• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best places to wear a uniform...

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Clint Eastwood bought the four of us a drink at the lobby bar @ the Fairmont Hotel, SFO, just after making some of his Spaghetti Westerns.

SFO_FAIR-loung-1.jpg
[/IMG]

He was just passing through ... saw us sitting there in our pitiful Midshipman suits with woeful faces, came over and said: "HEY! I'll buy the Navy a drink". Chatted for a few minutes, paid the bill and left.

It wasn't a woman, but it was still O.K. .... :)
Wearing a uniform during that era – especially in SFO – was not advised. But timing as always, is everything.

Good to hear Clint Eastwood came through. (Not a surprise)

I spent a great and memorable night before we deployed on our first combat cruise with 8 great friends, all of us in civvies, in the Fairmont's Tonga Room. We had a most remarkable and enjoyable night; but we all paid our (expensive) way.

Many years later, upon being surprised to see the Tonga Room still existed, I took my entire family and some close friends there. Although everyone thoroughly enjoyed the night, for me it was bittersweet. Naturally, no one could ever imagine or truly appreciate my experience there, so many years prior. Nor did I tell any at our table. . . of the subsequent losses from our group of 8 on that wonderful night so many years prior.

Occasionally today, when I do see our people in uniform, and who honor the uniform in public, I am inclined to cover a tab. Although it's for them, I also really do it for my buddies, officer and enlisted, who in my time were never granted that small honor.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Bogeys is the defacto club. All hands though. If we had an O-Club (perferably on the airbase side) JOPA from the HSL/HSM wing could keep it open at least for lunch.

Yeah we could definitely keep it open for lunch. Half the patrons in Bogeys are in bags anyway. I'm surprised to see SWOs in there, it happens so infrequently.

helo_wifey

This is a great thread!

And I do agree with the Australia thing. I just got back from seeing the Kitty in Fremantle, and the chicks were going nuts. It was SDBs the first day for them. Everyone was so receptive to us being there. When we were walking to lunch all the women were checking him out, it was kinda cool to see that. I know my man looks hot in a uniform, and I'm glad other women acknowledge it, it makes him feel good. He knows that I think he's good looking, sometimes you need reassureance from complete stranger.

Same with Otaru in Hokkaido in June. The guys had to wear their whites off the boat, and people were lining up for tours that day. I couldn't even walk with my husband from the boat because the Japanese were throwing their children at him for pictures. He felt like a celeb.

GMan1976

Banned
This is a great thread!

...all the women were checking him out, it was kinda cool to see that. I know my man looks hot in a uniform, and I'm glad other women acknowledge it, it makes him feel good. He knows that I think he's good looking, sometimes you need reassureance from complete stranger.

YOU ARE FRIGGIN' AWESOME. Period.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
This is a great thread!

When we were walking to lunch all the women were checking him out, it was kinda cool to see that. I know my man looks hot in a uniform, and I'm glad other women acknowledge it, it makes him feel good. He knows that I think he's good looking, sometimes you need reassureance from complete stranger.

As opposed to marriage as I am, you are awesome. You are one of those rare women that make marriage seem worthwhile. I am glad to hear from a wife that doesn't have insecurity issues with the relationship, it is a nice change from others *ahem* . Good Job ;)

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Other XC-O&I nametags I keep in my helmet bag for the unwise JGs to use.

Dan Twopee, LTJG USNR(Sounds like "Damn 2p" the way I say it)
FNG

We had a retired CAPT SWO (he introduced himself as such) come over and have a "word" with me about takign my crew to the Applebees in West Palm Beach on Military Trail, and said we should not do it again.

He called our SDO (recent retiree from MYPT, so he knew the number or who to get it from) and XO. Reported that a "LT MASTER and LTJG Twopee" were at Applebees in an inappropriate uniform.

SDO said he could hear the CO and XO laughing at him from down the hall....

THATS HILARIOUS!!!! God I love this business!

