• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Active shooter at NAS Pensacola

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I wouldn't be surprised if this forum lost someone today. API has a pretty high amount of people who are interested in this discussion forum (compared to other walks of this life). For all of you in API, I'm sorry this happened today; I truly can't imagine having to deal with this. It is a horrible way to be greeted into your Naval career. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. That's no sarcasm, I'm very serious. I was once personally touched by a student related multiple murder/suicide in the FRS. It isn't normal or something to just "get over" at the drop of a hat. I hope NASC gives you guys the time you need to get ok again.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As horrible as this is, given the time of day, thank god for,the side of the building this guy was on. Had he gone to the back side, that would have been right around A pool muster and this could have been a lot worse. Again, terrible thing to say as far as thanking god for that, but damn.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes...yes she is all screwed up. I had to watch the video to be sure...but she is screwed up!
Yeah, let's dogpile on the poor ENS who's probably thinking "shit, I thought I'd be back in my apartment now, and I'm on national TV, and my shipmates are bleeding out on the damn floor."

This isn't the fucking time. As the Brits might say, bad show.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
The number of people online (Reddit) that think all of us walk around US bases armed 24/7 is absolutely mind boggling....

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
This isn't the fucking time. As the Brits might say, bad show.

You're right, Nittany. My timing was in poor taste. I just noticed it that's all.

Edit: While the timing isn't great, this appears to be a JG with enough time under her missing belt to rate 7 ribbons. That's at a minimum 2 years of active duty to learn how to wear your shit. End edit

I hope all our AW brethren are okay tonight.

Last edited: