• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force OTS --- wow.. hardcore

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
How about the gayness exhibited in 2:02? I hear they get to bring laptops and have all sorts of amenities and comforts of home...almost like summer camp. Aim high...:sleep_125

I was reading their website and, yeah, it was talking about bringing laptops and USB Flash drives.... wtf?

I wonder what that is like for people who want to be CRO's and hardcore stuff...

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Don't forget about AMS (Academy of Military Science), the Air Guard's version of OTS. It's only 6 weeks long.

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
2:45
"I wish I knew how to quit you"

I only got three minutes into it before I figured that I had wasted enough of my life on this.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
2:45
"I wish I knew how to quit you"

I only got three minutes into it before I figured that I had wasted enough of my life on this.

Yup, I only made it to 3:02. I don't know where to start. I don't even think some of the instructors would last a few days at Marine OCS. If only those clowns knew the shame that they should be feeling.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yup, I only made it to 3:02. I don't know where to start. I don't even think some of the instructors would last a few days at Marine OCS. If only those clowns knew the shame that they should be feeling.

I bailed early, too...out of pure disgust

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Officer accession programs are in part about indoctrinating people into the culture of their respective service - whether you are USMC, USN, AF, or Army . It's all the same goals just different cultures.

The AF guys have a much more corporate/standardized culture - and OTS is a little more "collegiate" than Marine Corps OCS -

Not saying it's not ok to give them a serious ribbing :) - but they are no less a warrior than any Marine or Navy type.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
What the F? Coffee? I could have solved 8/10 problems at OCS with the use of coffee! Was that a big screen TV? Three minutes in and I puked in my mouth a little. I'm sure OTS suits their needs or whatever, but damn...

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I concur with Chuck. I've seen similar shenanigans at Navy OCS, but they just aren't plastered on Youtube. A bit over the top, but in my assessment: Fine Americans. I'm just glad folks are still joining the military.

What is ridiculous is me sitting here and studying Sun Tzu and Clausewitz.:sleep_125

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
A little off topic, but what is USAFs equivalent to Navy's API?

AF UPT is pretty much end to end training. And you train as a class from day one. It's a different approach from Navy - both ways go back to WW2.

If you google "Air Force UPT" you should be able to find a precise answer to your question.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
"They should get beat because we got beat", huh? Who cares what the hell they do at OTS? If the end product is what they want, then what difference does it make? I bet there are some SEALs that would think PLC/OCC'ers had it easy too. Theres always going to be people that have it worse than you and those that have it easier. What did you expect from the Air Force for crying out loud?

HueyCobra8151

pilot
At first I thought it was funny, then I was disgusted, then I was angry that the Air Force receives such a huge "slice of the pie" and uses it like that. There are Marines housed in worse conditions than Air Force candidates...

I had to
myself after that.

...And a website...

Status
Not open for further replies.