• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best places to wear a uniform...

MasterBates

Like I posted in a previous thread, I have more high school kids come up and talk to me about joining the military, how to beocome a pilot, how to get into the academy (they often assume you HAVE to go there to fly), etc... while I bag strike the Food Lion or Winn-Dixie because when I get home and my wife needs some crap for dinner, I do not feel like changing just to go to the damn grocer.

MasterBates

Is there any way to voice our opinion to the Navy? How does policy change?

Make Admiral. But unless you drink the Kool-Aide, you probably wont make Admiral.

It's a vicious cycle. Dickhead makes rules. Guys who dont like it dont get to replace dickhead, who chooses another dickhead, who makes more rules...

Not calling any specific person a dickhead, just generlaizing..

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Make Admiral. But unless you drink the Kool-Aide, you probably wont make Admiral.

It's a vicious cycle. Dickhead makes rules. Guys who dont like it dont get to replace dickhead, who chooses another dickhead, who makes more rules...

Not calling any specific person a dickhead, just generlaizing..

And from what I understand, being in HSL doesn't help the chances of becoming an Admiral either. Oh well.

GMan1976

Banned
There's got to be a way to let the higher-ups know what the fleet is thinking. I don't think major policies just change at some Adm's whim (at least MOST don't). Let's put our heads together. Change starts NOW!! WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMAN'S BOMBED PEARL HARBOR??? NO!!! WHO'S WITH ME????!?!? AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

GMan1976

Banned
Mefesto, there can be a standard. It's all in the doc wording. Hell, the AF does it. I mean, what keeps us from having khakis that don't have ink stains and whatnot? It's just a blurb about overall appearance and we're golden.

I'm serious though... let's figure out a way to get some changes at least THOUGHT of. There's got to be some brass or ol' salts on here that can lend some weight (not to mention some idea into procedure).

I didn't get to be where I am without making SOME waves... haha...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mefesto said:
Ya get back to me when you're crawling around a Hornet during a preflight, about trying to keep your flight suit clean. Are you kidding me? The Air Force also iron their flight suits and wear ascots.

I don't know about you, but my flight gear takes the brunt of the nasty. Freakin covered head to toe in gear.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Mefesto said:
Those gay silk scarves...

And that wasn't meant to come of as a flame... but that's like telling sailors not to get paint and **** on their coveralls so that they can be considered a service uniform.

Concur wholeheartedly with Mefesto and Fly on the flightsuit (i've said it before in other threads). Sure, it would be nice to be able to wear it off base and grab some chow, but really, outside of API and an XC (whose different rules have been covered), how often does that chance come up? I'd much rather be able to wear the thing with tears, ink stains, hyd fluid, oil, and whatever the crap they use to grease the rotorhead with is all over myself then have to have it cleaned, pressed, with the zipper at the proper height, the proper amount of sleeve rolls and PC patches.

MasterBates

Sure, it would be nice to be able to wear it off base and grab some chow, but really, outside of API and an XC (whose different rules have been covered), how often does that chance come up? .

Well, here at NRB, the dining options are limited. Think Whiting, with 8 times the people. And a SMALLER club.

Going off base is often used, as you can only eat McDs, TacoBell and Base Food so much.

There are about 50 good for lunch establishments that you can drive to, eat, and drive back in under an hour, but all but 3 are off base..

Pags

N/A
pilot
Well, here at NRB, the dining options are limited. Think Whiting, with 8 times the people. And a SMALLER club.

Going off base is often used, as you can only eat McDs, TacoBell and Base Food so much.

There are about 50 good for lunch establishments that you can drive to, eat, and drive back in under an hour, but all but 3 are off base..

I guess I just haven't worked out of a place that has anyplace nearby that was worth going to. Whiting: Nothing. Chambers: Not much (maybe one or two places).

Nothing like NASNI where there's all sorts of good eats nearby on Coronado. But out there people seem to care less...I've always seen people stopping in to grab a bite in bags on the Island.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
The reason we can't wear flight suits in town has less to do with how it looks (with or without stains) and more with the other 2 coequal branches of the URL community.