• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 09 Boards

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Well I have called twice, one Friday and one today, sent out emails only to hear nothing back. Maybe my recruiter fell off the edge of the planet but I called the secretary and she said he was working both Friday and today....I'm thinking its because Intell was my number one and until he knows the results for that he is keeping the rest secret...but who knows anymore.

I can't see how those of you who were up for review this pass board are still unsure of your status... I would be calling any and everybody who would have some info. Your ORs have bosses... if the OR is not returning your call, go over their head and call the NRD HQ and talk to the OPO and let them know your LIFE is on hold pending these results!

I wish I had access to the list, I would let you all know myself! Kind of makes me upset to see how some of these ORs are just uninterested in letting people know the results, good or bad :icon_rage!

caudillc

Well I have called twice, one Friday and one today, sent out emails only to hear nothing back. Maybe my recruiter fell off the edge of the planet but I called the secretary and she said he was working both Friday and today....I'm thinking its because Intell was my number one and until he knows the results for that he is keeping the rest secret...but who knows anymore.
I am still waiting on the Intel results too - so no despair being neither of us have news. And I have been communicating with my OR.

ianamm

I am still waiting on the Intel results too - so no despair being neither of us have news. And I have been communicating with my OR.

Well at least I am not the only one still waiting for results from the April board. But I wish my OR had been communicating with me like yours. SWo and NFO results are out and there is no reason he cant give me results :confused: I just tried calling again and he didn't pick up and then I called the secretary and asked to be given any recruiter that is there and the guy I was given said "I would be overstepping my boundary to give you your results back" and I asked to speak to his boss and he said that my original recruiter was his boss....grrrrrr!

blarged

ready

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
Those numbers aren't aren't as brutal as I thought, 38.5% is for SNA is about half of what it has been the past few months.

I STILL can't get in touch with my recruiter either, I really want to know whether I even made the boards. I'm just about positive I did not but I really would to like to confirm the .1% that I actually did and with results posted I should be able to.

USNShadow

Round 2
Ya that is what i heard as well. I can't reapply, from a non-select BDCP SNA to DA SNA until those board results come out.

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
Yeah, I'm iNtel/Swo/Suppo, haven't heard either. OR can't seem to get in touch with me. Standing by to Stand by I suppose.

ianamm

Finally

Just talked to my recruiter and I got SWO! He didn't say anything about NFO for me so I assume I didn't get it or because it was my third he didnt mention it. Asked about Intel and it was weird because he said they werent meeting until next year, not sure if that was him telling me I didn't get it or what..... still pumped to get SWO, what is direct ascension? Also said fiscal 09 was full so I have to wait until fiscal 10 but whatever I got in :) :)

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
Just talked to my recruiter and I got SWO! He didn't say anything about NFO for me so I assume I didn't get it or because it was my third he didnt mention it. Asked about Intel and it was weird because he said they werent meeting until next year, not sure if that was him telling me I didn't get it or what..... still pumped to get SWO, what is direct ascension? Also said fiscal 09 was full so I have to wait until fiscal 10 but whatever I got in :) :)

what were your stats?

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Congrats. Direct Ascension (DA) means you go straight to OCS from the civilian world, not through BDCP or some other program. The whole thing with FY09 and FY10 is when your class graduates OCS...if you graduate on or before September 30, you'll be in this fiscal year. If it's October 1 and beyond you're in the next fiscal year. It's just how the government allots things, starting the year in October instead of January. So this means that instead of going to OCS in the next month or two, you'll have to wait until July for a class that will graduate after the Oct 1 date. That's good news for some (the partyers, people leaving jobs), and bad news for others (people who've already quit their job and now need a paycheck, those ready for a military career). Either way, it's only a couple more months until your body and senses are put to the test, enjoy...

In a way that's good news to everyone, as now that the FY09 slots are full you have a whole new batch of slots to shoot for in 2010...that's why the last two boards have been very competitive and selective, as they were only filling the last few slots available. Starting in May they'll be filling the FY10 slots only, so it should be better stats than the past months.

ianamm

stats

what were your stats?

22 years old

44 5/5/6

3.1 International Relations with a minor in Economics

2 Letters from teachers, 1 from CEO, 1 from a Congressman

lots of international travel

Worked a lot in the Democratic Party and I thought that might work against me but maybe I had some Dems review my app :)

SWOHopeful

22 years old

44 5/5/6

3.1 International Relations with a minor in Economics

2 Letters from teachers, 1 from CEO, 1 from a Congressman

lots of international travel

Worked a lot in the Democratic Party and I thought that might work against me but maybe I had some Dems review my app :)

Only difference between us was my GPA, and mine was a 2.58.
Major in Int'l Affairs and a minor in Spanish

Gosh I have no clue why I wasn't selected and it tears me

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
hmm... those stats look similar to mine 'cept i did a bit better on the ASTB, that gives me some hope!

did you actually work for the congressman and got an honest to god recommendation letter? i included a letter from my senator, but anyone reading it can tell it basically says "this person asked me for a recommendation, he's one of my constituents, here it is". it mentions some of my background and whatnot, but it's fairly obvious he doesn't know me personally, i'm not sure what kind of weight it will carry.