• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Active shooter at NAS Pensacola

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
One now wonders what the Saudi SOFA looks like.

They typically get arrested by local law enforcement but whether they get prosecuted I believe depends on the severity of the crime. Obviously nothing new there. It's not unheard of for individuals to get in trouble, and with the increase of their enlisted going through USN training, it doesn't just happen at NPA.

While certainly not all Saudis, there are individuals who will prolong their training, well before even making it to API, just so they can stay in the states. It's not uncommon for individuals to fail language tests to stick around a college campus INCONUS until finally the Saudi government sends them home.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
without the shadow of a doubt coordinated. mass murder circkle jerk fuck fest the night before then coordinated filming. fuck em all. send em back. now there is absolutely zero reason to ever trust them again. IPs. please refuse to fly them. take a stand.

Right or wrong, something to keep in mind is that their training here actually helps the USN. The training of individual SNAs is only one part of the puzzle.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
What exactly do we gain from training Saudis? Serious question.

To boil it down, money. And no, I'm not going to sit and defend whether that's right or wrong. But they're pumping money into the rotary side now. Standby for more (assuming this doesn't derail anything). Just like a lot of FMS cases, their participation directly results in US upgrades and/or production lines staying open. Part of the payback is for them to go through some sort of training. In the Saudi's case, specifically USN aviation-related training with US personnel.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
To boil it down, money. And no, I'm not going to sit and defend whether that's right or wrong. But they're pumping money into the rotary side now. Standby for more (assuming this doesn't derail anything). Just like a lot of FMS cases, their participation directly results in US upgrades and/or production lines staying open. Part of the payback is for them to go through some sort of training. In the Saudi's case, specifically USN aviation-related training with US personnel.
And if we've learned anything about this country over the past few years, it's that money is more important than integrity...

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Update on tomorrow’s base event

Our command (NASC) needs as many students and military members we can muster in dress blues to line the streets tomorrow afternoon for the removal of our fallen from base. Looking at somewhere between 1200-1500. There is a meeting taking place to work out the details, and I will pass word as I get it.

UPDATE: Not intended for “Media or outside entities” This is for US Military Only.

Timeline: 1330 positioned. If you’re earlier than 1300 do not line up along roadsides until military honors are seen coming through the front gate.

Place: Coming through the front gate positioned along Dunken and right onto Taylor road (towards the museum) no further than Tow Road

Uniform: Dress uniform (If unable, recommend khakis or formal civilian attire)

Render Salute as vehicles pass. Recommend carpooling to the max extent or use the back gate to limit front gate traffic.

Thanks for the help and support!

exNavyOffRec

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
One now wonders what the Saudi SOFA looks like.

They can be prosecuted criminally by civilian courts but cannot be held liable for commiting military crimes or face justice by military court system (nor NJP I think).

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
And if we've learned anything about this country over the past few years, it's that money is more important than integrity...

And to be clear: FMS is a no-loss no-gain situation (there are some special circumstances where it is, but Saudi Arabia isn't one of them). We don't charge them for anything extra and make no "profit" but we don't give them a break either. However, their funding directly funds X number of IP's (I think on the order 46 throughout CNATRA?) and like others have said - with other programs - funds upgrades, keeps production lines open, etc.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor

One more thing, for what it's worth, FMS in general with exchange activities in particular brings interoperability (ex: suddenly, India having P-8's makes them play with us more than they had in the past for example), but also builds relationships. There's a well known story (whose exact details I forget) throughout this community of guys who worked together in the past who were able to successfully get guys to stand down during the Balkans Wars where NATO got involved. It builds trust especially when coincidences like that happen. There could be a circumstance where we get dragged into fighting alongside Saudis, especially with the current President's love affair for them and distaste for Iran.