• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

The_Pants

Good or bad...? Just received a call from my OR. My application was sent back after it was sitting at the PMs desk for about 3 weeks now! Saying they wanted a hand written statement of "Why I want to be a naval officer?" Is that not what the Motivational Statement is for!?!? I hope I don't miss this board over some stupid @#$% like that.

cb812

SNA
13OT02 (Decemberish 2012) and 14OT02 (November 2013). Bad time for AF OTS right now, for both rated and non-rated. Last rated board, 14OT02, gave out zero pilot spots. There are a lot of unknowns right now with AF and what the AF will look like over the next decade. The A-10, KC-10, and U-2 may all be facing the chopping block. If you browse the AirForceOTS.com forum, a lot of the guys that are waiting for the 14OT04 rated board (which has been suspended and not yet re-scheduled) are talking about the Navy and how they are planning to talk to their Navy recruiters, how the Navy has rolling boards, etc, etc. Not sure how this will affect us or future applicants. More applications should make for more frequent boards, as long as Navy maintains a rolling board schedule, so I am going to assume this is a good thing...?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
more appropriately, Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing.
not tracking you here...different for each platform?
Good or bad...? Just received a call from my OR. My application was sent back after it was sitting at the PMs desk for about 3 weeks now! Saying they wanted a hand written statement of "Why I want to be a naval officer?" Is that not what the Motivational Statement is for!?!? I hope I don't miss this board over some stupid @#$% like that.
I believe the correct response is yes sir, 3 bags full and whatever else you need

cb812

SNA

That is for the your waiver I believe. I had to write three hand written statements for my waiver.

The_Pants

That is for the your waiver I believe. I had to write three hand written statements for my waiver.
you sir, are correct. but my OR and I were wondering why did it take this long to notice an issue when it's been with the PM for this amount of time...right before this board may convene. just a little frustrated.

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
13OT02 (Decemberish 2012) and 14OT02 (November 2013). Bad time for AF OTS right now, for both rated and non-rated. Last rated board, 14OT02, gave out zero pilot spots. There are a lot of unknowns right now with AF and what the AF will look like over the next decade. The A-10, KC-10, and U-2 may all be facing the chopping block. If you browse the AirForceOTS.com forum, a lot of the guys that are waiting for the 14OT04 rated board (which has been suspended and not yet re-scheduled) are talking about the Navy and how they are planning to talk to their Navy recruiters, how the Navy has rolling boards, etc, etc. Not sure how this will affect us or future applicants. More applications should make for more frequent boards, as long as Navy maintains a rolling board schedule, so I am going to assume this is a good thing...?

Yea, I have some buddies that are in Active Duty AF as pilots and NAVs and at times they are uncertain that their jobs are safe from chopping. This is definitely a tumultuous time to be an Airman.

cb812

SNA
you sir, are correct. but my OR and I were wondering why did it take this long to notice an issue when it's been with the PM for this amount of time...right before this board may convene. such a little frustrated.

Your OR should have known to include this with the waiver. As mentioned before, the PM just barely starting going over aviation apps, which is why we saw the movements from At PM to At Board just last week.

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
you sir, are correct. but my OR and I were wondering why did it take this long to notice an issue when it's been with the PM for this amount of time...right before this board may convene. just a little frustrated.

I had a medical waiver as well, and per the solid suggestion of my OR, I typed a one-paragraph background statement on the issue at hand.

The_Pants

I had a medical waiver as well, and per the solid suggestion of my OR, I typed a one-paragraph background statement on the issue at hand.
was this recently? I just did it and got it over and done with today. Hopefully it gets sent up ASAP. But I've been really patient with my OR just b/c he is new to this. Nothing else I can do but just wait and cross those fingers.

Kees

SNA Select

Let me see if I understand correctly: If you received a waiver, you are required to submit a handwritten statement saying why you want to be a Naval Officer in conjunction with your motivational statement?

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
was this recently? I just did it and got it over and done with today. Hopefully it gets sent up ASAP. But I've been really patient with my OR just b/c he is new to this. Nothing else I can do but just wait and cross those fingers.

It was about 3 weeks ago. Submitted the statement along with my initial (and only, fingers crossed) submission of package to PM.

The_Pants

It was about 3 weeks ago. Submitted the statement along with my initial (and only, fingers crossed) submission of package to PM.
I guess so. But I already had wrote a had written statement awhile ago for my waivers before sending them to the PM. And now he's like well we need one more but this time write one about "Why you want to become a naval officer" Oh well.

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
Let me see if I understand correctly: If you received a waiver, you are required to submit a handwritten statement saying why you want to be a Naval Officer in conjunction with your motivational statement?

In my situation my one-paragraph statement stated how my medical waiver will in no way affect my abilities as a Navy Aviator/Naval Officer. That's it.