• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 09 Boards

GeauxTigers

I might have FS... I really don't know... I actually think I probably do otherwise I wouldn't be getting sworn in this week... But yea my recruiter has been awesome

Fonz

OK, now that I've cooled off and succumbed to the fact that I didn't get my packet into the past two boards, I decided to go ahead and start the thread for next month...

BDCP - SNA only
23 years old (24 on the 10th)
66/9/9/9
No PRT yet...used to perfect score my PFT's in AFROTC (80pu, 90su, 8:50 1.5mi) but still overweight at the moment and at 50pu, 50su, 10:30 1.5mi
3.25 GPA B.A. Political Science, University of North Texas
LOR's: AF O-6 pilot, Navy O-5 pilot, director of ops (boss - since my boss/dad can't write one), former university department chair, AF O-4 pilot/instructor (local Justice of the Peace/Judge/family friend)
100+ hours of unlogged flight time, including turbine experience...I was dumb as a teenager and didn't bother to get the ratings when I had the time to spare, lol
Roughly 50 hours/year community service, through our church or other organizations
4 years church musician/youth group leader
Former AFROTC cadet/flight/squadron commander

Good luck to everyone, hopefully this one will be the one for me too.

Ya I agree with everyone else...I wish my ASTB scores were that high. I actually just took mine (4/5/4 45)...kinda sucks, but I'll take it again in June. I'm a little confused, though, on the application process. My recruiter hasn't had too much time to show me the ropes, so I've just been doing what I've been told from others. Everything is in, LOR's on the way, I just need to retake the ASTB (right?). And then do I tell my recruiter when I want to apply? How long is the wait usually to hear back?

I might have FS... I really don't know... I actually think I probably do otherwise I wouldn't be getting sworn in this week... But yea my recruiter has been awesome

Damn you are lucky!! Me and I think the rest of us in March are still waiting on our FS's.....I'm hoping to get word on the status of mine tomorrow, but congrats!

kat27

What the h$ll!?!?! ahhaha Pride, how come we don't have our FS yet? April ppl are getting it before us. Madness

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
So has anyone received a FS yet? Last I checked, my security clearance was still pending.

I submitted all my paperwork for FS about a week after I got notice for my ProRec..FLTll how do you know your security clearance is pending? Can you check online or something?

fltlll

I submitted all my paperwork for FS about a week after I got notice for my ProRec..FLTll how do you know your security clearance is pending? Can you check online or something?

Well, last time I called my recruiter he told me that my NASIS application already had someone assigned to it (or something to that extent) and that it should start any day. If I recall correctly, that was on Thursday.

As for me, I did everything before my packet was sent to the board. MEPS, PRT, NASIS application... by the time my recruiter got word of my pro rec, he was able to turn around and send everything necessary.

caudillc

I found out today that since I did MEPS on May 19, 2007, I will have to wait another week until it expires out of the system in order to redo it. I knew all along it expired every 2 yrs, but this delay is ignorant. At least it is just one week.

One of the recruiters I talked to said it is likely to we would end up at a late July OCS date (at the earliest) with likelihood in August, perhaps September. Nuclear and SEALS officers have been the only ones at OCS. I did not realize they broke some of the designators into seperate OCS classes.

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
I found out today that since I did MEPS on May 19, 2007, I will have to wait another week until it expires out of the system in order to redo it.

Who ever told you that is WRONG!! Working at a MEPS I know for a fact you are allowed to re-phys 90 days prior to the expiration of a phys and anytime thereafter.

Its in the MEPS processing instruction... tell those idiots to look it up. Dumb asses :p!!

Who ever told you that is WRONG!! Working at a MEPS I know for a fact you are allowed to re-phys 90 days prior to the expiration of a phys and anytime thereafter.

