• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

mjv305

ENS SNA
I'm not sure if you're automatically accepted again, but I believe the protocol is for them to take every single piece of paper that they have on you and review it with a special panel of selection officers. That's what they did for me, but it might be on a case-by-case basis. I felt bad for my recruiter because he had two of us going in for reconsideration due to problems after pro-rec; he's definitely earned his pay with us.

Honestly dude, I had a lower GPA than you with numerous failed classes on my transcripts and my scores were good but not great. The whole man philosophy is definitely in play, and no doubt that they'll pick you up on the next go 'round. Just keep your chin up and don't give in to the bitterness. I was denied 7 times before I got my pro-rec and had all the reason in the world to be bitter and give up, but I didn't and pulled it out in the end. Stick around the boards and show that you're still working hard and it'll work out.

This was my one shot at pilot as i am active duty and will be too old for the next go around....Basically, they made me give up.. They just screwed one of their own..

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
This was my one shot at pilot as i am active duty and will be too old for the next go around....Basically, they made me give up.. They just screwed one of their own..

First, they haven't screwed anyone. The board must feel they have better qualified candidates than you at this point in time. Remember these men/women are doing their service to their country as well. They are trying to pick the individuals they feel will best lead the Navy into the future. So you didn't get picked up for NA but neither did I. Everything I did to this point was driven towards becoming a NA. Now I am sitting here with a FS for NFO. Instead of being bitter why don't you look at yourself and ask what is the most important thing for you? I had to do this and after settling down I realized being a Naval Officer and ultimately a NFO is a fantastic opportunity. A opportunity so fantastic I can only hope to become one in the future. So my advice is to stop blaming others, your stats, etc... quit reacting emotionally to this and start using your head. It sucks... I know but you need to start looking at your other alternatives. Good Luck to you in the future.

shutout39

pilot
Long-time lurker, but figured I'd chime in. I am out of NRD New England (Portland, ME), and actually had a meeting this morning with my OR's staff about setting up the physical. They got the info last night, so you NE guys can call now. I was selected as an alternate out of this board

This is killing me. Results have been out for over 24 hours now and I can't get a hold of anyone at NRD New England.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor

I'll be honest, I wouldn't want someone with this attitude serving with me in the fleet. You're quick to blame the Navy for YOUR failure. The only thing all of your failures have in common is YOU. If you're this quick to blame the Navy for your shortcomings, I would hate to see what happens when your division can't perform, or when you have to eject because of a mistake you made. You would be the first person to cover your ass, instead of admitting to your mistakes.

Own up to the fact that maybe you just weren't good enough this time around. If you truly want to be a Naval officer, there are other options for you, SWO, NFO, Supp-O. If you want to be a pilot, consider flying for the Army, their age requirements aren't as low as the Navy's. Explore your options, accept the blame, and move on with your life instead of living in the pity party.

Furthermore, grades aren't everything. Like some of the other people on this board, Sooner and AllAmerican . . . I had some shitty grades on my transcript, a few failures, and a low GPA (3.0 in a pretty damn easy subject). But you know what, I made my package stronger through volunteer work, community involvement, and leadership opportunities. I made myself out to be the best damn candidate for a Naval Officer in my motivational statement. My point is this. . .if your best wasn't good enough, get better.

Pro Rec!

Hey everyone, I've been stalking this thread since page 17 and got the thumbs up from my recruiter this afternoon. I started this process in Feb 2010 and I can't tell you how happy and relieved I am right now. Here are my stats:

25/M - 65 7/8/8
3.3 University of Florida - BS Economics and International Relations
5 LOR's - 2 Army Colonels; 1 retired, 1 currently working with SOCOM, Congressman, Priest, Lawyer
Various extra curriculars, international internships, etc.

This was my second time at the boards and I would like to think my statement added some points.

Thanks Millsra for all the insider info and CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL PRO RECS!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL HOPEFULS!!! I've wanted this all my life and can't wait to buy you all a round in Newport!!
Hey, I've been waiting to hear back on my results also; however, I was curious which recruiter you have (as I just graduated from UF a few months ago). Wondering if we have the same recruiter and your results are in, mine may be as well. Much Thanks.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I'll be honest, I wouldn't want someone with this attitude serving with me in the fleet. You're quick to blame the Navy for YOUR failure. The only thing all of your failures have in common is YOU. If you're this quick to blame the Navy for your shortcomings, I would hate to see what happens when your division can't perform, or when you have to eject because of a mistake you made. You would be the first person to cover your ass, instead of admitting to your mistakes.

