• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

intelkw

"Primary" Alternate for SNA

6/7/8 50
2.7 GPA Aviation Management & Flight Operations
650+ Flight hours
Commercial Single/Multi-Engine
CFI, CFII, MEI
Two "10" interviews from O-5's
All that community service and other resume fluff

Congrats to all the selects! And a special thanks to Millsra13 for keeping everyone posted. Here is to hoping some of you guys give up your slot for us alternates! For our sake, please let your OR know if you aren't planning on taking it.

Anyone know if the primary alternate list is ranked? There has got to be a ranking system...

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
What someone can do is take a trip down to their respective recruiter's office and ask to see the selection list of everyone selected.

ncap86

Haven't heard anything yet, called my recruiter and got his voicemail. Guess he has gone home for the day, so ill probably have to wait until tomorrow. Gonna be a long night....

ruby416

It's not in the 1420, I almost didn't include it in my package but the processor here told me about it. NPC is broken down into different "departments", Pers 43 is the aviation department, not sure what supply is, but I'm sure it would be fairly easy to figure out once you're on the NPC site. Yes, I would call the community manager if no other number is listed for supply. They will probably refer you to a civilian to take care of it.
I checked each community's requirement. Yes for Pilot and SNA they require age waivers and there actually the address and POC to obtain it. For Supply there says waiver is required but did not say has to obtain in advance. I will call the community manager tomorrow (not very excited to call a Captain since I am an E-3><)..... Thank you again for the info!

Sonog

pilot
Congrats to everyone selected

non-select
7/6/8 59
2.6 gpa bio-engineering

I'm hoping for another board within a year, and I'll be able to update my package with flight hours, grad school grades and info, new work and positions of responsibility, and I'll definitely be able to improve my ASTB. I'll look to set up interviews with Navy Officers if at all possible as well.

I'm 3.5 months from my 25th birthday, and I have not yet begun to fight.

ruby416

Congrats to everyone selected

non-select
7/6/8 59
2.6 gpa bio-engineering

I'm hoping for another board within a year, and I'll be able to update my package with flight hours, grad school grades and info, new work and positions of responsibility, and I'll definitely be able to improve my ASTB. I'll look to set up interviews with Navy Officers if at all possible as well.

I'm 3.5 months from my 25th birthday, and I have not yet begun to fight.
I love the positive attitude!!!!:)

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I will obviously wait to hear from my OR, but since this situation isn't too common, what does happen? Are you automatically accepted again? My OR was careful to note that when the board happened (a little less than a year ago) I was accepted at that time.

I'm not sure if you're automatically accepted again, but I believe the protocol is for them to take every single piece of paper that they have on you and review it with a special panel of selection officers. That's what they did for me, but it might be on a case-by-case basis. I felt bad for my recruiter because he had two of us going in for reconsideration due to problems after pro-rec; he's definitely earned his pay with us.

non select..
To all the people who said gpa and scores wasnt everything, I now 100% completely disagree with you.. It is all about GPA and scores..I had everything outstanding, extracuriculars to evals, interviews to prt scores, volunteer activities to CO recommendation. GPA and ASTB scores werent on par with some of the rest, and i have to think that is the only reason.. Very bitter here..
This was a real blow to me as it was my only shot to be pilot due to my age and was the reason i enlisted with a degree 3 years ago.. Very upset..Is there an appeal process? Is the NFO board really taking place in October?

Honestly dude, I had a lower GPA than you with numerous failed classes on my transcripts and my scores were good but not great. The whole man philosophy is definitely in play, and no doubt that they'll pick you up on the next go 'round. Just keep your chin up and don't give in to the bitterness. I was denied 7 times before I got my pro-rec and had all the reason in the world to be bitter and give up, but I didn't and pulled it out in the end. Stick around the boards and show that you're still working hard and it'll work out.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Still no word yet from my OR.. but it looks likes a lot of people have higher ASTB scores.. mine were 7 7 6 58.. hopefully that didn't hinder me.. UHg the wait!

Hang in there, Eagle!

I was a non-select, which stings a little since one of the people in my NRD that got selected was someone that I helped out with their package (damn you, egd33), but I was half expecting it, given my stats in comparison to many others on here, the number of applicants, and the fact that this was my first time applying. I just turned 25 in August though, so I think I still have time for one or two more boards before I can't apply anymore for being too old. To quote someone earlier in this page: "I have only yet begun to fight". The good news is that this will give me an excuse to start volunteering at the local animal shelter again. Walking dogs is funnnnnn. Congrats to all those selected! I hope you all like geese poop! (if you don't get that, you'll find out when you get to Newport).

Also a big thanks and congrats to Millsra for his service and contribution to this thread. For someone to be an inside man for all of us on his own accord is a true mark of a good man (I really hope you are a guy after saying that...). I wish you nothing but the best of luck and have great hopes for you and the other selects. Make us proud :)

dotonfire

I'm a longtime lurker and I just received the word that I was pro-rec'd for SNA, so I thought I should sign up here. Congrats to the selects, I'm excited to serve with you and good luck to everyone else, keep following your dreams and never lose sight of them!

dejalon

I'm also new to the forum, but found out yesterday I was pro-rec'd for SNA!
My stats were 6/7/8 54
3.38 Aviation Technology- Purdue University
Volunteer activities in student leadership as well as an ESL Tutor in Indianapolis.
Spanish and French language proficiency (I've heard foreign language skills help?)
Four LORs...(former employers, community leaders, an O-4, and U.S. Senator.)
Currently a pilot for a regional airline.

Congrats to everyone who was selected! Can't wait to serve.
To those who weren't, I was non-select for the Coast Guard when I first graduated from school; I know how much it stings. I found that the Navy really was everything I was looking for and seemed like a great fit. When I submitted my package I doubled down on trying to make it as strong as possible. I know you will too!

Sherman

FYI: Anyone who didn't go for pilot.

The list that was released only contained pilot, EOD, and AMDO.

My OR said that the list for EDO, Seals, Supply, and whatever else prolly will be released come October, considering the start of the fiscal year.

Pilotman87

Long-time lurker, but figured I'd chime in. I am out of NRD New England (Portland, ME), and actually had a meeting this morning with my OR's staff about setting up the physical. They got the info last night, so you NE guys can call now. I was selected as an alternate out of this board

24/m
3.76 BA Political Science Univ. of Southern Maine
6/7/7 52
300+ flight hrs Private and Instrument (finishing up commercial in the next 2 weeks
7 LOR's, former employers, Civil Air Patrol Sq. commander. and my US House Rep
1 Interview, O-6, all 10's
1LT Civil Air Patrol - Safety Officer
Employee Engagement Committee Captain (Volunteer organization at work)

Hoping to up the ASTB as I didn't have much time to study the first time I took it. I also want to add some good grad school grades in and hopefully finish up my commercial and get the CFII rating in the near future.

As a side note, does anyone have any idea about the truth of converting alternate to a pro-rec? Does that mean that next board (whenever there is one) that the alternates might be the top of the list now that all the higher quality applicants have been selected (pending a massive influx of consistently higher quality apps does not get newly submitted)? I am trying to look at it positively, as I was good, but unfortunately just missed the cut... I look forward to being able to bring up some of the low points as well as add some new "good stuff" to the packet for the next board!