• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 09 Boards

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
Sweet dude! Congratulations.

Does anyone know the specifics regarding being "cleared" by MEPS and how that works with having LASIK? Should I be expecting having to request a Navy specific waiver in the near future before my Final Selection?

FLY NAVY!

You are cleared by MEPS and then have to be cleared by OOM.

frealis

Also, according to Navy regs for aviation, NA/FO evidently maintain the same age restrictions meaning that 27 is the cut off. However, a waiver is available for OCS candidates (during the aviation physical conducted in Newport), but it appears to be at the disgression of NAVAIR.

Well that officially sucks. I turn 27 next next month. And this guy didn't get a waiver: http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146577

I thought the age limit for NFO was 29, wonder why they changed it

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Well that officially sucks. I turn 27 next next month. And this guy didn't get a waiver: http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146577

I thought the age limit for NFO was 29, wonder why they changed it

I just read that as well and posted to the thread asking if anyone has any advice or information concerning a waiver.

I was told by NAMI and a few pilots from some various communities which I have spoke with that the Navy is currently aching for FOs. I don't know if this will give us any added advantage with getting a FS in aviation though.

Who knows right? You just have to take it in stride I guess...

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Also, regarding the FO deal, I was told a month and change ago-by a current FO-that the age requirement was that the applicant be commissioned by the last day of their 27th birthday. This FO was serving as a recruiter as well so I took his words with some weight.

That does read as I typed it.

Again though, if you read the guidelines from NAVAIR, it says commissioned by 27 for both NA and FO. I don't get it.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
Great, so I should expect more paperwork to complete...

I am guessing this is the correct assumption?

Not necessarily more paper work, but with your LASIK, it might be the case. What did MEPS do about your LASIK?

I go redo my medical on Saturday because OOM said my form was too OLD. That was the only items holding me up. Apparently they did not have any other issues except the form being too old (Nine months old). Well see when I resend it.

Good Luck to everyone FLY NAVY!

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
Also, regarding the FO deal, I was told a month and change ago-by a current FO-that the age requirement was that the applicant be commissioned by the last day of their 27th birthday. This FO was serving as a recruiter as well so I took his words with some weight.

Again though, if you read the guidelines from NAVAIR, it says commissioned by 27 for both NA and FO. I don't get it.

Who knows bro... The wording is never exact....!

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Not necessarily more paper work, but with your LASIK, it might be the case. What did MEPS do about your LASIK?

I go redo my medical on Saturday because OOM said my form was too OLD. That was the only items holding me up. Apparently they did not have any other issues except the form being too old (Nine months old). Well see when I resend it.

Good Luck to everyone FLY NAVY!

You are definitely going to have to keep us posted. Good luck dude!

They said I was squared away and good to go. I did my PRT that afternoon since I was cleared.

99 curl ups
83 push ups
9.03 run

I hope that is evidence enough that I am not getting "too old". :D

AV, any other feedback regarding your age? Did they give you any indicators?

SWOHopeful

They said I was squared away and good to go. I did my PRT that afternoon since I was cleared.

99 curl ups
83 push ups
9.03 run

Wow you blew me out the park...

frealis

Yeah not quite sure what he meant by "the last day of your 27th birthday". Unless your birthday has several days within itself. Maybe he meant the day before you turn 28? Who knows.

Anyways, the bills are stacking up and I've been putting off other options while waiting for this. If I get shit-canned I'll keep applying to the next board, and the next one, and the next one, but I'm going to have to prepare pharmacy and grad school applications for next year in the meantime.

But I'm still hopeful.

99 curl ups
83 push ups
9.03 run

Damn dude!

Viashino684

Final Select SNA

99 curl ups
83 push ups
9.03 run

Yeah thats a hell of a PRT. Your run also blew me away lol, I stopped push ups at like 55 since I was already passed the mark haha

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Yeah thats a hell of a PRT. Your run also blew me away lol, I stopped push ups at like 55 since I was already passed the mark haha

All good =D It's just good to have that squared away if I need to counter with being physically up to snuff despite age.

frealis said:
Yeah not quite sure what he meant by "the last day of your 27th birthday". Unless your birthday has several days within itself. Maybe he meant the day before you turn 28? Who knows.

Anyways, the bills are stacking up and I've been putting off other options while waiting for this. If I get shit-canned I'll keep applying to the next board, and the next one, and the next one, but I'm going to have to prepare pharmacy and grad school applications for next year in the meantime.

I asked the same thing and he explained that it was the last day you are 27.

Are you going to apply for other designators or just fight it tooth and nail?

Whatever, this is going to be one of those things where we just have to play it as it comes.

frealis said:
But I'm still hopeful.

As am I.

FLY NAVY

Calculon

It's Calculon! Hit the deck!
Sweet dude! Congratulations.

Does anyone know the specifics regarding being "cleared" by MEPS and how that works with having LASIK? Should I be expecting having to request a Navy specific waiver in the near future before my Final Selection?

FLY NAVY!

As I understand it, your documents are forwarded to BUMED where they review it and give you an OK to get a FS and go to OCS.

Then at OCS you get another physical to okay you for OCS and your designator

Then you go to NAMI for your final physical, hence the whammy..