• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Colombian Prostitutes - Good Times or Career Enders?

CAMike

None
Contributor
PulpMarselluButch.jpg

You know, that black guy... from the movies.

I've underestimated Brett327. Most people assume the name is spelled with a traditional "C" and not an "S". Brett either read the script or watched the credits. Nice attention to detail.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got the Pulp Fiction reference, just not how it related to CinC... Neither of them look like a bitch?
They're both black, get it? And who says the blacks and the latinos aren't getting along these days, eh Mike? :D

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
I wouldn't be so quick to trust the honesty of a woman who may be forced to have sex with dozens of men a night, or face brutal punishment. Do you really think she's going to say anything other than "I lurve my job and it pays so well and I totally here by choice"? You are going to get that answer from the ones for whom it is true, but you are also going to get it from the ones who know that to say otherwise could make their miserable lives even more miserable. So having been told that during your pre-sex welfare check of the local talent is really meaningless, and it certainly doesn't mean that trafficking isn't a huge issue, even if you did happen to meet some Truly Happy Hookers. The plural of anecdote is not data. If it were, then I'd suggest you hit up a women's shelter and talk to those women who are no longer under the influence of pimps and slavers, and see if they tell you how great the Life was for them, and also ask them whether they ever told anyone how awesome whoring was.

And,I don't think that having done something prevents you from ever being able to take a stand against it. Did you drink in high school? Are you still going to tell your kids they shouldn't do so? Does someone who smoked pot once in his life suddenly have no room to tell someone that drugs are bad?

My dad has hilarious stories about Air Force parties, including one where a party guest was stopped by the MPs for driving drunk on base. His car was on the sidewalk and he was driving in reverse, on his way to drop of the babysitter. Drunk driving wasn't a big deal then. Everyone laughed, including the MPs, and they gave the babysitter and the drunk guy a ride home. It is a big deal now, and he understands that and no longer drinks and drives. Does it make him a hypocrite, or just someone who learned something and changed accordingly? As a kid, I often didn't wear a seatbelt. There were no laws and it wasn't really an issue people paid attention to. Now, I get that that was not so smart, and I'd insist my imaginary kids wear their damn seat belts every time they rode in a car. Not hypocrisy; learning.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
You're not thinking high enough. The people deciding that DADT was going away are (in my judgement) the same people who have decided that trafficking in people (which in their definition includes prostitution) is the cause du jour, are the same people who want women on subs, are the same people who want commissioning ceremonies to look like Benetton ads, are the same people who.... you get it. This isn't driven by anyone with an "O" in front of a number. Think SECNAV - think CinC - that level. Which is why the application of the "puritannical" label is funny to me. It might be the only time those individuals have been labeled such on this website.

I don't think you're thinking high enough. I'll give you a hint, it starts with C and ends in -ivilian. At least in the case of DADT, but there's other policies that are driven by what the public wants, not from something internal. Despite what it seems like, our leaders still have to answer to the public and in turn we answer to our leaders.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
This isn't driven by anyone with an "O" in front of a number. Think SECNAV - think CinC - that level.

Elected and politically appointed, no?

I'll give you a hint, it starts with C and ends in -ivilian. At least in the case of DADT, but there's other policies that are driven by what the public wants, not from something internal. Despite what it seems like, our leaders still have to answer to the public and in turn we answer to our leaders.

We're saying the same thing - almost. The public doesn't know what it wants until it sees it on a campaign poster and then its a roll of the dice whether they care about the issue or just blindly cheer on the talking head, er, candidate... Thankfully we have CNN and FOX News to set the records straight with honest reporting :rolleyes:

MasterBates

Was in Amsterdam last night. Yep. Loads of human trafficking. I'm such a bad human for even seeing the district and not partaking.

You puritans may get out your pitchforks and torches now.

Back to Dubai....

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I wish I could take credit for it, but it's from the Scopes trail.

I used it in a paper last year and never found a 100% solid attribution (the references to Darrow were all second-hand to the Library of Congress). I've also seen it without the "not". Good either way.

MasterBates

As an added note, the KLM Crew Hotel in Amsterdam might as well be a house of Navy Contrary Morels.

Eye candy out the wazoo here.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot