• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can an Apache fly inverted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now that's funny...

ET-Mike said:
My uncle knows a guy that lived in a town one away from mine and he ate some pop rocks and drank a six pack of cola and his stomach blew up when he was flying inverted in an Apache, so it has to be true.

The funniest truthism I've heard in a long time.

I'll buy that for a buck...

cricechex

broadsword,

www.grouchymedia.com

It has a clip called, "hello thunder". At the end of the clip you will see an Apache performing a barrel role. Also, there are many other vids on the site to interest everyone.

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
Ok now back to the topic of BroadSword and the dumb questions let me shed some light on this. It seems like BroadSword is a young guy who is aspiring to be a Naval Aviator when he grows up which is why he is asking the dumb questions. The Kid doesn't know much about flying or the military or even the world in general. I am sure when you were all kids you looked up to someone who you wanted to be like. Well that is how BroadSword feels about you guys. You are his heroes, the ones that he wants to be like when he gets older. He gets excited about being able to talk to you and interact with you, he feels good that you actually answer his questions and acknowlege his existence, therefore he asks any question he has in the hopes that he can talk and interact with his heroes even more. I know this sounds kind of dumb but I am sure when you were kids you would have asked the person that you admired and looked up to all manner of dumb questions just because you loved talking to them. The poor kid just looks up to you and admires you, you guys are everything that he wants to be. Cut the kid some slack, let him know nicely that some of his questions are dumb and that you will be happy to interact and talk with him as long as he tries to keep it relevant.

Ok sorry for the long post but that is how I see it, he just wants to part of the group.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Please...let's not get carried away here with that kind of sentiment. Picking on the youngsters is part of the Naval Aviation tradition - it thickens the skin - a quality that will serve them well in the fleet.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
RevnR6 said:
Ok sorry for the long post but that is how I see it, he just wants to part of the group.
I dunno ... the above quote must be a joke ... most military minds don't work like the mind that typed that ... unless they are describing a tender-moment of self-reflection. Or they are not in the military. Or they ARE, in fact, a post ... or maybe I am just becoming more of a crumudgeonly old dinosaur every day ??

From what I have observed, Broadsword can take care of himself. Or, if not, he can just go wet the bed ... (just kidding, tender-moment PC'ers :) )

updatba.gif
ROGER BALL !!

YourGirlsNext

SNA/T45A Kingsville
Bring back the caste system of India.

I have read many of the posts on this so called Naval Aviation website and it seems to me that The wanna bees, NROTC clowns, BDCPers, API and stash Enswines talk the most **** to each other. Meanwhile, not one of them has flown a graded event. Everyone talks like they are an expert on flying and yet none of them have a clue. Most of them have a fighter jet icon on thier profile. Anyone find that funny? Know your place and act accordingly.
Do not criticize another guy for asking a question when you are no more a real pilot than Snoopy.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Just because I have a figher jet avatar doesn't mean I claim to know anything special about Naval Aviation. I just think its a cool picture, and I enjoy discussing it. Hell, as it stands right now, i'm slotted for supply after OCS. After all, lets be realistic here, no one wants to look at an avatar of a guy handing out cartons of eggs.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Godspeed said:
Just because I have a figher jet avatar doesn't mean I claim to know anything special about Naval Aviation. I just think its a cool picture, and I enjoy discussing it. Hell, as it stands right now, i'm slotted for supply after OCS. After all, lets be realistic here, no one wants to look at an avatar of a guy handing out cartons of eggs.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Godspeed, don't you find that statement funny coming from a guy with the name "YourGirlsNext"???

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Balance51 said:
download the video..at the end of the video it has a helo doings an aileron roll(but it obviously doesnt have ailerons)...and then it goes straight up and then falls down..its pretty sweet to watch
Finally someone gets it right. There seems to be alot of confusion on this site ( I blame the previously mentioned wannabes) about rolling maneuvers. The oft quoted "barrel roll" is not the same as an "aileron roll." Please make a note of it.

Keeping it real,

Brett

rare21

pilot
Contributor
YourGirlsNext said:
I have read many of the posts on this so called Naval Aviation website and it seems to me that The wanna bees, NROTC clowns, BDCPers, API and stash Enswines talk the most **** to each other. Meanwhile, not one of them has flown a graded event. Everyone talks like they are an expert on flying and yet none of them have a clue. Most of them have a fighter jet icon on thier profile. Anyone find that funny? Know your place and act accordingly.
Do not criticize another guy for asking a question when you are no more a real pilot than Snoopy.

yeah and you've contributed SO MUCH to this forum.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
YourGirlsNext said:

Vette, yes I do. I suppose "YourGirlsNext" thinks he's the king daddy of aviation.

Yeah your right bud, everyone in here that isn't a T-45 pilot doesn't know what they are talking about. The aforementioned post, as well as your name, indicates that you think quite highly of yourself. I am proud of you. Now pull your head out of your a$$ and wake the hell up. There are COUNTLESS individuals on this forum, several of which have posted in this thread and you were so quick to criticize, that likely have twice the flight hours that you do, be it in a civillian or military aircraft.

As far as knowledge about flying? As only a junior in the Aeronautical Engineering program at my university, I could probably write a book on all the information you DON'T know about the aircraft you are flying.

Those that have avatars displaying a fighter aren't pretending to be naval aviators, or anything else for that matter. It's a damn picture. Get over it.

As far as the "NROTC clowns, BDCPers, API and stash Enswines?" Your a$$ was once part of one of these groups you so fondly speak of. As a t-45 pilot posting in a thread about apaches, you sure as hell can't be any more knowledgable than anyone else here. Someone once said, "Know your place and act accordingly."

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
YourGirlsNext said:

Wow, you actually fly a T-45A jet plane!! :eek: You are the coolest guy ever! All these other posers on this site have nothing on you dude. I can't wait to here all about those FAM and form flights you have done. Can I have your autograph?

Status
Not open for further replies.