• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Beale AFB Airshow - 18-19 April

rmantegani

Beale Airshow

My sons and I will be at the show for sure. Already booked the motel. Getting all the cameras ready, can hardly wait.

KSUFLY

pilot
True statement. I designed the watch, and based it on their "B-1" model (which is discontinued). I did all the coordination with Breitling USA, collected the money, etc...
Kind of a pain, but the final product was well worth it. I bought 2, and was going to use one of them as an "investment". But one of the guys later decided he wanted one, so I sold it to him.

Back to the thread: who's coming to Beale for the Airshow?

Maybe we just need a "Ask Huggy About the U-2" thread. I've never seen anyone get so many questions off topic (besides Masterbates on marriage advice.) Wish I could make it out there Huggy but probably won't. I'm sure it'll be a great airshow.

yak52driver

Contributor
I didn't see it mentioned as I scanned this thread, but the latest issue of Flying Magazine has a great article about the U-2. Huggy is quoted in it. Sounds like a handfull to fly.

yak52driver

Contributor
I also made it on the cover, plus 5 other pics! :D

I thought I recognized you, you're the one with the pressure suit on, right? :D

Seriously, those were some great pictures and the article was very interesting. Sounds like the pilots that fly it are proud of what they do and enjoy the challenge. It must be awesome to fly at that altitude.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Great pics Huggy. And here I thought that DC only made headsets.

-ea6bflyr ;)

CAMike

None
Contributor
Anyone else going to attend the Beale Show thsi weekend 4-18-09? It's my understanding that Beale hasn't hosted an air show these past couple of years. Should be a good venue.

And while I'm passing the word- Does anyone know a place to park an RV near Beale AFB for the weekend? The base Famcamp facility is FULL and I'm currently looking into the Yuba City College parking lot or two differnt Wal-Marts parking lots. Any advise would be appreciated.

WX should be excellent as well.

Hope to see other AW members there.

Huggy Bear

pilot
Anyone else going to attend the Beale Show thsi weekend 4-18-09? It's my understanding that Beale hasn't hosted an air show these past couple of years. Should be a good venue.

And while I'm passing the word- Does anyone know a place to park an RV near Beale AFB for the weekend? The base Famcamp facility is FULL and I'm currently looking into the Yuba City College parking lot or two differnt Wal-Marts parking lots. Any advise would be appreciated.

WX should be excellent as well.

Hope to see other AW members there.

My sister lives there and she owns an RV. I just wrote her to see if she can find out. I'll let you know.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Thanks Huggy- It looks like the RV has two different parking plans, both within 15 miles of a base entrance. If I get some good photos I'll create another AW.com album under my user profile/name as I did with San Fran Fleet week last year. Just going to the Saturday show.

See you there. HuggyU2 and others included.

rmantegani

Beale Airshow

My sons and I will be there both Friday and Saturday. I know Friday is media day but we will be somewhere outside shooting over the fence for practice. Hope to get some decent shots, I know the last airshow there it is tough with the sun angle. Oh well, still ,, it will be well worth it.

HuggyU2

None
I know Friday is media day but we will be somewhere outside shooting over the fence for practice. Hope to get some decent shots, I know the last airshow there it is tough with the sun angle. Oh well, still ,, it will be well worth it.

Head's up: media day will be at Lincoln Airport, starting around 1300. The Patriots will actually arrive at 1100, which was a last minute change. Not sure if we'll be able to move things earlier.
They will make passes over Beale, but stage out of Lincoln.
Once done, they'll fly over to Beale around 1630-1700.