Its in the MEPS processing instruction... tell those idiots to look it up. Dumb asses :p!!
Hey since you work at MEPS, you might know; when i went last week, brought the surgical notes from my fractured jaw bone, they looked at my face and through the regs and gave me the ok on that end. BUT, the flight surgeons at final selection (wherever that is) have the fianl say for the physical qualfication letter. Many people have gotten in for pilot with retained hardware for broken arms, legs, etc, but im concerned bc its my face:confused:. The only note I found was that it would be disqualifying if the injury impacted the ability for a flight helmet to fit, whcih is not the case. Anybody know anything. THANKS

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Renegade, last week my recruiter told me that the MEPS physical was good up to a year or some rediculous amount of time, yet in order to get into the boards we have to redo it every 90 days...why the double standard on timeframes? Or is it simply once you're in they don't want you to have to mess with MEPS again, you should be taken care of in pipeline, etc?

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Renegade, last week my recruiter told me that the MEPS physical was good up to a year or some rediculous amount of time, yet in order to get into the boards we have to redo it every 90 days...why the double standard on timeframes? Or is it simply once you're in they don't want you to have to mess with MEPS again, you should be taken care of in pipeline, etc?

Firstly:
The Renegade said:
According to USMEPCOM Reg 40-1 (MAR 2009), chapter 5, page 2, section “c”:

A physical examination for accession is valid for 2 years. The MEPS commander may authorize a new, full medical examination if the previous medical examination is still valid but will expire within 90 days. This is only done if the physical is going to expire before the intent of the original physical can be accomplished. The MEPS commander may delegate this authority to the CMO or medical NCOIC/SUP HT. If the original physical examination paper work is lost or misplaced, the applicant will receive a new physical examination to include a new drug and HIV test.

So I doubt that MEPS is going to re-do a phys every 90 days, but you never know. I never heard of the board needing a phys that is no less then 90 days old. General rule of thumb is that physicals are good for 2 years.

And to my knowledge, you civilians don't go to MEPS until your pro rec'd anyway. That's how my local OPO office does it, no one goes to MEPS unless the board gives them the thumbs up... same thing with the PRT. Is your OR want to do your phys BEFORE your pro rec?

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Hey since you work at MEPS, you might know; when i went last week, brought the surgical notes from my fractured jaw bone, they looked at my face and through the regs and gave me the ok on that end. BUT, the flight surgeons at final selection (wherever that is) have the fianl say for the physical qualfication letter. Many people have gotten in for pilot with retained hardware for broken arms, legs, etc, but im concerned bc its my face:confused:. The only note I found was that it would be disqualifying if the injury impacted the ability for a flight helmet to fit, whcih is not the case. Anybody know anything. THANKS

As long as your hardware does not restrict or could potentially interfere with normal duties in the military, you should be fine as far as general entry.

The flight surgeons that gives the thumbs up after you are pro rec'd that will then lead to a final select, has the right to not ok your medical condition, but I do not see that happening. Like I said, if MEPS says your good for general entry, then your good... don't sweat it too much.

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
And to my knowledge, you civilians don't go to MEPS until your pro rec'd anyway. Is your OR want to do your phys BEFORE your pro rec?

Not necessarily true, though in 90% of cases you're right. Some of us did go to MEPS before we went up for our pro-rec. I hadn't even finished my Application before I went to MEPS. I went in the day after my ASTB. I also had my security check initiated before I was at board. The other officer wannabe there was gunning for something Air-Force, but hadn't yet thrown in his application.
Maybe we're the exception that proves the rule, but it still does happen. Just FYI

caudillc

Yeah, there are a lot of ppl that do MEPS before being pro-rec. I did it way before I was pro-rec (hence having to go back and do it again). 2 years is the expiration date.

KLT

Not necessarily true, though in 90% of cases you're right. Some of us did go to MEPS before we went up for our pro-rec. I hadn't even finished my Application before I went to MEPS. I went in the day after my ASTB. I also had my security check initiated before I was at board. The other officer wannabe there was gunning for something Air-Force, but hadn't yet thrown in his application.
Maybe we're the exception that proves the rule, but it still does happen. Just FYI

I am in for the May boards and I started my application, went through MEPS the NEXT WEEK,I completed my SF-86, then did my prt the next day, and minutes after, I took my ASTB( perhaps not the best idea)

and I am waiting to see if I get pro-rec'd this month..

it all went very fast, but I think that is also because I'm going to nuke, so they wanted everything done before my interview date.