• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

brogdawg32

Just hitting the gym and waiting for the 28th....not much else to do at this point!

I'm starting to feel so tiny as I cut....

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
All - you guys need to calm down about when the next board meet. Didnt I already tell ya that it would be later this month (if not even into next month)? Especially since it is my guys that conduct the Pilot, NFO and SWO boards? As such, I can confirm that the next Pilot and NFO board will occur the last week in April - the week of 28Apr - with results expected out by either that same Friday, 02May14 if not by that next Monday, 05May14. Even after the board is done, it does take a few days for the NRC leadership to be briefed on the results and approve them for release to the public. And even then, NRC releases the results FIRST to the Fleet so that Navy Sailors applying for OCS will find out first through their Commanding Officers - a few days ahead of the civilian and prior-service applicants being worked through NRDs. Sorry, but out of respect for Navy commands, we give the Sailors first dibs on the results. Will let you know via this website once the results have been released to both the Fleet and then to the NRDs.

Sir, I couldn't tell you how many times I get private messages like this on here. OR, my actual applicants find out results are released (to fleet applicants first) and are pissed off because they think I'm withholding results, even though I won't have them for another few days.

National OPO

All - as someone did mention, the last SWO board was held separately since we did have a short-notice bump up in our SWO shipping goal and needed to push some applications through to provide enough "volume" to cover this SWO plus-up. As was mentioned, we will look to do just Pilot & NFO at the end of this month and then look to get back into the cycle of combining them after that as we move into the summer and fall months.

National OPO

Sir, I couldn't tell you how many times I get private messages like this on here. OR, my actual applicants find out results are released (to fleet applicants first) and are pissed off because they think I'm withholding results, even though I won't have them for another few days.

At least they know now that it comes from HQ.

The_Pants

None that I'm aware of.

I'm physically having to stay away from the forums because I don't want my excitement to come off as impatience. I'm so nervous about my kit not making this board, but in the end now that it has all been submitted there isn't anything I can do. So I've been working on PRT, playing some games, studying the gouge, and practicing my ASTB (should I need to retake it, which I recognize is a real possibility).

So... What is everyone else up to to kill time?
I can relate. I'm nervous my packet won't make it to the board after I had a random call from my OR about a written statement. Oh well. At least everything is taken care of...for now. But I got a second job just to pass the time and to save a ton of money, that and PTing with some poolees. What games are you playing? If you have time check out Last of Us online multiplayer...so much fun.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
I've taken a vow not to PM yourself and individuals like @NavyOffRec because I don't want to seem petty with my questions in regard to timelines. With @National OPO giving actual information instead of us lowly applicants speculating, I can at least somewhat sleep at night.

varlogkern

I can relate. I'm nervous my packet won't make it to the board after I had a random call from my OR about a written statement. Oh well. At least everything is taken care of...for now. But I got a second job just to pass the time and to save a ton of money, that and PTing with some poolees. What games are you playing? If you have time check out Last of Us online multiplayer...so much fun.
If I lived anywhere close to.. well any applicants I would love to do PT together. Typically you see better results if you are competing against someone anyway. But when you live in a region of the country with a higher population density of deer over people... Well... Yeah..
Right now my vices are World of Tanks, Titanfall and Minecraft (I do *nix systems administration on the side and host a private server).

exNavyOffRec

The problem is there have been OR's and/or NRD's that have withheld results for whatever reason, then you get happening what you have described.

NOPO being on this board is going to be an eye opening experience for him as to some of the stuff NRD's/OR's pull on people.

varlogkern

The problem is there have been OR's and/or NRD's that have withheld results for whatever reason, then you get happening what you have described.

NOPO being on this board is going to be an eye opening experience for him as to some of the stuff NRD's/OR's pull on people.
I'm curious, @NavyOffRec, do you have any thoughts as to why ORs and NRDs hold results, and/or give out misinformation?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Most of the time it's not intentional that ORs aren't providing quality customer service to applicants. Working at a recruiting command is a twilight tour for many, meaning they're generally retiring or getting out after completing their 2-3 year tour. I can say as a junior officer, many of us are polishing up their resumes by taking graduate classes or traveling around doing interviews for civilian jobs. Similar for senior enlisted with getting their 20 years and punching out. There's been instances where I haven't seen fellow JOs in my command for months because of leave/preparing for civilian life.

In my recruiting class we were asked who's planning on staying/getting out. Out of a class of 25, maybe 3-4 of us said staying in.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Most of the time it's not intentional that ORs aren't providing quality customer service to applicants. Working at a recruiting command is a twilight tour for many, meaning they're generally retiring or getting out after completing their 2-3 year tour. I can say as a junior officer, many of us are polishing up their resumes by taking graduate classes or traveling around doing interviews for civilian jobs. Similar for senior enlisted with getting their 20 years and punching out. There's been instances where I haven't seen fellow JOs in my command for months because of leave/preparing for civilian life.

In my recruiting class we were asked who's planning on staying/getting out. Out of a class of 25, maybe 3-4 of us said staying in.

In some cases I would agree with you, but there are other cases where people just don't pay attention or worse, I was told by a few that for nukes the recruiting tour really wouldn't have any effect on their career, and from what I saw they were right, as some of the worst OR's I saw were nukes and subsequently have screened for DH (many nuke OR's were good too), in some cases I have seen CPO's that failed at enlisted recruiting made OR's without any training.

I guess the thing is that there is no cut and dry answer, but I will say this, a good OR that is busy will communicate this to his applicants, if an applicant called me and I didn't get back to them in a reasonable and timely manner and then they called me again that was fine by me. In many cases if they called me and left a message I would shoot them a quick email saying "I rec'd your VM/email/etc and will get back to you by xx"