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is such a sad post. That's all I have to say. Pick a girl.. stick with her. Don't use your uniform to get as many as you can.

What??? I recommend wearing whites in new York City during Fleet Week. Gets our sailors in all over town and treated really nicely.

Who said anything about picking up girls?? I'm married and wore my whites in NYC. Went to a sold out subway series game at Yanke Stadium. Showed up with no tickets at game time, ended up tapping on the top of the Mets dugout talking to the players.

shortncurly

I'm right there with helo_wifey. I sort of like it when other women check out my husband when he's in uniform (or in regular clothes, for that matter)..... but a little part inside of me wants to go up to them and say "Look all you want, gals. But he's mine, ALL MINE!" Followed up with a good "mwuahahaha!"

One time, my husband met me and a buddy in a local pub back in MA (a place called The Claddagh - an oasis in the armpit of Massachussetts, Lawrence). He had just come from a Dining In, and was in his Blues. I was surprised to see him get such a warm reception what with it being MA and all (he had been called a "baby killer" too while in college). Not only did he not pay for a drink all night, or cover charge to get in, but I was getting free drinks too. And after that, the door guys never made us pay the cover when we flashed our IDs. *Sigh* I miss that bar - great place to go, grab a pint of Guinness, and watch the Sox play.

The other day my husband and I were walking in the mall (here in Jax) and a guy walking past us inquired if my husband was in the military based on his haircut. When hubby answered in the affirmative, the man shook his hand and said thank you. He said he had served before, in a "weak time", and he appreciates all you guys are doing right now and how difficult it must be. It was great, made me tear up - 'course, that could have been hormones, me being a silly girl and all.... ;)

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
On the subject of the forum, one word: Texas. Especially if you're not someplace close to a base (i.e. Fort Worth). The people there are extremely friendly to military personnel and occasionally I have had my dinner tab picked up by either the restaurant or by other guests while in my whites.

I back that one up. My best friends and I are our unit's Color Gaurd, so naturally we go do all of Rice's football games (they suck). At the end of every presentation of the Colors, we usually go to Chipotle in either Whites or SBDs and hardly ever pay. The manager almost always covers our meals, despite our insistance to pay. As a compromise we buy the drinks.

helo_wifey

As opposed to marriage as I am, you are awesome. You are one of those rare women that make marriage seem worthwhile. I am glad to hear from a wife that doesn't have insecurity issues with the relationship, it is a nice change from others *ahem* . Good Job ;)

GMan1976 said:
YOU ARE FRIGGIN' AWESOME. Period.

Nah, I'm just realistic. If I get all bent out of shape everytime someone flirts with him, checks him out, etc, then he's going to leave me for being such a nut job. ;)

Besides, I just got a new job working with the Jackson Foundation on deployment health, and one of my ships is the Kitty, so I'll be able to stalk him in port. :D

Shameless plug for my new job. Sorry :) I'm just waaaay too excited.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Nah, I'm just realistic. If I get all bent out of shape everytime someone flirts with him, checks him out, etc, then he's going to leave me for being such a nut job. ;)

No, they're definitely right. You rock. Even-headed women? Gotta love them. :D

Jenmarie

Demons are cute when they sleep!
Contributor
Uniforms... Sigh... Keeping my hands to myself and backing away from the uniform now... ;)

But really, don't come to Santa Cruz in uniform... the people here, they suck.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I back that one up. My best friends and I are our unit's Color Gaurd, so naturally we go do all of Rice's football games (they suck). At the end of every presentation of the Colors, we usually go to Chipotle in either Whites or SBDs and hardly ever pay. The manager almost always covers our meals, despite our insistance to pay. As a compromise we buy the drinks.

I'm a regular at one of our local Chipotle's and I frequently get comp'd stuff just for having a fresh haircut. Those guys are top notch.

Brett

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
The Dubliner in DC on St Patrick's day... a few of us ran into the Bush daughters. Nowhere near as exciting as it could have been, but still one for the books.