• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best NROTC University?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmuckatelli

If you do NROTC at Stanford you will have to drive to Berzerkely (hehe) since the Stanford program is actually a cross-town (cross-bay!) thing with Cal. Go Cardinal!

CORNELL!

LOL I think I'm the only one from Cornell here...

Anyway, the UCs are all great if you're from Cali, great value for the money. Not the case for most out of states tho, especially East siders.

A friend who's at MIT loves boasting about how last yr they sent every PQ NROTC grad who wanted aviation into SNA. I guess school does matter?

All the aforementioned schools have great reputations for mech/aero engineering programs.

I know GA Tech has a good rep too, as do many other schools.

MrTorso

Univ. of Illinois right in the middle of the cornfields baby! I'm a 1/C MIDN here and it rocks. Engineering is rank top 5 consistently (alst i heard) and there are tons more options if the engineering falls through (Kinesiology 2nd, Business top 5, etc. etc.). Not to mention that we have awesome teams. Drill team (IDR/Exhibition) National Champs 2003 and 3rd two previous. Rifle pistol 1st in midwest etc. etc. Most of the people are awesome too. Feel free to ask an questions desired.
Semper Fi,
JIMBO

mbeaser

http://aae.www.ecn.purdue.edu/AAE/Career/WhyPurdue.html

http://aae.www.ecn.purdue.edu/AAE/Astronaut/Astronaut.html

http://www.adpc.purdue.edu/~nrotc/

Pardon the funky links, obviously I am not a webprogrammer, but the 2nd half works. Sometimes a school can make up for being in the middle of nowhere (and I'm not even an alum, but my Mom is).

family1

Notre Dame has one of the largest battalions in the country and is also one of the most selective. It has a very high percentage of applicants accepted for the medical school option, and places several graduates each year in the nuclear reactors program office in DC.

If good weather is a major factor, look elsewhere. If you want the best billets at graduation,

GO IRISH!

klray77

I'm currently stationed at the Air Force Institute of Technology here in Dayton, OH to get my master's in Aero Engineering. I'm here with 10 other brand new ensigns. We are all either Mech Engineering majors or Aero Engineering majors. Here is a list of the schools we all come from.

Univ. of Memphis --- Myself
Cornell University
Georgia Tech
Holy Cross
Marquette
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
N.C. State
Villanova -- there always seems to be hot females in this unit.
U.S. Naval Academy.

I think I hit all of them. The aero majors came from the academy, A&M, and N.C. state for sure. I think all the rest of us are mechs. But in the end we will all end up with our masters in aero so our bachelors is not going to matter anyway. Every single one of those seem to have good units. But stick with ROTC and not the academy. Those guys are wierd. Hope they won't read this.

Ken

Tallblonde

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is the way to go. It was rated best AE program for BS degrees in the US. It also still produces more Naval Aviators then any other university with the exception of the Naval Academy.

akamifeldman

Interplanetary Ambassador
Thanks for all the replies and university recomendations, guys.
I think I looked into Embry-Riddle a while ago, but was discouraged because lack of a masters degree program. Still very interesting though!
Thanks for the replies!

The Three D's of Aviation: Never do anything Dumb, Dangerous, or Different!

turbospider2k

I'm pretty sure (99%) that ERAU DOES does have a master's degree program - unless your talking about something else.

Another benefit of ERAU is that the program is literally just starting. 2003 will be its first year. Should make working your way up fairly easy. I think.

Undertow

best advice I've ever seen on the AE program was 5 words. "get out while you can" Business major all the way.

Acoustix99

pilot
Georgia Tech has consistently had a top 3 rated AE program in the country, it's an amazing school for engineering, great location right in midtown atlanta, and a top notch NROTC unit. I graduated out of it and selected pilot, it seems as though we have 70 to 80% go aviation.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The signature says it all . . . Go Big Blue!

If God isn't a Penn State fan, than why is the sky blue and white?

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
I will second the U of I ROTC program. Especially if you are interested in Illinois. I know it's not on the coast, but two words....Sorority Girls. You'll thank me later. I just graduated and trust me, I had a good time.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i can tell u by words from embry riddle grads...api will teach you more than 4 years of embry will teach u. straight from riddle grads...cfi's and the like. i think the college and the flight hours dont matter...

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
I second the vote for the University of Illinois. I just graduated from there and I had a great time in both the ROTC and school in general. The ROTC people don't take up too much of your time if you don't want them too. Yes, the school is in the middle of corn but I have one word for you...Sororities. Life is good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.