• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chafing while runnning.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
RUN FASTER!!!

A4s, is that some form of bidet that my uncultured keester has not experienced?

Babes (Bates) in the woods....ur....bathroom.

drinking.jpg

badger16

None
Vaseline works wonders but instead of monkey butt you will constantly feel like you have it stuck in all the cracks of your body. The body glide works well too. Pretty much the same Idea. As far as fixing the existing problem I'd go with gold bond. It works and it also give you that wonderful tingly feeling when you apply it:D

xmid

pilot
Contributor
RUN FASTER!!!

The reason I'm starting 300ish has nothing to do with how fast I am, its just where they put me. I have no idea how they figured it out. But if you see any of it on TV and there is a white kid that sprints out in front of the Kenyans for 100 yards and then dies of a heart attack, that will be me. Anything for TV time... lol

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What start corral are you in? Did you tell them you were going to finish in 2:20 or something? That's how they usually determine your number and position for start.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I'm in the first wave. My dad signed me up... No wonder he was laughing...

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have a good run. Make sure you hydate and eat something during the run.

badger16

None
I always use GU when I run marathons. Vanilla is the only one I would recommend, the others taste like a$$. Good luck. Remember first half is run with yoru head second half is run with your heart. Don't blow out of the gates or you will be dead by 16-17. I'd take it a bit slow the first half and then speed up towards the end. OH and it wouldn't hurt to walk through the water stops. that 5-8seconds is a good change of pace and you won't choke or spill water all over yourself. GOOD LUCK!

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
I've never had a serious issue with chafing but it has happened to me on occassion when running. I purchased a pair of underarmour compression shorts and I haven't had any issue since. They actually make my runs a little more enjoyable, no more irritation.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I appreciate it man. I've run a few before and I definitely know what you mean by first half verse the second half. First one I did I hit the half well under 2 hours and had a complete lock up around mile 18 or so. I'm dreading the heat and walking to class monday more than anything. I'll be running with my cammelback, endurolytes for electrolyte loss, and Hammergel in two small squeeze bottles. I think the rassberry goes down well without requiring a ton of water to get rid of the crap in your mouth. I think my dad will be running with vanilla GU. I hope there will beer at the finish line!

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Shameless threadjack/

I made the switch from Gu to Crank. More calories, no caffeine, and electrolytes in the gel. Also cheaper than Gu.
end threadjack/