• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

Rev

pilot
My recruiter had some fun with me this morning before telling me I was pro-rec for all three. My heart about sank into my feet. I fell for it hook, line and sinker. He it a good laugh out of it though.

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
I may be completely wrong fellas but I'm not sure how much we will be hearing from RobbDearth or NavyOffRec. Word on the street is that officer recruiters aren't supposed to be on here. I'm not sure if that only applies to giving results out or being on here giving advice in general. If I'm right, sorry for being the bearer of bad news. If I'm wrong, I guess we will find out when they post again.

I may be completely wrong fellas but I'm not sure how much we will be hearing from RobbDearth or NavyOffRec. Word on the street is that officer recruiters aren't supposed to be on here. I'm not sure if that only applies to giving results out or being on here giving advice in general. If I'm right, sorry for being the bearer of bad news. If I'm wrong, I guess we will find out when they post again.
I heard too many people through the recruiters under the bus...I guess it can go in the lessons learned for the future...

Amauri

ET1 (SW) Pro Rec SWO
I'm not an officer recruiter but I am an hm1 who was the LPO of deployment health.

you don't need the surgery docs for a 2707 or 08 . A idc will see it it in mrrs or Alta or whatever system and go from there when they sign off the forms. You do need a current pha though and HIV test for the med hx forms though.
Thanks HM1! One of my surgeries was done in a civilian hospital since I am located away from any MTF's so maybe that one would not be in the records.

exNavyOffRec

what happened from the email I rec'd from NRC is the list was released to non NRC members who were then giving out info not in a correct manner, they were saying "your selected" vice "pro yes" there is a difference and I sometimes slip at this as well.

This is one of the reasons I prefer to not say which NRD I belong to, because while the list is sent out via email blast to every member in NRC they don't like it published, don't tell me this doesn't make sense I already know this.

In the past I alway have people PM me to keep it private, when I saw it not being private I should have said something, but I was out of the office and by the time I saw what was going on there were many pages on this subject.

To the moderators, sorry if I was guilty of using the wrong terms causing extra work on your part.

texag2010

If one of the mods wants to edit my post, feel free to remove the remark about messaging those guys(or just delete the post altogether since that's basically the whole point of it) - didn't mean to step on anyone's toes!

bluemarlin04

Thanks HM1! One of my surgeries was done in a civilian hospital since I am located away from any MTF's so maybe that one would not be in the records.
there should be docs supporting your surgery regardless if it was done at civilian hospital. Probably an sf 600

what happened from the email I rec'd from NRC is the list was released to non NRC members who were then giving out info not in a correct manner, they were saying "your selected" vice "pro yes" there is a difference and I sometimes slip at this as well.

This is one of the reasons I prefer to not say which NRD I belong to, because while the list is sent out via email blast to every member in NRC they don't like it published, don't tell me this doesn't make sense I already know this.

In the past I alway have people PM me to keep it private, when I saw it not being private I should have said something, but I was out of the office and by the time I saw what was going on there were many pages on this subject.

To the moderators, sorry if I was guilty of using the wrong terms causing extra work on your part.

I talked to one of the officer recruiters, and he said an active duty sailor told his command that he was selected before the command found out about it. When asked how he found out, he dropped names from airwarriors... that in turn caused the entire debacle...I would say to watch out for your shipmate's next time...and the problem would be averted...

ravioli

Still haven't heard from my OR. I understand being patient, but it seems weird that he wouldn't have a minute to send me an email telling me about the IW results when it happened a week ago. I can understand more about the SW because that's only been two days. I must plead ignorance on this subject as I have no idea how busy my OR could be and maybe he has been completely jam packed for the last week. It'd be nice to know before the weekend starts, but alas I shall continue waiting as it builds character. As Jim Carrey said in Ace Ventura Pet Detective, "If I'm not back in 5 minutes....just wait longer".

Harrier Dude

Living the dream

No worries at all. You guys are doing an outstanding job getting help and gouge out to the applicants. Keep it up.

DCrow

SNA Primary
Met with my recruiter today to work out MEPS paperwork. She asked me if I wanted SNA or NFO....like that's even a hard choice.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Met with my recruiter today to work out MEPS paperwork. She asked me if I wanted SNA or NFO....like that's even a hard choice.

Are their reasons people choose NFO over SNA, barring medical DQ from SNA? I guess as an NFO you get to work many of the a/c systems, but besides that, why would someone choose it over SNA?

Mauler

For the people who got PRO REC for SNA, I am wondering what your background is? Do you have flying experience or can you get selected with none? Also if you have your pilots license all ready, do you skip certain training in the Navy? Thanks for any help.