• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone know the record for carrier traps?

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The very 1st trap is the one that separates us from all others!

All subsequent traps - while perhaps often more demanding, impressive, and self-satisfying - are still all less meaningful, in my mind.

[I just wish I could remember my 1st trap in a T-2 on the Lady Lex. I was so excited and hyperventilated that I could not really remember it. But I did it. My log book says so!]

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
The very 1st trap is the one that separates us from all others!

All subsequent traps - while perhaps often more demanding, impressive, and self-satisfying - are still all less meaningful, in my mind.

[I just wish I could remember my 1st trap in a T-2 on the Lady Lex. I was so excited and hyperventilated that I could not really remember it. But I did it. My log book says so!]

Cat, any chance the brain cells that remember that trap will killed off by alcohol many years ago????

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cat, any chance the brain cells that remember that trap will killed off by alcohol many years ago????
Huh? Waaa? Fffft. Ugh. Snort. Gack!

Whoa! Damn! What time is it? Did I oversleep? What time was our AOM?
Oh shit!!!! I'm screwed!!!!

flaminghooker.jpg

Renegade One

None
Don't worry about the AOM. Any bull worth his salt is covering for you.
"Skipper, he was called to wing headquarters for a double-secret probation mission planning meeting. I can't say anything more...and you're not supposed to ask him about it when he gets back...you're not "read-in". He may not be back until tomorrow. He did ask me to take great notes about the AOM, tho..."

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I could be remembering this incorrectly but....I'm fairly certain that there is a plaque in the Naval Av Museum in P-Cola that lists everyone over 1000 traps...

It takes up most of a wall...there are many many many with over 1000. I'm also pretty sure that it lists total numbers as well...

Unless I'm mistaken, there's a plaque in the National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola that lists the most traps in Navy history. Of course I don't remember who was on it.

Whaaaa?! Where is this mythical plaque you speak of? Two pages man...two pages. :D