• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 08 Boards

jkelly21

Chances of Selection

I am planning on submitting for NROTC board, my stats are below:
SAT: Math: 800, Critical Reading: 730, Writing: 710
I get solid grades on average of A's and B's.
I have lived in four different countries, USA, Kenya, Cambodia and Tanzania and have participated in varsity basketball 9th-12th Grade, Varsity Soccer, 9th-10th. Varsity Volleyball: 9th-10th. I have participated in community service activities all throughout high school and am the president of a community service at my school in Tanzania. I have participated in two MUN conferences, the THIMUN Conference in the Hague, and the TAIMUN Conference in Taiwan. I was the ambassador at the Hague. I am an Eagle Scout and Brotherhood Member of the Order of the Arrow and have also been nominated for the BSA Heroism Award

If anyone has any extra information they think that I should do, or add, please let me know so I can make my application as solid as possible. Also can anyone guess my application chances of being selected.
Thank You

BullGator

I am planning on submitting for NROTC board, my stats are below:
SAT: Math: 800, Critical Reading: 730, Writing: 710
I get solid grades on average of A's and B's.
I have lived in four different countries, USA, Kenya, Cambodia and Tanzania and have participated in varsity basketball 9th-12th Grade, Varsity Soccer, 9th-10th. Varsity Volleyball: 9th-10th. I have participated in community service activities all throughout high school and am the president of a community service at my school in Tanzania. I have participated in two MUN conferences, the THIMUN Conference in the Hague, and the TAIMUN Conference in Taiwan. I was the ambassador at the Hague. I am an Eagle Scout and Brotherhood Member of the Order of the Arrow and have also been nominated for the BSA Heroism Award

If anyone has any extra information they think that I should do, or add, please let me know so I can make my application as solid as possible. Also can anyone guess my application chances of being selected.
Thank You
I think you have great merits. But I know nothing about ROTC. Just apply, I'm sure you'll be a strong candidate.

Have you heard of the BDCP program? If you don't get in ROTC, try this out (sophmore/junior range). They pay you to go to school (E-6 pay I believe). It is very competitive, but sounds sweet.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
I think you have great merits. But I know nothing about ROTC. Just apply, I'm sure you'll be a strong candidate.

Have you heard of the BDCP program? If you don't get in ROTC, try this out (sophmore/junior range). They pay you to go to school (E-6 pay I believe). It is very competitive, but sounds sweet.

E-3 Pay, plus all of the goodies (BAH, BAS, Med/Dent Insurance, etc.) and you have the opportunity to get promoted to E-4 or E-5 pay, depending on grades and refer a friend type situations.

If you are going for a technical degree you will be eligible to apply for BDCP starting your sophomore year, so that is a possibility. I also suggest you look into the NUPOC program. There are a bunch of things out there besides NROTC, look at them all.

What do you want to do in the Navy? This is really going to be your starting place for these programs.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Final select! I'm getting sworn in next Thursday and my class date is June 28th, 2009. I can't believe I actually went through with the application process. It's exciting and scary.

Congrats man! When does your pay start? I am trying to figure out when I can expect my pay to start.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
My OR told me I won't see anything until november most likely and I swore in last week

Did he say how far back your back pay would go to? My OR keeps saying that I will get back pay starting the day I was selected, but I am not quite sure about it... want to get inputs from those who are ahead of me.

Lobster

Did he say how far back your back pay would go to? My OR keeps saying that I will get back pay starting the day I was selected, but I am not quite sure about it... want to get inputs from those who are ahead of me.

Well he had me come down before the first of the month to swear in and I think he mentioned something about getting paid for sept but I doubt it will happen, probably just for oct.

BullGator

It would have been nice to know about the BDCP program (or AW for that matter) when I was in school. Oh well, sounds sweet for you guys.

BadgerNavy

Stiiiiiiiiill waiting on that final select letter and OCS date, although I'm told that it should happen by the end of the week. Woo hoo end of fiscal year delays! Trying to not let it bum me out too much...

JT, am I correct that you're headed to Newport very soon? Kill it while you're out there!

Lobster

It would have been nice to know about the BDCP program (or AW for that matter) when I was in school. Oh well, sounds sweet for you guys.

I had no idea about it either, I was signing up in the career and counciling services office here at school for my community service and was lucky enough to stumble upon a flyer for it and a bunch of fly navy stickers, lucky me though :p