• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Automobile to Newport?

lg106

BRING YOUR POV, trust me it is worth it, especially if you are a SWO and are going to SWOS Intro after OCS!As for the above, a head lamp is a great investment, I use magic sizing on the inside of all my uniforms, it makes them look a lot sharper, depends on your preference.

priceless529

this might be a stupid question, everyone says that if you keep stuff in your car, you can get it when you go on your first POV run, but doesn't someone notice if you're sneaking things in?

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
this might be a stupid question, everyone says that if you keep stuff in your car, you can get it when you go on your first POV run, but doesn't someone notice if you're sneaking things in?

You are allowed to bring things in as long as they are authorized items. If you're caught trying to bring in a 30 pack of Snickers and your favorite stuffed animal then you might have some problems.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor

I and many other in my class brought back unauthorized items from our POV runs, our bags were never checked. The Candios usually take you on the POV run and most of them don't care anyway. However, do it at your own risk. If you do get caught, stand by.

Travis2688

I guess the best advice I have been given on the subject is ''no advice''...I've been told every class and every DI is different.. There is no set list of do's and don'ts...It all just depends on your class and your Instructors..

I have talked to be people that went to AOCS back in the day, and people that graduated just a few months ago, they all said the same thing...which was basically nothing.. Ha Ha.. they said it's something that I (along with everyone else) would have to figure out on my own...

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
Just to clear something up...as of like 4 weeks ago, they eliminated "POV runs." You bring your lucky bag inside with you, they stash it in a hatch and lock the door so no one gets into it. They still do those nice NEX runs though..

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Just to clear something up...as of like 4 weeks ago, they eliminated "POV runs." You bring your lucky bag inside with you, they stash it in a hatch and lock the door so no one gets into it. They still do those nice NEX runs though..

That. Sucks. Oh well.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
So I guess it only makes sense to take a car to OCS if you live within a reasonable distance to Rhode Island... why take a car all the way from CA? Haha... unless you want to donate it to your DI as a graduation present... jk!

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
So I guess it only makes sense to take a car to OCS if you live within a reasonable distance to Rhode Island... why take a car all the way from CA? Haha... unless you want to donate it to your DI as a graduation present... jk!

You drive because you can make some money doing it. At least I know I did.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.

Anyone else confirm this? I was planning on driving from CA but I may have to reconsider now.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Anyone else confirm this? I was planning on driving from CA but I may have to reconsider now.

Bring it. A) They pay you for your travel. From CA, that's 5 days plus mileage. You'll make money unless you drive a dually F350 B) When you do get liberty, you'll have that much more freedom. Unless you don't have one, there's no reason not to bring it.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Oh wow... good to know all of this stuff... besides, I'm sure it would be an awesome drive from CA to Rhode Island...

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Ok good to know. I was going to throw my motorcycle in the back of my silverado too, anyone know a good storage I can throw the bike in when I arrive?