• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another nail in the coffin of Old-School Naval Avaition..

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
... In the 80s there were no brown shoes and no leather jackets, yet somehow Naval Aviation still managed to launch and recover aircraft to stave off the Red Menance.
True enough. But while repelling said Menace, we wore squadron colors under our bags, whatever patches where we wanted, shit hots in the club, used cool call signs not needing approval and (the horror) painted them on our aircraft, all the while bitching about having brown shoes and leather jackets taken away from us. Consequently, they were reintroduced even before the end of the '80s. You are welcome.

Flugelman

Contributor
Yeah, that's gonna suck. At least this time around our Commodore said "October 1, we'll be doing the t-shirt thing. I'm gonna wait until they assign me some patch police to enforce the positional patches bit."

Careful what you wish for...

There'll be a few left over from the Diversity Police applicants, I'm sure.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Not anymore, apparently. Our community always wears it on the left, production or otherwise.

Brett

Well, it's actually only the Weapon Schools and TOPGUN SFTIs who were it on the right. FRS and everyone else wears it on the left.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The-Devil-devil-fire-monster-smiley-emoticon-000833-large.gif

Here you go MB.

-ea6bflyr ;)

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Our squadron has made unique PPC/TACCO patches in the event Big Navy decides that's what this reg entails. Otherwise, we're going to do what we want until told otherwise. No one said the positional patches had to be uniform throughout the entire Navy....

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
I had a case of "fuck it, I'll go first"..

Odds on us wearing Black T-shirts on 1OCT?

Even better is "Odds on us being able to wear our bags out in town like was originally planned?" I like how he said they basically fucked up, and were working on it. I'm sure they are.