• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Conscientious objector pilot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't find swearing to be all that bad depending on what's said and the company that its in. As this is a group of people in the armed forces, I would expect swearing to be pretty commonplace. If I offend you by my language, I apologize.

No fucking problem, goddamn apology accepted.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
So, hurricanes are fascinating to you, until they start 'tearing shit up,' and then they're boring?

I think what he's trying to say is that it's easier to look at a hurricane in an abstract sense and say "cool! if you model that hurricane as a free vortex, there are 7 trillion joules stored in it!" when it's out to sea. Once it's bearing down on a hapless city on the Yucatan peninsula, the fact that it's about to kill some people kind of washes out the coolness.

For instance, Katrina/Rita had a pressure altitude in the eye equivalent to around 3000 feet. That's kind of cool. But then they destroyed a lot of property, lives, and land. Not cool.

For those of you who think Katrina served a noble purpose by wiping N.O. off the map... I have nothing for you.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Oh the thread that keeps on giving...
party0051.gif

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I for one resent the stereotype that members of the armed forces curse.

I mean...we do...but you don't gotta put it like that...

BTW, I wouldn't look for a job flying with the Steve Irwin, the last episode I saw the fat captain-guy tried to shoot parachute flares at the Japanese boats (Not sure why...) and he almost hit their own helicopter.

I thought the last episode steve got stabbed in the heart by a stingray?

Just sayin....

murryton

pilot
"If you want to fly, and have a strong religious faith, this would seem to be a pretty good fit. Of course you would still need to figure out a way to get your civilian certifications, but in the end you would probably not have to worry about killing anyone."

Wasn't the Jonestown massacre end with an assault on the Congressman's plane? Just a thought.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm still a little confused about the part where you consider yourself a Conscientious Objector but still want to join the military. The relevant MILPERSMAN aritcle defines a C.O. as "their religious training and belief have a firm, fixed, and sincere objection of their participation in war in any form, or the bearing of arms." If that's you...why are you even talking about joining the military? That's what we do, guy - bear arms and hurt people when the President deems it necessary. It's like asking if you can be a firefighter without actually having to fight fires.

Anyway, this has all been entertaining, but I think we've answered your question. You cannot join the military as a regular line officer and stipulate that you be restricted to non-combatant duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.