• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 09 Boards

OccamsRazor

Final Select BDCP Intel
Maybe because we like to maximize our gouge? I mean...makes sense, no? Gathering intel?

Congrats to all the selectees - here's hoping your FS process isn't as achingly long as mine.

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Looks like there is another slot open up for SWO! Supply (my first choice) said they wants me instead! PRO REC SUPPLY!!!

Only 17 selected (based on the list that was sent to me). Two of those were from the fleet (me being one of them!).

Reactions: m26
Thought I'd chime in:

Pro Rec'd SNA April Boards
8/7/7 60
B.S. Aviation Mgt 3.0
Lor 2 Captains, 2 former avn professors

Doing MEPS AND PRT this week. CONGRATS TO ALL THOSE SELECTED. Took me 3 times to get in:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage

fltlll

Hi all, I've been lurking these boards for a while now and I figured I'd chime in. I received a prorec for SWO in late April (my second choice) and one for Supply this week (first choice). I'm very much excited!

@ The Renegade: do you really have a list of prorec'd suppos? I'd be very much interested in seeing it just to see if my name really is on there (call it paranoia or what have you, I just didn't think my package was very competitive... at ALL).

Anyone else care to chime in in regards to the Supply Vs SWO debate? I want to get an MBA as soon as I can, so I want whatever will give me the most experience (which one would think would be Supply, but I still want to bring up the question). Which would have more responsibilities / opportunities? I guess I should ask these questions in the SWO vs. Supply threads that I've been lurking instead of here :D

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Looks like there is another slot open up for SWO! Supply (my first choice) said they wants me instead! PRO REC SUPPLY!!!

Only 17 selected (based on the list that was sent to me). Two of those were from the fleet (me being one of them!).
Congrats on getting Supply! This is turning out to be a great month for you!

SWOHopeful

I want to congratulate everyone that got selected for the month of April and wish you all a long and prosperous Naval career if you get your final select. I was a non-select and I will be retaking the ASTB next monday to get a higher score and submit a letter of reconsideration in time to be seen in June.

If you were not selected I URGE you to reapply and show them that you want it more than anything else in life, of course unless you are over the age limit now.

I do have one question though. Does anyone know if you can change which designators you are applying for when you resubmit with a letter of reconsideration?

Once again, thank you all very much.

I have a question for

blarged

ready
I do have one question though. Does anyone know if you can change which designators you are applying for when you resubmit with a letter of reconsideration?

You sure can. Your re-applying application is a completely new application. The differences are that you will have to select YES for "I have applied but was not accepted for an Officer program" on the main application and you will (as you have stated) have to write the letter of reconsideration.

I applied IW only the first time and am applying IW and SWO-IW this time around. You can add/remove/change designators from your application at will. The only caution I would give is that completely changing your approach might give them the idea that you aren't sure about your goals with the Navy. But that last part is completely my speculation and should only be taken for that worth (about 1.5 cents really).

Good luck on re-applying! Non-select is a tough thing mentally, you have to know that you really want it.

fltlll

fltlll, what are your stats?

I'll try to answer this to the best of my abilities...

Education: BBA with a focus in Marketing, University of St. Thomas - 3.19 overall GPA - Dean's List about five times.
OAR: 60
PRT: 100 push ups, 84 sit ups, 12:00 run (if I remember correctly).
LOR: Only three - all from close friends of mine with no military background and little to none professional experience (ages 20, 22, 23).

As you can see, I don't think my package is very competitive at all. If you're interested for my Major GPA, I'd have to calculate it real quick.