• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMDO BOARD FEB 15

AMDO87

I guess I just worry too much - it's the perfectionist in me (it has it's pros and cons). Anyway, I just got my FINAL SELECT letter today from my skipper! I report to OCS 03 May 2015! Hopefully I see you there @Claten ! It would be nice to have another fellow 1520 selectee there with me!

AMDO87

@Claten keep me updated please! That would be awesome if we landed the same class! Oh and just a heads up so you can start collecting the info if you don't have it readily available. The select letter said you had to have a SSBI initiated in OPM prior to reporting to OCS.

Claten

@Claten keep me updated please! That would be awesome if we landed the same class! Oh and just a heads up so you can start collecting the info if you don't have it readily available. The select letter said you had to have a SSBI initiated in OPM prior to reporting to OCS.
Good deal. I already have that taken care of unless they need another one, which is whatever I just want my Bupers to read final select at this point. Also, I've been talking to a girl that just went through OCS and she's been a big help on what to expect and what we can really bring (apparently the official site is a little outdated), as soon as I gather enough I'll get it to you.

AMDO87

Awesome thanks brother! Also, bol doesn't update as final select it's just a letter sent dirctly to your skipper.

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
Congratulations to all the selectees and alternates! I’ll be going to the NAMP Indoc course really soon so if you have any questions about what to expect, let me know.

If you didn’t make it this board, make your kit better and try again!

Good luck Shipmates.

Oliver M. Brown

Congratulations AMDO87 and all other selectees. You guys are awesome and an inspiration.
This year was the first I have applied to OCS. I made AMDO my one and only choice. I just got a chance to look at the results on BOL. I received a YES from the community boards, but a NO from NRC OCS Assessions. What does that mean? My final status says NO so I know that I was not selected. However, I would just like to know what that really means for me. Does it mean that my package was good, but I applied to the wrong community? Or it was good, but I just fell short for the quota. Or is it like the basic Navy Advancement test where you passed the test, just didn't score high enough to be advanced?
Does anyone know how to do an appeal? Or would it even be worth it? Or should I just wait til the next board? They don't say why it was not selected for the second vote, so is there something in their wording that hints at what I should work on? I feel so lost right now.

I do feel glad that I was good enough to get a YES from the community board, and I also feel blessed that I was able to get this far. But another part of me is disappointed, of course. But more so a bit lost as to what to do next.

Any advice?

exNavyOffRec

Congratulations AMDO87 and all other selectees. You guys are awesome and an inspiration.
This year was the first I have applied to OCS. I made AMDO my one and only choice. I just got a chance to look at the results on BOL. I received a YES from the community boards, but a NO from NRC OCS Assessions. What does that mean? My final status says NO so I know that I was not selected. However, I would just like to know what that really means for me. Does it mean that my package was good, but I applied to the wrong community? Or it was good, but I just fell short for the quota. Or is it like the basic Navy Advancement test where you passed the test, just didn't score high enough to be advanced?
Does anyone know how to do an appeal? Or would it even be worth it? Or should I just wait til the next board? They don't say why it was not selected for the second vote, so is there something in their wording that hints at what I should work on? I feel so lost right now.

I do feel glad that I was good enough to get a YES from the community board, and I also feel blessed that I was able to get this far. But another part of me is disappointed, of course. But more so a bit lost as to what to do next.

Any advice?

Does it say pro rec Y? can you post a screen shot but black out any personal info.

AMDO87

Any advice?

If you were professionally recommended from the community board that means that the community (AMDO) selected you, however, NRC doctors (N3M) must review your commissioning physical that you sent in with your application to verify you are within medical commissioning standards. Usually N3M will contact you directly via email if they have questions or want more information about anything that is disqualifying to see if there is a potential for a waiver. If you have not been contacted via email and received a non-select letter from NRC via your commanding officer then you most likely were not physically qualified for commission. Your non-select letter should state the reason why you didn't recieve a final select. If not, I'd recommend calling the OCS help desk to at least find out what happened. Their number is on the last page of the OCS chapter of the 1420.1B. You should most definitely be proud of the professional recommendation! That is the single most difficult part of the process! AMDO is one of the smallest, most selective communities - it's no small feat! Medical stuff is beyond anyone's control, but I hope you can find away around it possibly. As has been said many times in this forum, there is a waiver for EVERYTHING! I wish you the best!

Claten

@AMDO87 I was just told by Millington that I was PQ. It doesn't say that on my BUPERS though. Still just Y. So its a waiting game for me now. I did see the results for FY15 and FY16 and I was under the FY16 so I may not make the May 3rd class unfortunately (unless someone in the FY15 gets bumped).

Claten

@NavyOffRec I called Millington to ensure that I was good to go medically, which they assured me I was. Last week I saw the list of PR candidates for FY15 and FY16. I was on the FY16, and referring to an earlier post of yours on this thread you mentioned that the FY16 groups would start shipping in July. Is there a possibility of me getting held back later than that? I mean, is it realistic to think that I could ship anytime within the FY16 as long as I graduate before OCT 1 2016, or should I keep my hopes up for this summer sometime? My OIC still hasn't heard anything back in the way of orders, so needless to say with all these other guys getting ship dates, its making me a little anxious.

exNavyOffRec

@NavyOffRec I called Millington to ensure that I was good to go medically, which they assured me I was. Last week I saw the list of PR candidates for FY15 and FY16. I was on the FY16, and referring to an earlier post of yours on this thread you mentioned that the FY16 groups would start shipping in July. Is there a possibility of me getting held back later than that? I mean, is it realistic to think that I could ship anytime within the FY16 as long as I graduate before OCT 1 2016, or should I keep my hopes up for this summer sometime? My OIC still hasn't heard anything back in the way of orders, so needless to say with all these other guys getting ship dates, its making me a little anxious.

It just depends what their schedule is, it could be late July to next June, they will often give you 8 weeks notice.

Firemedic Sean

Hi there everyone! I was recently PROREQ'd for AMDO FY15. I am still awaiting my FINSEL. Has anyone recieved their FINSEL letter yet, or orders? Im not sure what the hold up is, perhaps because I'm a civilian. Please let me know. Also, how often does the AMDO school convene? Thanks, and Congratulations to those selected.

exNavyOffRec

Hi there everyone! I was recently PROREQ'd for AMDO FY15. I am still awaiting my FINSEL. Has anyone recieved their FINSEL letter yet, or orders? Im not sure what the hold up is, perhaps because I'm a civilian. Please let me know. Also, how often does the AMDO school convene? Thanks, and Congratulations to those selected.

you are one of the few civilians, congrats