• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

B-52 mistakenly loaded/flies with Nukes...idiots

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Before I became the GQ OOD, my assigned station was in my nuke magazine. An excellent place to spend GQ because nobody could come down to see if we were playing all of the games....REFTRA GQ was easy.....until the GQ OOD got fired and I had to take his place.....

East

东部
Contributor
Flight crew

I am curious if the complete flight crew is among those mentioned 5 Officers......

Anyone?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I am curious if the complete flight crew is among those mentioned 5 Officers......
Anyone?
I would guess/say no. I would think that the Mission Commander however would be among the fired.

On a totally different (but not wholly unrelated) topic... When I checked into my first fleet squadron, I was the pubs officer (among other things). While cleaning out the pubs locker to make room for the correct sectionals, etc... I came across about 10 flight manuals of some sort that covered the procedures for transporting nuclear weapons in the CH-46E. I tossed all but 1, with the thought that if the mission ever came up - we could photocopy the one we had. No one ever missed them.
Were they UNCLAS?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Yup. There's not much classified in the Phrog world. Our Secret Tac is maye 1/2" thick...
Good, I would hate to see something go into the trashcan that should go into a burn bag....that never happens right?......When our squadron was on cruise, our Wing wookies came in to look at the spaces and found some stuff laying around that should have been burned....it got ugly.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
I read in one article that they were to be "fired". That wording confused me, does anyone know if this means they are being discharged or just sent to some desk job in Alaska or Greenland?

KBayDog

There's not much classified in the Phrog world. Our Secret Tac is maye 1/2" thick...

Yeah, and it is nothing more than an instruction manual for this:
fluxcapacitorebay.jpg

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I read in one article that they were to be "fired". That wording confused me, does anyone know if this means they are being discharged or just sent to some desk job in Alaska or Greenland?

Usually when someone is 'fired' from a job in the military they are relieved of their duties and sent out to pasture at some busy work staff job until they retire or leave the service, which usually is as soon as legally possible (usually there is not a choice involved, they are forced to retire or seperate). Unless a court-martial is involved, then jail might be the end result.

KBayDog

That is way too high-tech for the Phrog, shouldn't it be something like this?

hamster_wheel.jpg

^It was, at least until the turn of the century.

Back in 1985, the Delorean Motor Company merged with Boeing. This merger proved critical to the Phrog SLEP. After initial bidding and prototype delays, a contract was awarded in 1991 to Boeing-DMC to upgrade our avionics suite. Installation began in early 1999, with the last upgrade installed in 2003.

By the way, the pilot on the first flight was my wife, Morgan Fairchild. Yeah, that's the ticket.