• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best NROTC University?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkdocfmf

The best ROTC University is one that you get accepted to, complete it with good grades and get accepted to the program that you want

beau

Yeah, I dont know about the Sorority girls there, but here at OU, if your not a Frat boy and your talking to sororanazi, your chances are slim to none. I was talking to one last night, and even confiding to her that I'm and Officer and a Gentelmen (only after she asked of course), she blew us off (two officers no less) and started talking to a Frat boy with bad convo, and even worse gay ass hair........My point being is that if you talk to a girl and within the first two minutes of convo she asks "so what house are you in" either walk away (shaking your head) or start lying your ass off. Its hard to say though, because I've met some cool sorority girls that dont give a damn who you are as long as your cute, and then there are "those other whores"....ugh I mean bitc....ah, girls. Oh and thats right, they are girls, not Women. If they cant get over that "high school" feeling that this is the most important thing in the world...........move on brother....she make look good the outside, but its all air and shrapnel on the inside. I really had nothing agaist the greek system until I got here, but if you want to get Drunk and Laid, and you dont mind paying up the ass to be a part of the Greek system, by all means give it a shot.......But keep your eyes on the prize. I've seen many MIDN quit or get kicked because of the Greek system.

my two Plus cents.

"the only Frat I want to join is Naval Aviation!"

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

Originally posted by beau
Yeah, I dont know about the Sorority girls there, but here at OU, if your not a Frat boy and your talking to sororanazi, your chances are slim to none. I was talking to one last night, and even confiding to her that I'm and Officer and a Gentelmen (only after she asked of course), she blew us off (two officers no less) and started talking to a Frat boy with bad convo, and even worse gay ass hair........My point being is that if you talk to a girl and within the first two minutes of convo she asks "so what house are you in" either walk away (shaking your head) or start lying your ass off. Its hard to say though, because I've met some cool sorority girls that dont give a damn who you are as long as your cute, and then there are "those other whores"....ugh I mean bitc....ah, girls. Oh and thats right, they are girls, not Women. If they cant get over that "high school" feeling that this is the most important thing in the world...........move on brother....she make look good the outside, but its all air and shrapnel on the inside. I really had nothing agaist the greek system until I got here, but if you want to get Drunk and Laid, and you dont mind paying up the ass to be a part of the Greek system, by all means give it a shot.......But keep your eyes on the prize. I've seen many MIDN quit or get kicked because of the Greek system.

my two Plus cents.

"the only Frat I want to join is Naval Aviation!"

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

LOL
Amen

jrocks11

>>Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is the way to go. It was rated best AE program for BS degrees in the US. It also still produces more Naval
>>Aviators then any other university with the exception of the Naval Academy.

Um, I believe MIT is THE top Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering school in the country. Not to mention its NROTC detachment has had nearly 100% acceptance rate for aviators.

Just my $0.02

sailorgloom

Norwich University (Birthplace of ROTC)
Citadel
VMI
Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Just keep in mind that NROTC is NROTC is NROTC. If you're a slacker or the head middie in charge, it doesn't matter after you get your butter bars. What matters is what you do out in the fleet.

-SG

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
I would definately recommend VMI. I had my option of the Academy, MIT, RPI, UC schools, etc. It depends on what you are looking for out of your school. For me, I wanted the most challenging school and none of the others impressed me, although the Academy has the name. Also VMI is 100% for getting their guys flight slots over the past 10 years or so. As far as the AE degree, it limits your options when you get out of the Navy. I almost didnt go to VMI because they dont offer that degree yet. However I did get a degree in Mechanical Engineering with a concentration in Aeronautical Studies. After talking to employers, (just for information) every single one of them said they prefer someone with the broad base of ME instead of a focused degree, t least for the Bachelors.

ghost_ttu

Originally posted by Frumby
UCLA and CSULB worked pretty good for me! Frumby

Of course, if you can afford it, USC is no slouch. If it was good enough for John Wayne its good enough for me!

Attack Pilot
LtCol USMCR

Any of these schools that also have AFROTC would be your best pick. Atleast then you have a shot at seeing the light and crossing over to the blue.

NavyNCSU

N.C. State...one of the best engineering schools around, great area to go to college in, since the best ACC schools are nearby, and it is a large battalion with a good staff.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
EVERYONE IN HERE IS WRONG!!! LOL
I was an Aerospace Eng major at the University of Colorado @ Boulder. Our ROTC battalion produced more aviators than any other school (asside for the academy) in the 4 yrs I was there. 90% of our grads went aviation.

I am from So California and CU was and is a great school! Like I said, THEY BUILD SNAs

www.colorado.edu/NROTC

akamifeldman

Interplanetary Ambassador
Okay, guys, thanks for all the replies. I asked for what you thought were the best universities, and we heard nearly every place under the sun. How about this, to narrow it down: Which are the NROTC Universities (detachments) we should avoid and not want to go to? Well, anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.