Own up to the fact that maybe you just weren't good enough this time around. If you truly want to be a Naval officer, there are other options for you, SWO, NFO, Supp-O. If you want to be a pilot, consider flying for the Army, their age requirements aren't as low as the Navy's. Explore your options, accept the blame, and move on with your life instead of living in the pity party.

Furthermore, grades aren't everything. Like some of the other people on this board, Sooner and AllAmerican . . . I had some shitty grades on my transcript, a few failures, and a low GPA (3.0 in a pretty damn easy subject). But you know what, I made my package stronger through volunteer work, community involvement, and leadership opportunities. I made myself out to be the best damn candidate for a Naval Officer in my motivational statement. My point is this. . .if your best wasn't good enough, get better.

Well said!

rbwill2

Non-select

First applied in Dec 2008 with 3.2 GPA in Finance and 6/6/7 ASTB. Non-select in May 2009. Retook ASTB and added strong LORs but was told I couldn't reapply. Applied Marines in June 2009. Their one spot was mine for Dec 2009 but was slashed in Oct.

Re-applied SNA in Feb 2011. Found out today non-select. Unfortunately, many of my additions from my original application (completely revamped moto stmt, much stronger LORs) somehow were omitted from my app.

Really looking for the bright side on this one. Anyone got anything for me? I turn 27 in July so in all honesty this was my last shot. Have everything in with the Army (Application, MEPS, background check, LORs...) and giving my recruiter the green light to send it all in. NOT applying pilot, going GI Joe.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
It's a ghost town at my NRD.. Rediculous. Does anyone feel comfortable with asking their recruiter to check my name ;)

Tell them it's Eaglei22 with an i :) thank you.

Srp7286

Non-Select,

Spoke to my new recruiter (now my 3rd). Apparently I wasn't allowed to apply until Feb. 2012 anyway....I was previously accepted (NFO) but my pro-rec expired due to not getting proper documentation for a leg issue I was having. Got the proper documentation from a active-duty Navy doc, congrats to all those accepted.

SDPilot6

Millsra are you still out there or half way to Rhode Island already?

I wanted to see if you could shed some light on the alternate list. I was told by my OR that there are 25 or so names on the list and they may start picking off that list after the October 24th deadline for you lucky Pro-Rec'd folks. I don't know if I'm first or last, but do you know anything about the rationale behind the number of alternates they selected or if it's just an arbitrary (and large?) number? Basically I've heard nothing about alternates for SNA in the past so just looking for any ideas.

Thanks for all your help in this LONG process and it's awesome to hear you got picked up, congrats!!

Congrats to everyone else, but I'm sure you don't want to be Naval Aviators, you might as well just tell your ORs no today!! ;)

Stalin

Really looking for the bright side on this one. Anyone got anything for me?.
It's hard, but things will work out for you if you keep trying. My dad got his 29th (out of 30th) choice airframe in the Air Force but ended up loving the plane and its mission (KC-135Q, refueled Blackbirds, good lifestyle with that airframe.) He tried to switch to the KC-10 but was denied. That switch would have added a year to his commitment, meaning he'd be a Captain for Delta Air Lines flying MD-88s instead of a Captain flying 757s/767s. Had he got with United Airlines (his first choice airline) he'd be furloughed from 9/11.

My point is it may be 30 years before you know if you dodged a bullet, maybe you'll never know. Things in life sometimes happen for a reason, and you will have a promising future if you continue to strive for excellence. You may not fly in the Navy, but maybe you will for the Army and absolutely love it. I had a short great time in the Army.

Good luck! Sorry my "bright side" isn't really comforting now, but I'm sure it'll work out for you in the end :)

mjv305

ENS SNA

Can i vent without having a jackass like yourself try and drop knowledge...

Im not a big fan either of just an N for the status. I would like some kind of a reason..Maybe they didnt have an opening for me to go to OCS before i hit 29?
And i wasnt talking before about an appeal, on the 1420.1b instruction there is a way to apply for a reconsideration within 6 months.. Anybody know anything about that?

Srp7286

Can i vent without having a jackass like yourself try and drop knowledge...

Im not a big fan either of just an N for the status. I would like some kind of a reason..Maybe they didnt have an opening for me to go to OCS before i hit 29?
And i wasnt talking before about an appeal, on the 1420.1b instruction there is a way to apply for a reconsideration within 6 months.. Anybody know anything about that?

I know it has to be an outstanding change to your package I believe, as in a new test score.