• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AW STICKER POLL (new-revised) by phrogpilot73

AW sticker designs revised, which do you like the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
How's this ... ?? Your top three (3) choices are at the top ... I left out the A-4 choice as I felt undue pressure ... :)
Much Better - Adding 3 more sticker designs (per suggestions) to this poll as well. The new poll should read "Schnugg's White", "Phrog's Original White", "Sbpilot Window Sticker", "Plain with NA/NFO Wings", "Plain with all three wings", Phrog's with all three wings". Pictures are below:

Schnugg's White:
aw-1.jpg

Phrog's Original White:
Airwarriors20Sticker2.gif

Sbpilot Window Sticker:
awlogo.jpg

Plain with NA/NFO wings:
AirwarriorsSticker3.jpg

Plain with all three wings:
AirwarriorsSticker4.jpg

Phrog's with all three wings:
AirwarriorsSticker5.jpg

Is there a way to reset the voting, so it's like a brand new poll?

edited from A4sForever said:

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I tried a couple without wings as well...
AWStickersmall.jpg

I just can't get the words to hug the curve along the bottom like phrog did below.
AW_pollsmall.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
:)I want WINGS of GOLD .... otherwise, what's the point ... ???

Name recognition counts. The only AW's name recognition at present at large is this, so the stickers may as well look like this:

awtu5.jpg

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I may be subconciously drawn to that design as I almost drowned in an extra large A&W vanilla ice cream float as a toddler. :)

mmmmmm good....;)

They're all good. Anyone have any black and white line art of wings they can send me?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I may be subconciously drawn to that design as I almost drowned in an extra large A&W vanilla ice cream float as a toddler. :)...
Yes, I hear you, Brother. :)

I unnerstan' completely .... and that's just one more example of the bond we more mature gents have ... the one that escapes the youngsters at present -- but they will all have THEIR day of recogning as well .... ahhhhh, yes, and it's coming all too soon.

I my own case, I was savaged by an enraged chipmunk who ran up my pants leg whilst I was a youth; a mere sapling, if you will.

The horror .... the humanity .... :eek:

I recovered; but to this day, I find myself wearing shorts as a defense against a repeat attack.

phrogpilot73

I tried a couple without wings as well...
I just can't get the words to hug the curve along the bottom like phrog did below.
So, are you admitting in an open forum that your Photoshop skills pale in comparison to mine?!? That's OK - because I'm sure you could smoke check me with Powerpoint!

I was originally looking for line art wings as well, and didn't find any - hence the ones I have up now. As for hugging the bottom, I used "ARC" on Photoshop's text tool to do that. Whatever design is finally chosen - we can tweak it to make it look the best... I just want the design chosen in time for me to get a barbecue apron made up with it for USNA tailgating!!

EDIT - Can one of you mod-types add Schnugg's latest and greatest to the poll?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Mo betta? :)
AWwingssmall.jpg
Much 'MO BETTAH ..but ... how about Gold Wings ... ??? The Ready Room demands no less ...

3mokesuv1.jpg

And what is everyone's "reluctance" to put ".com" on the sticker -- don't we WANT the sheep to " .com'on" over ??? Personally, I don't think it's "geeky" and I'm older than most of you ...

One more fine, semi-nitpicky point: Where does the Aviator sit in most cockpits vis-a-viz the NFO ... ??? On the right side, as you are "facing it", yes??? Soooooooooo .... should the Aviator Wings an' NFO Wings be flip-flopped to relect a pilot-in-left-seat-in-the-cockpit orientation ... but "right when facing ???

Or does it matter??? For example; NFO and Aviator in "proper" seating orientation ....i.e., Bombardier on right side of cockpit in this example .... but on "left" when facing ??? Too esoteric ??? :

a6crewmf9.jpg
dsc01888pz9.jpg

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So, are you admitting in an open forum that your Photoshop skills pale in comparison to mine?!? That's OK - because I'm sure you could smoke check me with Powerpoint!

:D

ppt_1--hrs.jpg

One more fine, semi-nitpicky point: Where does the Aviator sit in most cockpits vis-a-viz the NFO ... ??? On the right side, as you are "facing it", yes??? Soooooooooo .... should the Aviator Wings an' NFO Wings be flip-flopped to relect a pilot-in-left-seat-in-the-cockpit orientation ... but "right when facing ???

Or does it matter??? For example; NFO and Aviator in "proper" seating orientation ....i.e., Bombardier on right side of cockpit in this example .... but on "left" when facing ??? Too esoteric ??? :

So that's why my name tag looks okay to me when I glance down at it, but everyone else says it upside down...ahhhh yes. :eek:

Esoteric, no...eclectic, yes!! :)

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I like phrog's original white, but how about this little tweak that puts it in line with the AW banner...
phroggonemarinecorpstv8.jpg

MS Paint... so it's really crummy, but I hope it gives a rough draft of what I'm talking about...

phrogpilot73

A little to colorful for my taste.
I like the idea - especially trying to mimic the banner... However, if you put in the red - now it's a 5 color sticker, vice 4. I also think the blue/green and red compete. If we wanted to go with Red letters, I would suggest a much darker red, and no blue/green contrail...

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

If we're going to go that route, we need to have the Aircrewmen wings completely reversed, since they're facing backward. ;) Or perhaps the NFO wings could be a side-view, since that's how they'd look in the back of a Hummer.

Smiles in effect.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
And what is everyone's "reluctance" to put ".com" on the sticker..

Reason:

webmaster said:
I like the idea of not having .com, just something that if you know what it means, then so be it. I don't particularly care to use it as an advertisement, I think the site does just fine by word of mouth.

Personally, I wouldn't mind it either way..but then again, I don't own this site. :p

East

东部
Contributor
If we're going to go that route, we need to have the Aircrewmen wings completely reversed, since they're facing backward. ;) Or perhaps the NFO wings could be a side-view, since that's how they'd look in the back of a Hummer.

Smiles in effect.

...... ooh no the FE right behind the Pilot and NFOs way in the back for P-3 and E-6...and Pilot and Aircrew sans NFO for COD'd and rotorheads...this is going nowhere.

Smiles in effect here,:sleep_125 too