• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Civilians and flight jackets.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Get over it....there a few worse offenses IMHO. Here's one that chaps my a$$:

1. Intel Officer (w/o wings) wearing a LEATHER FLIGHT jacket in uniform.

-ea6bflyr ;)

I guess it's ok for ex-pilot JAG officers to wear it then? :D

jag.jpg

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had my flight jacket in San Diego! PM sent!

What are the chances...I had mine in San Diego as well.

I forgot to mention that I drew shore duty in Iceland.

Bevo...it's Iceland...who cares, they're drunk all the time there as it stands.

Huggy Bear

pilot
Yeah, and the next time I see some clown around town with a Raiders hat or Jersey on I am going up to them and tell them that they are not really on the team and should not be wearing that.

Me,personally, I never wear anything with which I do not have a personal affiliation.

I won't even buy clothing with lame ass logos. Won't ever see me in a "no fear" shirt or such.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Reminds me of those losers who go to airshows and wear the jackets with all the patches. They usually have a big camera around their neck, way out of shape, in desperate need of va....a and ask way stupid questions.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....What's your take? Should I tell the guy that his playing "dress up" is out of line, or just let it go.
This was also Skeeterman's M.O. as well, but of course, we all now know how he felt the need to take on another's persona and broadcast tall tales in addition to just the EBay collecting interest.

But if your guy is not "pretending" to be someone he's not -- nor "telling tales" ... I'd probably just let it go and feel sorry for him. Collecting is one thing, wearing is another -- when it's not his own. I wouldn't do it. He has no life to "relive" ... just the warm glow of other, better men to bask in ... kind of sad when you get right down to it.

Like I said, personally -- I wouldn't "wear" it if I hadn't earned it -- example: I didn't even buy an EOD ballcap at an airshow a few years back. The guys looked at me kinda strange when I declined -- I said "I haven't earned it, and I'm certain you wouldn't wear Naval Aviator Wings, either -- unless you'd earned them." :)

I threw $5 into the kitty and walked away ... they still thought me "strange" but that's their problem.

B

Blutonski816

Moving back to something related to the originally posted topic....

well, in this case more of a 'related' tangent... but I heard a guy got Canned for selling TOPGUN patches to civs some years back...
Is there truth to this rumor??

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
Reminds me of this time I was on PTAD doing recruiting at a university. I set up the display next to the hot Air Force chicks and started talking to people. I set out my Mameluke sword and my dress blue cover with my white gloves....cuz it looks pimp. Anyways....this foriegn exchange type student walks over to me and was like..."Oh how cool...can I try on your cover and see your sword?....and I was in a good mood so I let him check out my stuff..

And then that frickin idiot unsheaths the Mameluke...and when he puts it back in the scabbord it wasn't quite in straight....and he grinded the blade all the way down as he put it back.....

I wanted to rip his fucking throat out. End rant.

Bevo16

pilot
If any A-4 driver from VA-164 off the Oriskany "lost" their jacket, I know where it is.