• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

commissioning physical?

boobcheese

Mea Culpa

I would like to apologize to Steve and all others who have read this thread. No excuses, I was wrong in that I showed blatant disrespect to a senior officer and I will self moderate in the future.

Respectfully,
boobcheese

SlickAg

pilot
And I will also recant about seniors selected for 1160 not needing a physical. The only reason I said that initially was because none of the seniors that commissioned did a commissioning physical, and as I think about it I don't know why that happened. After reading a few documents, I have to admit that I was wrong, and, in fact those seniors going SWO do indeed need a physical to determine whether one is in fact physically qualified to go URL.

All of my friends who went SWO had to have a new HIV test, and a dental exam done by a civilian doc to update their already exisiting physical, and I think that's it. Their initial DODMERB physical counted, since it is the same physical that is administered to those seeking an OCS/OIS billet.

chenama

You have to take a commissioning physical within 2 years before you commission, so yes, you will have to do it again. The physicals are different depending on what area you are going into (ie. SWO vs Aviation vs EOD...etc). If for some odd reason you fail this physical, you are not forced to enlist. You would be medically discharged from the progam all together. Dont worry though! If you past the first physical, you should definitely pass the SWO commissioning physical...the others a bit harder.

I failed the one coming in due to eyesight not correctable...but it was.

what if the same thing comes up? what if i fail but im correctable? shouldn't i let them know in advance?