• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Automobile to Newport?

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
aye, thanks. Im sure it will be thoroughly explained when the time comes, appreciate it.

pmasters

My OCS date is early June 2010... so I don't think my candy stands a snowball's chance in hell (that analogy has never been more appropriate) of staying un-melted. Thanks for the advice, I will segregate my sweets on the basis of milk chocolate, dark chocolate, the presence of nuts, ect. Perhaps I'll stash some water to mix the chocolate goo with for easy consumption.

If I lined my trunk with whatever material they put in coolers and completely filled it with ice packs and candy, how long do you think that would last?

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
How does the reimbursement for travel work? Just wondering since my truck gets around 15-MPG on the freeway...

Also do you need to get the vehicle registered in RI or not since it is on a base?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Usually you get X amount of dollars for each mile you drive and X amount of dollars for each day. When you report you will have an admin brief and they will help you fill out a travel claim. You won't see your money for at least a month or two...plan ahead.

You don't have to register your car in RI, just tell the guys at the gate you are reporting for OCS/NSI (whatever) and they will show you where to obtain the proper base decals.

joshuaphill822

FY10 NFO selectee
How does the reimbursement for travel work? Just wondering since my truck gets around 15-MPG on the freeway...

I'm working on my transfer package now and came across your question.

The current Mileage allowance in lieu of transportation (MALT) rate is $0.24 per mile plus the flat rate per diem of $109 per day for the number of travel days authorized. Take as many days travel as your authorized and don't check in early if you want to get all your money.

blarged

ready
I'm working on my transfer package now and came across your question.

The current Mileage allowance in lieu of transportation (MALT) rate is $0.24 per mile plus the flat rate per diem of $109 per day for the number of travel days authorized. Take as many days travel as your authorized and don't check in early if you want to get all your money.

That seems awfully low ...

I was curious so I looked it up. It looks to me that for TDY:

• Car -- $0.55 per mile
  • Motorcycle -- $0.52 per mile
  • Airplane -- $1.24 per mile
And for PCS

• Car -- $0.24 per mile per car
Info from: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/travelpay/a/travel.-v1l.htm

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Thanks for all the responses. Basically i'm getting that bringing the beast is still worth it.

Well if anyone is heading out around July 2010, hit me up.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
the gate guards will rape you if you have tinted windows.