• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Brownshoes banned from A-pool inspections!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
C420sailor said:
Yeah, I had to dig out my black corframs and buy black socks. I'm pissed.

Why would you have to do that? Brown shoes are OPTIONAL footwear. They cannot FORCE you to wear black. Oh, my....are they punishing all?

-ea6bflyr ;)

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Why would you have to do that? Brown shoes are OPTIONAL footwear. They cannot FORCE you to wear black. Oh, my....are they punishing all?

-ea6bflyr ;)

Sir, yes they can. Today we were given, "Were you issued brown shoes in your sea bag? Then inspection will be in your black shoes."

*Facepalm* :(

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Sounds like a great opportunity to wear a khaki combo cover... or did they ban that too?

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
ha, I am so glad I am starting BOLTC Monday and then IFS hopefully the week after

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Damn. It's always the ONE person that ruins it for the rest. At least you can go to the O'Club in your Brown Shoes and we enjoy a tasty adult beverage.

-ea6bflyr ;)

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
ha, I am so glad I am starting BOLTC Monday and then IFS hopefully the week after

Ill be in your DIVOLC class. Next IFS class starts that same day, then another two weeks later. Im hoping that we only have to deal with one week of this foolishness until IFS.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So lets say EVERYONE NAVY showed up in BROWN shoes. Then what? Fail the whole class? UNLIKELY. The more you (JOPA) all stick together the less the punishment. Maybe you guys need some more JOPA training.

-ea6bflyr ;)

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
So lets say EVERYONE NAVY showed up in BROWN shoes. Then what? Fail the whole class? UNLIKELY. The more you (JOPA) all stick together the less the punishment. Maybe you guys need some more JOPA training.

-ea6bflyr ;)

*We* Need something...

I'm just waiting to get called out into the kill zone. This sucks! :eek::D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

-ea6bflyr ;)
Given the acceptance rate of brown shoes amongst the Ensigns before this "incident," I doubt if half of A-pool even OWNS them to begin with. As a famous man once said, I weep . . .

gotta_fly

pilot
Sir, yes they can. Today we were given, "Were you issued brown shoes in your sea bag? Then inspection will be in your black shoes."

*Facepalm* :(

I know at one time or another we were all issued uniform items, but technically officers are not issued a seabag; we have a list of items we need to own and it's our responsibility to buy them. Given that, any 13XX's brown shoes have as much right to be in the seabag as black or white.

Like everyone's saying, this can't be the best time to push your luck, but statements like that annoy me.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
That's funny, I wasn't issued ANYTHING in my seabag - I had to buy the stuff. You know, being an officer and all.