• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

texag2010

I have my PPL. That being said, I do know there are guys selected without it and it is not a requirement to have. If you have it, you skip IFS and go from OCS straight to API (or more likely A-Pool until you class up).

Mauler

I have my PPL. That being said, I do know there are guys selected without it and it is not a requirement to have. If you have it, you skip IFS and go from OCS straight to API (or more likely A-Pool until you class up).
Thanks for the info. Congrats on Pro Rec

bluemarlin04

For the people who got PRO REC for SNA, I am wondering what your background is? Do you have flying experience or can you get selected with none? Also if you have your pilots license all ready, do you skip certain training in the Navy? Thanks for any help.
I'm pro rec sna
have never stepped foot in an aircraft other than commercial and one helo flight in iraq on deployment.

so no, you don't need a ppl or any flight experience.

Angemc27

I need a little help since my COC has no idea on OCS and the OR neglects to return any phone calls I make to him. E-3 currently enlisted with BS in Science putting this package together on my own by Navy Instruction and noticed there was an HM1 here. I have been an E3 2.5 years and due to surgical tech school and when I checked on board I have had either NOB or special eval that was a P, I will finally get my deserved EP here in June so needless to say I'm fed up with the enlisted side. My question since nobody else has been able to answer is who can fill out the anthro measurements form and the tatoo screening form? Everything else is pretty much done. I have to wait till June for flight physical due to my PRK done in March, and the flight surgeon is setting me up with their Pilots for LOA's and LOR's are coming from my COC. I am studying heavily for the ASTB to increase my scores, to competitve level. Any other advice?

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
I need a little help since my COC has no idea on OCS and the OR neglects to return any phone calls I make to him. E-3 currently enlisted with BS in Science putting this package together on my own by Navy Instruction and noticed there was an HM1 here. I have been an E3 2.5 years and due to surgical tech school and when I checked on board I have had either NOB or special eval that was a P, I will finally get my deserved EP here in June so needless to say I'm fed up with the enlisted side. My question since nobody else has been able to answer is who can fill out the anthro measurements form and the tatoo screening form? Everything else is pretty much done. I have to wait till June for flight physical due to my PRK done in March, and the flight surgeon is setting me up with their Pilots for LOA's and LOR's are coming from my COC. I am studying heavily for the ASTB to increase my scores, to competitve level. Any other advice?

Not sure about the Tattoo screening, but I did my own Anthro measurements without an issue. My recruiter called and asked, and was told it was okay as I was finishing school in a different state than my NRD.

bluemarlin04

that's me bro

don't sweat the evals. That is what happens when you're an e3. Takes a bit to get a observed eval at a command especially if you are going thru c schools and stuff. I filled out the tattoo screening and anthro measurements myself.

and please stop with the "I deserve an ep" attitude, it does nothing and only pisses off your senior rater. The enlisted side isn't bad, you got a roof on your head, a paycheck and food. Don't complain. Work hard, get quals, collateral duties, and study for advancement,

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Not sure about the Tattoo screening, but I did my own Anthro measurements without an issue. My recruiter called and asked, and was told it was okay as I was finishing school in a different state than my NRD.

When I say I "did my own" I mean I had a friend do them for me.

Amauri

ET1 (SW) Pro Rec SWO
Just wanted to post an update. Today I checked BOL and it states I am pro rec'd! It feels a bit more official now. The help desk told me to expect it by tomorrow for everyone else.

exNavyOffRec

So Question, what happens if I get Pro-Rec for 2 different designators?

The responses to your post are both right, so I will clarify more. If you do nothing, you will be processed for your first choice, if you go "why did I put XXX first" then write a letter saying you want choice 2 and have your recruiter send it up.

exNavyOffRec

Before I respond to most of this, are you active or reserve? they way I read it you are active, but a few items made me wonder.

DCrow

SNA Primary
Hey guys, not to go straight to the money, but what's the process for when you usually start drawing pay after being pro rec'd? I'm trying to decide if I need to get a summer job. This is especially important if it's as likely that those of us who were selected from the April board won't be at ocs until at least October.

My understanding is that it would happen sometime after being cleared at MEPS and receiving my FS letter. At that point you go through commissioning and then start drawing a salary. Am I off on this? Thanks

exNavyOffRec

Hey guys, not to go straight to the money, but what's the process for when you usually start drawing pay after being pro rec'd? I'm trying to decide if I need to get a summer job. This is especially important if it's as likely that those of us who were selected from the April board won't be at ocs until at least October.

My understanding is that it would happen sometime after being cleared at MEPS and receiving my FS letter. At that point you go through commissioning and then start drawing a salary. Am I off on this? Thanks

currently it is a simple answer, you don't... no pay until you set foot in OCS

DCrow

SNA Primary
Alright, I ran into a guy at the ORC that is still a civilian and about to go to OCS and is somehow receiving pay. Made me curious, must be extenuating circumstances.

Thanks for the information, looks like I've got some lawns to mow and tables to wait in the mean time.

texag2010

Alright, I ran into a guy at the ORC that is still a civilian and about to go to OCS and is somehow receiving pay. Made me curious, must be extenuating circumstances.

Thanks for the information, looks like I've got some lawns to mow and tables to wait in the mean time.

I could be mistaken, but it sounds like he's probably BDCP. They receive a monthly stipend while they're in the program.

BackOrdered

Contributor

That's BDCP (Best Damn Commissioning Program) A.K.A. MITB for Officer Programs.

In a nutshell, full active duty benefits, salary, leave accruement and time in service as far as 3 years out just to go to college and go to OCS in a designator of your choice. Hands down the best commissioning source objectively.