supposed to be starting my 2 week quarantine this Sunday and was part of the class that got cut. They didnt tell me when I would be going and to just stand by. From what my captain told me, they are taking people from places where COVID is less rampant and telling people in harder hit areas to wait.

Catman5211

I was supposed to be starting my 2 week quarantine this Sunday and was part of the class that got cut. They didnt tell me when I would be going and to just stand by. From what my captain told me, they are taking people from places where COVID is less rampant and telling people in harder hit areas to wait.
But still 50% manning for classes and they already had 7 classes full. That’s almost another year before anyone that’s already in the pipeline. Not including all the other quotas they need to fill to maintain the fleet need

exNavyOffRec

50% capacity but do not have any info for those that were removed from the class. Possibly a 6-8 month further wait to get in to a class. Standby to standby

OCS has the capability and capacity to adjust, they can easily go to 50% of what they are at, and increase the frequency of classes, the numbers they are running through are not nearly what they used to run through.

Catman5211

OCS has the capability and capacity to adjust, they can easily go to 50% of what they are at, and increase the frequency of classes, the numbers they are running through are not nearly what they used to run through.
I believe you that they do have that capability to do so. Just from the info coming out is that they are not increasing class frequency at this time. Just wanting to keep people informed and to keep expectations

JSaint23

I just got offered the exact same deal a few minutes ago although I am in the April 12 class. Also I am from California.
Evening brother, was wondering if you could fill me in on some info for instance, how long was the time period between your package being submitted and you getting word back about your acceptance and shipping date? Thanks man!
Jairmiya