• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

commissioning physical?

chenama

I took the pre-NROTC one to get you in the program.

Do you have to take another one 2 years later? What is it comprised of? If you fail it, do you get kicked out and do enlisted duty?

navychick

You have to take a commissioning physical within 2 years before you commission, so yes, you will have to do it again. The physicals are different depending on what area you are going into (ie. SWO vs Aviation vs EOD...etc). If for some odd reason you fail this physical, you are not forced to enlist. You would be medically discharged from the progam all together. Dont worry though! If you past the first physical, you should definitely pass the SWO commissioning physical...the others a bit harder.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dont worry though! If you past the first physical, you should definitely pass the SWO commissioning physical...the others a bit harder.
So what's the difference b/t a SWO commissioning physical and a flight/EOD physical?

nrotcbruin

SWOs are not mandated to get a commissioning physical. You need to get a physical if you want to go to flight school, nuke, EOD or SEALs.

boobcheese

I'm a former sub ELT. I personally have no desire to go back to the nuke field but knew several sub officers who enjoyed their job and intended to make a career out of it. When I went to Op Water Chem school with about a dozen SWO nukes who were qualifying as engineer they all, without exeption, expressed their dislike for their job and their desire to get out at the end of their initial obligation. Maybe this isn't indicitive of the community as a whole but it was my only experience with officers from that community and it made an impression on me. Too each his/her own though.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm a former sub ELT. I personally have no desire to go back to the nuke field but knew several sub officers who enjoyed their job and intended to make a career out of it. When I went to Op Water Chem school with about a dozen SWO nukes who were qualifying as engineer they all, without exeption, expressed their dislike for their job and their desire to get out at the end of their initial obligation. Maybe this isn't indicitive of the community as a whole but it was my only experience with officers from that community and it made an impression on me. Too each his/her own though.
I can probably say the same about enlisted nukes....so what's your point and what the hell does it have to do with the commissioning physical?

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You asked me why I said 'you'd be better off failing the physical' so I answered you. Lighten up.
So wait. You're telling me that I am better off failing the physical based on your experience with a dozen or so SWO nukes who you barely knew?

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No I'm telling you I was merely making a joke based on some anecdotal evidence.

boobcheese said:
You asked me why I said 'you'd be better off failing the physical' so I answered you.
So are you answering my question or are you just joking around. Come on now. This isn't the Democratic National Convention. You can't have it both ways.

boobcheese

So are you answering my question or are you just joking around. Come on now. This isn't the Democratic National Convention. You can't have it both ways.

I was making a joke that was partially grounded in truth (as most jokes are). Who pissed in your cherrios today anyway. Over and out.