• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best NROTC University?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akamifeldman

Interplanetary Ambassador
Many of us here on the forum are aspiring aviators, so for those with a bit more experience, I present the question: If going the NROTC route, which universitiy(es) do you recommend, keeping in mind that I'll pursue an Aerospace Engineering degree. Myself, I'm partial to the UC system.
Well, what do you guys out there think? Thanks in advance!

The Three D's of Aviation: Never do anything Dumb, Dangerous, or Different!

dufault.2

Ohio State-National Champs-GO BUCKEYES!!
Sorry about the shameless plug for my school-couldn't help myself. I don't know much about the NROTC unit there. Gook luck in the search though.

GO BUCKEYES!!

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
aoconnor - UNC-Chapel Hill?? They don't even have any engineering majorS!

akamifeldman, I believe Georgia Tech is the way to go!!!

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY

beau

If you want to Major in Aviation, get all of your Civialian ratings and have the Navy pay for it all at the same time, do what I did and become a University of Oklahoma Sooner. The degree is business based so if Aviation does not work out, your still set.

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

aoconnor

Viv,

You're right, UNC-Chapel Hill does not have any engineering majors. However, it has a history in producing aviators (George Bush SR., Ted Williams, Bill Cosby (just kidding)). If your looking for engineering, head down the road to NC State. My recruiter recruits a lot of 'nukes' from NC state.

Currently, two of the three NROTC instructors at UNC are aviators (EA-6B's, and S-3's). I have taken several of the classes to get the heads up on OCS and have found the people and faculty to be top-notch.

farkle84

SD water gets pretty cold. but its refreshing on a hot day. plus CA and southern CA are unbeatable. florida is great too, dont get me wrong.

akamifeldman

Thanks for the recomendations, guys.
I'm focusing on California schools, to be sure. I'll be a junior in HS next school year, and I want either Stanford or UC Berkeley. Maybe UCSD. Either way, I want to get a good, solid engineering degree in (my eyes suck, in case PRK falls through, etc, yadda yadda), not just go to school getting my civillian ratings.
Thanks for all your help!

One more thing: Cold Water? Come on guys, up here in Santa Cruz the water's a warm(!) 55 degrees, grab your wetsuit and board, get in!

rare21

pilot
Contributor
like aforementioned.....go to the University of Texas at Austin, a great engineering school and great NROTC unit

akamifeldman

Any NON-Midwest/East Coast schools
icon_smile_wink.gif
out there anybody is proud of? Thanks

room5047

I've heard very good things about NROTC at both Berkeley and Stanford, especially Berkeley; you definitely get the good degree and a pretty broad choice of life experiences out there.

show me your WAARRRR face!

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
UCLA and CSULB worked pretty good for me! Frumby

Of course, if you can afford it, USC is no slouch. If it was good enough for John Wayne its good enough for me!

Attack Pilot
LtCol USMCR

Status
Not open for further replies.