• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AW STICKER POLL (new-revised) by phrogpilot73

AW sticker designs revised, which do you like the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robav8r

None
Contributor
I like phrog's original white, but how about this little tweak that puts it in line with the AW banner...
phroggonemarinecorpstv8.jpg

MS Paint... so it's really crummy, but I hope it gives a rough draft of what I'm talking about...

How about the words in blue, wings in gold (same) and the blue/green "swoosh" in blue & gold ???

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
What about a set of "dinner dress" wings superimposed behind SBPilot's...I would set it up but I have no photoshop...or guns, laptop, camera etc...:icon_rage

robav8r

None
Contributor
Fine if you want to leave out the Marine aviators.....they're partial to red

. . . . . yeah, that was a bit selffish of me. I guess it's impossible to represent everyone wrt colors. I'll buy whatever the group decides.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I like the idea - especially trying to mimic the banner... However, if you put in the red - now it's a 5 color sticker, vice 4. I also think the blue/green and red compete. If we wanted to go with Red letters, I would suggest a much darker red, and no blue/green contrail...

I think the contrail makes the design look sharp. Reminds me of VFA-137.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
THE Reason:
WebKahuna said:
I like the idea of not having .com, just something that if you know what it means, then so be it. I don't particularly care to use it as an advertisement, I think the site does just fine by word of mouth.
Personally, I wouldn't mind it either way..but then again, I don't own this site. :p
Yeah, I get it ... was graded excellent at reading & comprehension in Mrs. Thompson's 3rd grade class ...

.... I just question the mental stability of those who would run around "zapping" various and sundry places --- even if Air Force ... AND "THEY" ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO "GET IT"!!!! :eek:

Get it ???

Boy ... anonymous "Zaps" .... now THAT will make a TIGER-LIKE statement, yes??? :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, just one more thing. Non-PC-touchy-feely input. 3 sets of wings??? How about just Wings of Gold -- the kind you go to "flight school" for ... ???

With the plethora of "warfare pins/devices/Audie Murphy-like rows of ribbons" and such of late growing by leaps and bounds -- that would make most any WW2, Korea, or Vietnam vet pale by comparison ... why do some want Aircrew Wings on the sticker??? It seems as if every aircrewmember at every NAS has some sort of wings these days. Some aircraft need aircrew to function. Some don't ... but they ALL need a Naval Aviator to function.

Or conversely, if you are too PC to see where I'm going ... why aren't they on the masthead of the Air Warriors website???

It's not a "respect" thing ... for if it is -- it SHOULD be on the Air Warriors masthead. And then, of course ..... where do you stop???

It's a website (and the sticker a potential calling card) for NAVAL AVIATION -- and the tip of the spear is populated by Naval Aviators and Naval Flight Officers.

Not populated by plethoras ... as necessary as some may be in the greater scheme of things ...

Just my $20 worth .... hoooo, boy. :D

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Reason:
Yeah, I get it ... was graded excellent at reading & comprehension in Mrs. Thompson's 3rd grade class ...

.... I just question the mental stability of those who would run around "zapping" various and sundry places --- even if Air Force ... AND "THEY" ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO "GET IT"!!!! :eek:

Get it ???

Boy ... anonymous "Zaps" .... that will make a statement, yes??? :D

I am torn. I can't put an AW sticker on the back of my car, and become the base phantom zapper at the same time. It's a dead giveaway.

phrogpilot73

Yeah, just one more thing. Non-PC-touchy-feely input. 3 sets of wings??? How about just Wings of Gold -- the kind you go to "flight school" for ... ???

With the plethora of "warfare pins/devices/Audie Murphy-like rows of ribbons" and such of late growing by leaps and bounds -- that would make most any WW2, Korea, or Vietnam vet pale by comparison ... why do some want Aircrew Wings on the sticker??? It seems as if every aircrewmember at every NAS has some sort of wings these days. Some aircraft need aircrew to function. Some don't ... but they ALL need a Naval Aviator to function.

Or conversely, if you are too PC to see where I'm going ... why aren't they on the masthead of the Air Warriors website???

It's not a "respect" thing ... for if it is -- it SHOULD be on the Air Warriors masthead. And then, of course ..... where do you stop???

It's a website (and the sticker a potential calling card) for NAVAL AVIATION -- and the tip of the spear is populated by Naval Aviators and Naval Flight Officers.

Not populated by plethoras ... as necessary as some may be in the greater scheme of things ...

Just my $20 worth .... hoooo, boy. :D

Mahalo Bruddah... Couldn't agree with you more!

Grant

Not that my opinion matters, but I like SBpilot's. I agree with A4's, I think ".com" should be on the decals.

Whats everyone's fascination with the Euro-trash designs?

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I like sbpilot's as well, but it's not a zapper, you can't use it to tag up the O'Clubs and wardrooms and F-22's and such.

And plus one on "airwarriors.com" as well...