• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 09 Boards

Feifei

That did factor into mine as well. The only hang up you might watch out for is, are both your parents US citizens? that may hang up your higher clearance if not.

Yeah, both my parents are citizens as well, so I guess it should be fine.

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
That did factor into mine as well. The only hang up you might watch out for is, are both your parents US citizens? that may hang up your higher clearance if not.

Having one or both parents from a foreign country shouldn't be a huge issue, but if they maintain any foreign contacts you might expect a more lengthy and in-depth investigation. their country of origin will play a role too, if you've got a set of parents from canada you needn't worry, but if they're from north korea there might be an issue.

caudillc

just got off the phone with my OR and he told me to sit tight and wait until may, i am increasingly getting the feeling that i got pushed to may.
wait until May for the April results?! did your OR say why? that is not normal, right?

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
Having one or both parents from a foreign country shouldn't be a huge issue, but if they maintain any foreign contacts you might expect a more lengthy and in-depth investigation. their country of origin will play a role too, if you've got a set of parents from canada you needn't worry, but if they're from north korea there might be an issue.

I agree that if you've got parents from abroad and are applying for a regular clearance, there shouldn't be an issue. The OR I spoke with seemed insistent that all immediate family for an INTEL clearance, on the other hand, had to be American Citizens

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
i know that you can definitely get a top secret clearance without having both parents being us citizens, but i dont know if the same holds true specifically for intel officers in the military

i would be surprised if this was true, the only security clearance i am aware of where all your family members must be us citizens is a yankee white clearance (required if serving closely with the president, secret service, AF1 pilot, etc) but the same might be for the case for intel officers.

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
Did you talk to Mr. C or LTCMDR G? I was basically told the same thing, from Mr. C. He says he won't call until its on O-tools so to sit tight it may be awhile. That if I am select they will let me know.

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
i called gordone, he called costello, and i was told to wait until may. i'm gonna have to wait another few months if do get pro-rec'd anyway, so i can stand waiting for another week or two.

Dr. Jazz

SNA Select
SNA Select

Its official, I was SNA select for the April board. I will be going to MEPS in a few days and hopefully OCS really soon.

Currently a Federal Agent

Applied SNA only

26 yrs old

4 yrs Active Duty Marine Corps (Military Working Dog Handler)

Always graduated with honors and/ or distinguished graduate at all programs I have completed.

Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice 3.79 GPA Magna Cum Laude

ASTB 5/6/6 OAR Don't recall. I took this test almost 2 years ago.

LORs from previous employers and high ranking government officials.

One combat tour with the Marines.

1 NAM, 1 CAR, Several Cert Comms

Distinguished Graduate from the Border Patrol Academy and Section leader of 49 people.

Congrats to all those that were selected and to all others keep trying. Don't be discouraged! Many of you have awesome stats, I see no reason why you guys should not eventually become selects.

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
Currently a Federal Agent

Applied SNA only

26 yrs old

4 yrs Active Duty Marine Corps (Military Working Dog Handler)

Always graduated with honors and/ or distinguished graduate at all programs I have completed.

Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice 3.79 GPA Magna Cum Laude

ASTB 5/6/6 OAR Don't recall. I took this test almost 2 years ago.

LORs from previous employers and high ranking government officials.

One combat tour with the Marines.

1 NAM, 1 CAR, Several Cert Comms

Distinguished Graduate from the Border Patrol Academy and Section leader of 49 people.

Congrats to all those that were selected and to all others keep trying. Don't be discouraged! Many of you have awesome stats, I see no reason why you guys should not eventually become selects.

Short of curing cancer, thats pretty much the prettiest package i have ever seen.