• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 08 Boards

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
September Here I come...

So after filling out a bunch of paperwork (Right in the middle of my Officer Application that earth quake hit and the entire building swayed for about 20 seconds... not a good sign) and getting all of my I's dotted and T's crossed, my recruiter informed me that I needed to have my SAT scores, which was news to me. I placed an order, and get this, I paid $40 to have them rush ordered, which will still take 2 - 4 weeks; 6 - 8 weeks is standard delivery. I also didn't know that I have to have my transcripts from my other colleges, so those got ordered as well.

Just to clear something up, the Government's 2009 fiscal year (FY) starts October 1, 2008 and goes through September 31, 2009. Everyone applying for OCS right now is going for FY09 slots, everyone for BDCP is going for FY10 slots.

Supply boards meet on the 30th of August and I believe that everything else meets on the 15th. Good luck everyone, I will probably be posting a September 08 Boards post when it gets closer.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
...my recruiter informed me that I needed to have my SAT scores, which was news to me. I placed an order, and get this, I paid $40 to have them rush ordered, which will still take 2 - 4 weeks...

I had to track down my ACT scores, but I found them at my high school guidance counselor's office. (And I graduated HS 8 years ago!) They should have them on file. Also, try the registrar from your colleges; some of them may release your scores...

Lobster

Yeah, try and get out of paying that $40 if you can, its not worth it. They don't even guarantee that they can find them. Just see if your high school has them, they should still have them on file.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Im Stupid

I didn't even think about asking my High School to see if they had a copy. I don't really see why the SAT scores are even needed, I know what I got, and I was even able to show my recruiter, but he said that for BDCP I needed to have them. I already paid the $40, my recruiter was standing behind me when I did it, so I felt obligated to do it... I will gladly pay what ever as long as it gets me in the Navy, especially if it gets me BDCP.

Anybody apply for BDCP yet? What is the process like? If I don't get selected for BDCP will they still look at my application as a non-BDCP select, and give me an OCS date after my graduation date? Or will I only be looked at for BDCP slots?

Anybody going to LA MEPS not this Monday, but the Monday afterwards?

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
I didn't even think about asking my High School to see if they had a copy. I don't really see why the SAT scores are even needed, I know what I got, and I was even able to show my recruiter, but he said that for BDCP I needed to have them. I already paid the $40, my recruiter was standing behind me when I did it, so I felt obligated to do it... I will gladly pay what ever as long as it gets me in the Navy, especially if it gets me BDCP.

Anybody apply for BDCP yet? What is the process like? If I don't get selected for BDCP will they still look at my application as a non-BDCP select, and give me an OCS date after my graduation date? Or will I only be looked at for BDCP slots?

I didn't have official copies of my SAT scores. But if your recruiter wanted you to do it, you made the right choice. $40 is a drop in the bucket compared to BDCP pay.

AFAIK, you're applying only for BDCP, not for a straight shot to OCS. But I applied too far out for straight to OCS, so I don't know for sure.

FDX

It's mind games!

If you get turned down for BDCP you will have to re-apply for OCS. They are separate designators and thus, separate programs. As for the SAT scores...that sux. I never took the SAT's so when I applied for BDCP I just wrote a letter saying that I never took them. Good luck.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Officer Interviews

Thanks everyone for your support, I figured that BDCP and OCS were diferent since the designators are semi different (BDCP designators all have a 7 attached at the end). I am about 16 months away from graduating, so I know I am qualified for both OCS and BDCP, but I guess I will find out after I submit and get my results back.

Does anybody know the form that is used for Officer Interviews? My recruiter sent me an email saying he attached the form, however, there was nothing attached and now he is on leave for the entire month of August. If anyone can help I would appreciate it because I am scheduling interviews for next week.

Lobster

Thanks everyone for your support, I figured that BDCP and OCS were diferent since the designators are semi different (BDCP designators all have a 7 attached at the end). I am about 16 months away from graduating, so I know I am qualified for both OCS and BDCP, but I guess I will find out after I submit and get my results back.

Does anybody know the form that is used for Officer Interviews? My recruiter sent me an email saying he attached the form, however, there was nothing attached and now he is on leave for the entire month of August. If anyone can help I would appreciate it because I am scheduling interviews for next week.

I know which form you're talking about if I talk to my OR next week I can see if he'll email it to me and I'll forward it to you, PM me. My recruiter was going to make me use those for my Officer LOR's as well but just had them write acutual LOR's instead, said it didn't matter, and I felt better with them writing and actual letter rather than filling out a form.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
They do not post the results publicly. Officer recruiters can view the results however.

Lobster

And time seems to stay at a stand still if you're up for the board that month and waiting to hear a yes or no answer haha.

Piacevole

applying BDCP for 1) supply 2) intel 3) NFO

21 yo female, non-prior, graduating May '09
major: management/marketing
minor: Italian
GPA: 4.0
SAT: 1290
ASTB: 7/7/8 60
LORs from two peers who have worked with me in and out of class, one prof who is a former army officer, and my advisor
PRT: 30 PU, 90 SU, 10:56 1.5 mile
Extras: sorority, business fraternity, DJ at college radio station, Crossfit

I did MEPS last week and my PRT this morning. It's nice to be done and finally post my stats up here. This board has been really helpful, so thanks to everybody, and good luck to those waiting on the August boards.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Seriously, that is pretty impressive. With scores that good why aren't you going for SNA instead of SNFO? I guess it is better for the rest of us that are applying for SNA that you are not apart of our selection board (it also is a bummer for me that you are apart of my Supply Selection Board).

The form i was talking about above, I think it is NAVCRUIT 1131/5, but I am not sure, so Kurtzie21, if you can confirm this I would appreciate it. I also don't want to go into an interview and hand the Captain or LCDR a wrong form, that would not be a good start.

Piacevole

Seriously, that is pretty impressive. With scores that good why aren't you going for SNA instead of SNFO? I guess it is better for the rest of us that are applying for SNA that you are not apart of our selection board (it also is a bummer for me that you are apart of my Supply Selection Board).

I've never flown and I know nothing about aviation. I got those scores purely from studying, and they were decent enough that I decided for kicks to put down NFO as my third choice. But don't get me wrong, if I get selected for NFO and nothing else I will definitely take it. Thanks for the positive feedback guys.