• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CAPT Scott Speicher - KIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
yeah I had heard that they thought that he was shot down by a patriot.

I hadnt heard that they found him KIA.

Thanks for the info.

doubleeagle

I am curious if anyone has heard any new updates on Speicher since the Discovery chanel special was aired. Speaking of which, when is the next airing. Blakeness; you sound like you know what you are talking about on this subject and still you are backing Clinton every chance you get. I'm not here to say that all blame rests with him, there were other people involved with this whole fiasco. But, I do think from all I have read that he was very detremental to the recovery of our brave pilot that has been going through a living hell (or did until his death if that has occurred; let's pray that isn't the case). All we can do now is hope that our SEALs, Rangers, Delta Force, and Marine Recon boys (and any other I might have left out) can find him and get him back to the US as safe as possible. Then we turn him loose with his own F/A-18 or whatever else he wants and all the fuel he can burn.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Originally posted by doubleeagle
I am curious if anyone has heard any new updates on Speicher since the Discovery chanel special was aired. Speaking of which, when is the next airing. Blakeness; you sound like you know what you are talking about on this subject and still you are backing Clinton every chance you get. I'm not here to say that all blame rests with him, there were other people involved with this whole fiasco. But, I do think from all I have read that he was very detremental to the recovery of our brave pilot that has been going through a living hell (or did until his death if that has occurred; let's pray that isn't the case). All we can do now is hope that our SEALs, Rangers, Delta Force, and Marine Recon boys (and any other I might have left out) can find him and get him back to the US as safe as possible. Then we turn him loose with his own F/A-18 or whatever else he wants and all the fuel he can burn.

hey.
The next airing is on May 6th at 8:00 PM EST. Their was an update just yesterday about Speicher. Supposedly one of the Iraqi ministers (prime, info,...i cant remember, i was half asleep) is saying that Speicher died in the crash and was never a POW. Well we all know that is garbage, but the good news is that it seems like we bring his name up to every guy we interrogate, which is good.

On too Clinton. The only reason why it seems like im defending the guy is that it really seems to me that people are quick to blame him when it happened during his term. I havnt found evidence that it was directly his fault for things getting more screwed up then they already were.

Did you know that Bush didnt make the call for PFC Lynch's rescue? Rumsfeld apparently told him that they were planning a rescue attempt, but it wasnt like it was Bush's call.

I just think that if you want to bury Clinton, their are FAR better things to bury him for.

Too be perfectly honest with you though, I dont see the point in even blaming anyone anymore. Its not gonna get Scott home any quicker, so whats the point? I say lets stop pointing the finger and work on bringing him home. you know the 17th of every month is Scott Speicher Day. Its where everyone dedicated to the cause devotes the day to calling, writing and emailing the whitehouse and Congress about getting Scott home.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From the website:

Scott Speicher on Discovery Channel

Article Posted 4/24/2003
Want to hear Scott's story told by the pilots who flew with him? The Discovery Channel will air a documentary about Scott Speicher on May 6, 2003, at 8:00 p.m. EST. Be sure to tune in. The show will also air several more times throughout the month of May.

ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

ghost_ttu

that link did not work, can you repost?

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
woops!!

sorry about that. I guess thats what happens when you dont preview your posts.

It should work now

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Today is Scott Speicher's birthday. He is 46. Do him a favor and think about him a little bit today. Perhaps talk about him with friends and loved ones..and if your the type that prays...please pray for him. Do anything to keep the awareness level of him high. because there are still people who know nothing about one of our forgotten heroes.

Crowbar

None
If I'm not mistaken, LCdr Speicher was part of a Tomcat crew and he has been missing since the first Gulf War. Seems like for a while, some were saying that he was still alive and being held prisoner in Iraq. Anybody else?

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hornet, not Tomcats. The former commodore in Kingsville when I was there was his roommate on the ship.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
right. The former Commodore of Kingsville is Cmdr Tony "Bano" Albano. He is also a member of Scott's awareness community.

If you do a search there are several topics on him here,

and you can check out this website Http://www.freescottspeicher.com

...so about the AWARD???

Gunslinger105

Gunslinger 105
Hi gang,

I just came across this forum and thread while searching for Speicher info. I'm part of the "freescottspeicher.com" organization, and served with him in the 1980s. I wanted to thank you all for supporting him, and keeping the issue open and alive.

The group is tirelessly dedicated to resolving Scott's plight and getting him back home where he belongs. Man, he's been gone WAY too long, and it's a national shame at many levels. I'm totally in agreement with one of the earlier comments that "it doesn't matter who is to blame - it won't bring Spike back any sooner."

Keep thinking of him and praying, wearing the POW bracelets - it makes a difference. With the upcoming transfer of powers in Iraq, we are hoping to make requests to their "new" government to help us bring him home.

I won't be ignorant enough to think that the many angry and anti-US Iraqis there will simply hand him over, but we are going to do all we can to try all we can and see.

Through your questions over these years, and the efforts of some key elected officials (and my good friends who started the freescottspeicher group) alot of positive things have come out of Scott's plight. The largest yet remaining, is of course his homecoming. We can't allow this issue to simply buffet and stall, falling out of the sky like Spikes Hornet did over 13 years ago.

Thank you again for keeping the candles burning. Keep questioning people and make the government earn their pay. As a former airdale and a proud veteran, I can't underscore enough the need to remind our government (at whatever level) that they have a part of the bargain to uphold.

Thanks gang. Keep up the good work. Fly Navy!

Status
Not open for further replies.