• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can you shave your head at OCS?

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
Ha! That's not at all what I meant. I was just trying to illustrate that I don't mind a physical beat down is all.

Tomodachi

pilot
Ha! That's not at all what I meant. I was just trying to illustrate that I don't mind a physical beat down is all.

You would motivate me if you thanked the DI after a beat down. Talk about some brass balls haha. I was in BUD/s in 2008 and never saw such a feat. I smiled at a old crusty Master Chief SEAL and but I regretted it after some painful special attention in the goon squad.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
It would be kind of funny. Up until somewhat recently I thought they beat you pretty good but they barely run and all. I thought we would be doing 6+ miles and a bunch of body resistance type stuff. 2 miles for the first few weeks and 3-4 after that is nothing. Oh well...... I'll probably leave in worse shape like I did when I went to boot.

Tomodachi

pilot
I don't know it could change when we get there. It will be summertime so at least we should be able to run outside and not do 100 laps around an indoor track or whatever.

I shave my head now every day as well so if we end up same class I'll bic it with you to spread the attention if they question it.

MasterBates

Oh my fucking god.. Just deal with having a gooney haircut like the rest of your class!!

Some will be balding, some will look like they need another haircut in two days, it's just how it fucking is.

Just grow your hair to a mil legal, but not "hardcore" haircut, and get the fucking haircut with the rest of your class.

It is NOT rocket surgery.

Be a special snowflake at your own risk.

Life is hard. Life is harder if you are stupid.

croakerfish

pilot
It would be kind of funny. Up until somewhat recently I thought they beat you pretty good but they barely run and all. I thought we would be doing 6+ miles and a bunch of body resistance type stuff. 2 miles for the first few weeks and 3-4 after that is nothing. Oh well...... I'll probably leave in worse shape like I did when I went to boot.

I think you are going to find your first meeting with the staff at OCS fairly interesting.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
I've heard that from priors as well. I was talking about the PT portion not being as intense as I had imagined (based on what people have told me recently). Boot was so easy it was a joke and I know OCS is going to be much harder.

BackOrdered

Contributor
I've heard that from priors as well. I was talking about the PT portion not being as intense as I had imagined (based on what people have told me recently). Boot was so easy it was a joke and I know OCS is going to be much harder.

The beatings are nothing. It's the threat of the "special attention" that is the issue. Yeah you survive the beating, but if you aren't careful the question of why does Gunny, the class team and in some cases other class teams keep actively seeking your ass or why does it seem like you mystically can't pass ANYTHING outside of academics comes into play. Then you take a good look around to the class you roll to and the BUPERS numbers game becomes apparent :D

Trust me, stay low, get your first salute and get the hell out of Dodge. It's all a mind game.

Be a special snowflake at your own risk.

My God, what have I started....

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
Special attention broke a few people in my classes. Sometimes it's just wrong-place, wrong-time. Sometimes they've got the laser pointed right at you. Then take a good hard look at yourself, because life is going to suck until you fix it. Once on the radar, always on the radar.

Please don't be different at OCS. Just don't. You don't want to be noticed. I helped indoc a class that had a guy come in with dreads. He got lots of very unwanted love that day, and every day to follow for a few weeks.

BackOrdered

Contributor
I've seen a 14 year prior put to tears in "DI country" (it was brutal). Special attention can be a major wake up call.

BUDU

There was a guy originally in my class who got an insane amount of special attention. It got to the point where every time he rolled into H (which he did more than a few times) every DI was saying, "If he rolls into my next class, he's going right back into H." When I left he hadn't made it past week 4.

yakboyslim

None
There was a guy originally in my class who got an insane amount of special attention. It got to the point where every time he rolled into H (which he did more than a few times) every DI was saying, "If he rolls into my next class, he's going right back into H." When I left he hadn't made it past week 4.

IIRC about when you went to OCS I might know who you are talking about, and his special attention may have caused me another 3 weeks there with him. (Hatch mates for RLP)

The beatings at OCS can be pretty bad, but for the most part the PT isn't deadly. Like others are saying special attention can cost you extra weeks there, and even if you don't mind the extra time that much (because you can handle the beatings) you probably would prefer to leave Newport. Just go in, eat by the numbers, salute your squirrels and get out.

As someone that was always on the radar I can tell you it sucks.