• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 09 Boards

caudillc

My recruiter has messed with my package - dropped PILOT, NFO app is in line for May, but my INTEL app is at April's board (not results yet). My background fits INTEL more, but I am just flustered that all the results are not all lined up for me.

I have e-mails confirming all my designators and that all was in line for April board.

Anyway, I will wait for INTEL results and then decide if I want to wait on NFO in May and/or push through my PILOT app.

CJ21S

E-2 Bubba
pilot
Alright so I have a couple questions and felt most comfturable asking here.
After being final select I have to go into the recruiters office and sign contracts and pay stuff,
How long is the contract for for sna
and when do I start being paid? after OCS? Im trying to figure out whether I should save up money this summer.

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
Contract for SNA is 8 years...but that's AFTER you get winged. So it may very well take you 10-11 years you owe the Navy. Unless youre BDCP, you will not get paid until OCS so save money if you can....when is your OCS date?

Falk

FS SNA
non-select pilot. Recruiter says we can reapply in october, guess its another long wait

You can reapply immediately if you change your package. When I was not selected in the November board I retook the astb, wrote a quick letter for reconsideration then reapplied the next month (though I subsequently kept getting rolled over till February due to various stupid mistakes).

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
I got pushed to May Board. After my recruiter was sure I had made all the deadlines. >.O another month of waiting. I told him that being pushed back was better then Non-Select at least. ~sigh

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
I got pushed to May Board. After my recruiter was sure I had made all the deadlines. >.O another month of waiting. I told him that being pushed back was better then Non-Select at least. ~sigh

Did you hear that from Mr. C? He was pretty sure I made all the deadlines too, looks like there were a lot of applicants for april.

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
The OCS Fleet Notification message came out on Friday... only 8 active duty people were picked up for SWO (me being 1 of the 8 :D). The message was cut off after the SWO selects (don't know why), so I'm not sure how many AD guys were picked up for aviation.

So, congratz to us 8 active duty SWO selects!! Supply board is this Wed (from what I'm told), so lets see another round of selects again this week or early next week!

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
Thanks for the heads up Renegade. You didn't happen to hear if they'd put out info for Direct Ascension yet, did you?

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Thanks for the heads up Renegade. You didn't happen to hear if they'd put out info for Direct Ascension yet, did you?

If the fleet message on directs is out, then it should be out on the civilian side as well. Your OR should be able to pull it up in O-Tools or he could call and find out.

If you still have not be notified of your selection or non-selection, then you are behind the information curve. Get on your ORs and get an answer... TODAY!!!! don't wait, its your career not theirs!!

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
Get on your ORs and get an answer... TODAY!!!! don't wait, its your career not theirs!!

True story. I'd called in earlier and told he'd been given compasionate leave for a family matter though. Given that, I figure i'll let the guy have his time...Do you think it'd be bad form to call another guy in the office?

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Do you think it'd be bad form to call another guy in the office?

No, its not bad at all.... I'm sure they would understand. Tell them you need to know because you need to know so you can start to make plans or something. Anybody in that office can pull it up and tell you, not just your OR.

Do it now!! Then come back and let us know.... good luck!!:D

ianamm

hmmm

Well I have called twice, one Friday and one today, sent out emails only to hear nothing back. Maybe my recruiter fell off the edge of the planet but I called the secretary and she said he was working both Friday and today....I'm thinking its because Intell was my number one and until he knows the results for that he is keeping the rest secret...but who knows anymore.