• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Prep Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTP

Is it just sentence comprehension, or is it paragraph also? I really can't remember. Is there any of that Data Comprehension? I want to say I remember some tables and graohs to interpret, but I'm not to sure.
icon_smile_question.gif

GO DAWGS!!

Yukon

JTP:

To answer your question on which test(1 or 2) resembles the Marine prep. Test 2 resembles the marine prep the most. From what I understand several of the same exact math questions are on form 2, and according to others the aviation and mechanical sections are balls on, question for question. Two weeks ago I took form 1 and many of the math questions were darn near identical just different numbers and scenarios in the questions. The aviation section was almost identical to the prep aside from maybe a few questions. Lastly the mechanical section questions were not to the letter as test 2 are. Although the questions were different than the prep they utilized the same concepts. So know the prep and you should do fine.

JTP

Hey Yukon, thanks for the heads up. I'm going to try and take this bastard again on Wed., any more info or study tips for Form 1 you want to pass on?

J. Tyler Pate

GO DAWGS!

rhollin1

Does anyone know of a site that works out the problems in the Marine ASTB Prep Test?

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

cman

Never heard of one, but I'll tell you this: You'll be better off working the prep out for yourself.

NuSnake

That was the best help for me in studying for the ASTB, I talked to the Marines first and they gave me the sudt guide, but then I talked to the Navy and took the test through them, so it worked out well.

chelu55

Im studying also for the ASTB. Math and Mechanical comp. are my strong points. However, never really been good at reading comp. Is ARCO the best bet for a refresher. I didnt see any study guides for the reading comp. section in this website. Just wondering if there are any study guides for the reading part floating around somewhere.

aiguo

I just took the ASTB last month--the computer version. I had worked through the ARCO book; the reading comprehension on the test was a little different, i.e., some passages were only a sentence or two long, but the ARCO book was good practice, I would recommend it. Also, you might look at some SAT or ACT prep books, as they usually have sections on reading comprehension. Hope this helps--good luck!!

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
And it's 2003 all over again. Threadlocked to preserve the time-space continuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.